Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

Should never have lost that one, absolutely dominated the second half after a fairly even first. Once more didn't take our chances though and while the goals conceded were nowhere near as bad as the past few weeks, they both came at times when we certainly weren't under any real pressure. Couple of calls I'd like to see again, the disallowed goal in particular. But even in defeat and on a day when other results leave us in a perilous situation, I'm more hopeful. Keep playing like that and we'll pick up points. Maybe not enough points, but there is hope. 

Good win for Dunfermline in the circumstances but once again I'd be questioning Crawford. There is so much attacking talent in that team, but he doesn't seem to know what to do with it. That was tortuous stuff from a team which should have plenty of flair. 

The best that we've played for weeks and we end up losing. Unfortunately we didn't help ourselves by defending crosses poorly and not making enough of the cruising chances that we got. It's also tough when three key marginal decisions all went Dunfermline's way.

Just now, Wee wasp said:

How alloa got  beat is beyond me, that dunfermline team won't get out that league,

If you saw us against Raith you would say differently. We are capable of a lot better but granted we are always pish against Alloa for some reason. We still can't figure out how to negate Alloa's possession game after a few years now.

Wow. We deserved absolutely nothing from that and walk away with all 3 points. The only positives, out-with 3 points, is that Wighton looked superb and MacDonald didn’t look out of place at RB.

I think we needed a game rapid after the Arbroath debacle. 3 points is all that mattered in the end. Hopefully that has flushed it out the system and we can just kick on now. Nothing would please me more than going to Dumfries and fucking up AJ’s run in Toryland.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Craig Wighton ❤️

He was the reason we won today. Two quality goals that none of our existing strikers would've scored. Not sure why so many Pars fans were miffed at him signing for us.

Edited by Chubbychops

Cant believe pars fans are happy with that. Midfield totally non existent the entire game and he made a sub that made it worse. Get mayo out and mcinroy in, he's a great player. We couldn't sting two passes together and got outworked by a part time team.

Second goal against the run of play and alloa could have had two pens and a goal that got chalked off for nothing much tbh. Outplayed by the two bottom part time sides despite having that squad. Crawford is hopeless.

Cant believe pars fans are happy with that. Midfield totally non existent the entire game and he made a sub that made it worse. Get mayo out

Today was the only time I’ve seen him off the boil. Think you need to assess what you are saying more. McInroy, bar the Hearts home win, has been anonymous.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cant believe pars fans are happy with that. Midfield totally non existent the entire game and he made a sub that made it worse. Get mayo out and mcinroy in, he's a great player. We couldn't sting two passes together and got outworked by a part time team.

Second goal against the run of play and alloa could have had two pens and a goal that got chalked off for nothing much tbh. Outplayed by the two bottom part time sides despite having that squad. Crawford is hopeless.

Completely but sadly agree. Central midfield was non existent , apart from the two goals we created nothing else. BBC says we managed two corners to their eight. Alloa certainly had more and better scoring chances. My patience with Crawford is virtually exhausted. Alloa deserved a point at least.

10 minutes into that second half I was saying who is this team that has come out? 

We've not played that well since Dundee on the TV early in the season. Transplant that performance into the next game and then Raith and then Inverness at home and we'll be right in the mix. Conversely if the first half team turns up we might struggle. We were very wasteful when we got into good areas until the rocket from Williamson from out of nowhere. After that we looked vintage Alloa.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't let the Falkirk fans hear you admit that he does actually run Scottish football and has the final say on absolutely everything and isn't just one guy in the board with one vote.

The banter if he gets a job at Fifa... Alloa running world football😂

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The banter if he gets a job at Fifa... Alloa running world football😂

If he's running scottish football  he's needing to do something about these referees, I know its easiest thing to do and blame the ref but some of the decisions against alloa this season have been shocking, 

5 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

If he's running scottish football  he's needing to do something about these referees, I know its easiest thing to do and blame the ref but some of the decisions against alloa this season have been shocking, 

Since a ref turned up without getting tested two weeks ago and thought he was good to go... I think you can surmise they are a law unto themselves.