Spencer 

Armstrong                                            Gullan

Ugwu

Hummmm...

JMac

Tumilty/Musonda/Bene/Mendy/KMac

Spencer/Hendry

Tait/Gullan/Kennedy

Have Davo to plug in at the 60 minute mark for whomever is flagging or injured...bring in Abraham for Gullan about then too.

When was the last time Arbroath beat us prior to when they pretty much wrapped up the league at Stark's in that god awful 18/19 season? I had a look through "Always Next Season" and it indicates it might have been as far back as 1979.

Hammy won the league at Starks Park [emoji444]

26 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

When was the last time Arbroath beat us prior to when they pretty much wrapped up the league at Stark's in that god awful 18/19 season? I had a look through "Always Next Season" and it indicates it might have been as far back as 1979.

Looks like it’s happened 6 times since before the 18/19 season and after 1979, most recent 2003, not played much between then and a few years ago. 

Weather seems ok tbh it’s blustery but nothing mental. Drove past the front and that’s how it felt, could be wrong though but seemed pretty average.

29 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I make it 86/87 season in the league. Have a couple of cup wins since. That will all change after today.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looks like it’s happened 6 times since before the 18/19 season and after 1979, most recent 2003, not played much between then and a few years ago. 

Weather seems ok tbh it’s blustery but nothing mental. Drove past the front and that’s how it felt, could be wrong though but seemed pretty average.

I see where I've gone wrong with it. It's a Rovers book but it gives the match results showing with us always being the on the fixtures (so the 2003 game would be a 0-1 despite Arbroath being the home team).

13 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Hammy won the league at Starks Park emoji444.png

That he did. Arbroath's form that season was pretty incredible: looking back I think you'd need to go back to Queen of the South to have found a team who won the League 1 title with such consistency in their results. It's not really a surprise we finished 3rd when we had a team with three mediocre holding midfielders - it doesn't help when your two best creative players (Vaughan and Hendry) get cruciate injuries. Even Kevin Nisbet firing in 30 goals didn't help. 

That he did. Arbroath's form that season was pretty incredible: looking back I think you'd need to go back to Queen of the South to have found a team who won the League 1 title with such consistency in their results. It's not really a surprise we finished 3rd when we had a team with three mediocre holding midfielders - it doesn't help when your two best creative players (Vaughan and Hendry) get cruciate injuries. Even Kevin Nisbet firing in 30 goals didn't help. 

Our first defeat was against you lot on December 22nd IIRC. Gav Swankie sent off for a “dive”. The red was rescinded and hopefully the ref that day has never officiated in the league again

Musonda will be a big miss for us. The Davo/Bene dream team reunite. Still no Vaughan either, anyone heard anything?

I’m also going to say this almost in the hope of jinxing it... but I’ve never seen anything from Jamie Gullan to suggest he can be an effective number 10. His good games have been almost exclusively from the left hand side.

Shite luck with injuries continues. Bene returns to fitness only for us to lose Musonda.

Matthews is another big miss in a battle like I expect today to be. I would have stuck with 3 centre backs today to grind it out but McGlynn has reverted to our best ‘footballing’ line up. Time will soon tell whether it is the correct decision.

Musonda out is bad news. Back to the clasic combination that didn't really look good in L1. 

Duku continuing to be left out the side is a bit weird. 

One day we won't have a number of players injured. 

Edited by Michael W