Arbroath vs. Raith Rovers

Brilliant win, and another game undefeated. Some run they are on just now. 

Tam O'Brien is an absolute beast. Just a brilliant defender, no doubt IMO, he could play for someone like Utd, St Johnstone if he really wanted to do. Jason Thomson has been brilliant of late as well, such a solid right back and what a vital touch that was to nick it away from the Raith striker. 

I repeat myself every week, but Bobby Linn, start him every single week. As fit as a fiddle, causes havoc and chaos every single week for the opposition. 

Hilson works his socks off, and not to knock him, but that is exactly why I wasn't that keen on him as a 'goalscorer'. He misses too many chances like that ; but he does his bit, just like the whole team does. 

Moore looked terrific there in his 10 minutes. Delighted for Doolan, fingers crossed for more. 

Buzzing, just fantastic, still on that wee run and 3pts. 

We've been decent all season, TBH. The only game I thought we were mince was the opener at Starks Park. A long way to go, and we've had some very unlucky losses e.g East End Park and squandered some should have been wins (Alloa, ICT) but IF, and that's a HUGE IF, we stay up, then I reckon that 2-0 comeback at QOTS is the game that turned it around! 

Fantastic!

Hard to say that wasn’t deserved. Arbroath played the conditions much better, the pitch was probably more of a factor than the wind and it’s 100% our fault for trying to play good football on it.

We showed up at Morton two weeks ago, took one look at the place and changed formation and style. Really hard to understand why we didn’t do the same today, on a worse pitch and worse conditions. I presume Musonda being out forced that, and McGlynn didn’t fancy Mendy in it. Likewise, Matthews being out is a blow and then Spencer pulling out before kick-off is even more unhelpful. But regardless of that it’s a bit of a mystery as to why we decided to try and play nice stuff through it.

Absolutely rotten and completely at odds with McGlynn’s interview through the week.

A dreadful game of football. They should’ve scored more in the fairness but the really odd goal that Arbroath scored kind of sums it up.

That was awful Rovers and Arbroath had it easy today we couldn’t string a pass together and playing tippy tippy football on that surface, luckily for us Arbroath are woeful in front of goal cos this should have been about 3-nil today . Well played Arbroath done everything we didnt

Absolutely magic 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Well and truly deserved, Everyone in Maroon was superb, Get in there the super Red Lichties. Just fantastic, The 🍺 will taste lovely tonight.

Credit to Raith and there fans for being honest and taking the defeat on the chin and praising the Smokies, Dungfermilne didn’t take it to well lol and near did Crawford, Wonder if Mcglynn will 😂😂😂 All the best for the best of the season until we come to Starks Park.

Well done Arbroath. Fully deserved the win. 

As for us, feels churlish complaining when we are third in the league but holy f**k, how can we be brilliant one week and  awful the next? There’s absolutely no middle ground. We could have played on for another 4 hours and still not scored. Dismal. 

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Hard to say that wasn’t deserved. Arbroath played the conditions much better, the pitch was probably more of a factor than the wind and it’s 100% our fault for trying to play good football on it.

We showed up at Morton two weeks ago, took one look at the place and changed formation and style. Really hard to understand why we didn’t do the same today, on a worse pitch and worse conditions. I presume Musonda being out forced that, and McGlynn didn’t fancy Mendy in it. Likewise, Matthews being out is a blow and then Spencer pulling out before kick-off is even more unhelpful. But regardless of that it’s a bit of a mystery as to why we decided to try and play nice stuff through it.

Absolutely rotten and completely at odds with McGlynn’s interview through the week.

A dreadful game of football. They should’ve scored more in the fairness but the really odd goal that Arbroath scored kind of sums it up.

This, 100 percent. 

Well done to the Lichties. Well deserved victory. Played the game as it needs to be on a sticky winter pitch. We were poor by comparison. Never threatening, slow to move the ball, lacking dig in the middle, etc, etc. It's all history now. Need to try to get back on track in the next game. 

Totally deserved victory for the lichties should have been far more comfortable. would have been raging at Hilson if we lost a late goal, Fucking brilliant performance and Bobby Linn is a magician who never ages. Smokies and wine...👌

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Iain Davidson, and I feel like I say this every week, is finished. Miles out of position, being skinned time and time again. Awful.

And yet you can almost guarantee he'll get a new contract in the Summer despite being past it for the last three seasons. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

As for us, feels churlish complaining when we are third in the league but holy f**k, how can we be brilliant one week and  awful the next? There’s absolutely no middle ground. We could have played on for another 4 hours and still not scored. Dismal. 

We have actually to create a chance first !
I just think it was to cold and windy for them today and there wee tootsies  would get cold not one of them up for it 

Just now, roverthemoon said:

I've wondered the same thing. 

We've rightly heaped praise on the Rovers in many of the games this season, but they've got to be prepared for flack when they're so comprehensively outplayed and outfought. 

Only Jamie MacDonald got pass marks today and when ten out of eleven are off it, like the Dunfermline game, it's not going to end well. 

That goal we conceded was Sunday league standard. MacDonald just passed it straight to the Arbroath boy who crossed it in, whilst MacDonald seemed to be out of position due to us bizarrely losing the ball, leaving Doolan to tackle it over the line.

Novelty of online streaming is wearing pretty thin now, like. Only so many more grainy streams alongside anecdotes of Jackie O’s and Ford Capri’s I can handle.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That goal we conceded was Sunday league standard. MacDonald just passed it straight to the Arbroath boy who crossed it in, whilst MacDonald seemed to be out of position due to us bizarrely losing the ball, leaving Doolan to tackle it over the line.

Novelty of online streaming is wearing pretty thin now, like. Only so many more grainy streams with anecdotes of Jackie O’s and Ford Capri’s I can handle.

Don’t forget the discos and the birds my god ! Shut up 

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Shite. We've seen it so often recently it was entirely predictable. If that was after "preparing for a hard game in difficult conditions" it's time to forget preparations because the players must be either deaf or wooden.

Easier said than done. Every single AFC player gets stuck right in and they’re all magic at it, except for maybe Linn and Doolan but they do their jobs. We’re unreal at making games hard. Everyone so fucking fit. 

Thought Scott Stewart was excellent too by the way. Centre of the midfield involved in everything. We played some good stuff for all the talk about the park. Young Williamson doing rollovers and running about with it in the 90th minute like an experienced pro. What a boy