Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

He was the reason we won today. Two quality goals that none of our existing strikers would've scored. Not sure why so many Pars fans were miffed at him signing for us.

I think he’s excellent. See when he was with us with the pressure off he was different class, a lot of pressure been on him from a young age at Dundee and going to a club like Hearts and competing for a place against Boyce/Naismith etc too would’ve been hard. Make him main man, let him play and I think he’ll be brilliant. Love him

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Excellent work again.

I was watching this just now and Mrs p asked "Is that the guy with the dogs commentating?". Eventually figured out she meant Andrew Cotter.

Ref got the allegedly controversial decisions right IMO. 

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Alloa were the better team yesterday but never really got that close to scoring an equaliser I thought.  Innes Cameron would do well to focus on staying on his feet and looking to make better contact with the ball rather than look for the foul, as demonstrated throughout these highlights.  Or a different striker may have been the difference between a defeat and a draw.   Not really understanding the comments from Peter Grant after the game, nothing outlandishly wrong in the refs performance.  It’s not like you can’t make a case for the way he gave those decisions unlike some refereeing performances that leave both sets of fans perplexed.

It’s a strange thing to say, but if they do go down it’s probably one of the better teams relegated in some time.   No point playing attractive attacking football if it can’t get results unfortunately.  While Crawford grinds out another W...

While we were unfortunate yesterday, we didn't have enough of a goal threat for all our good build up play. To add to that, we've been too easy to score against at the other end. 

These factors point to a lack of balance in the team / squad, and not purely bad luck. It's no fluke that we are where we are.

Having watched the highlights back with better viewing, referee got the decisions spot on. As much as Alloa threatened they never had any clear cut chances IMO. Half chances at most. Not the best performance from us but just getting 3 points is all that matters after the past few weeks.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Having watched the highlights back with better viewing, referee got the decisions spot on. As much as Alloa threatened they never had any clear cut chances IMO. Half chances at most. Not the best performance from us but just getting 3 points is all that matters after the past few weeks.

Agreed, was a bit flummoxed to read after the game Alloa fans slating the ref when he get the decisions spot on. 

Was also surprised to read about how good Alloa were and how poor we were, thought we put in an alright defensive display, happy enough to let Alloa have possession with the onus on them to do something. 

Shades of grey IMO, we were painfully average, Alloa weren't any better. 

Those screams from the Alloa team for the penalties 😂 😂 😂 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Agreed, was a bit flummoxed to read after the game Alloa fans slating the ref when he get the decisions spot on. 

Was also surprised to read about how good Alloa were and how poor we were, thought we put in an alright defensive display, happy enough to let Alloa have possession with the onus on them to do something. 

Shades of grey IMO, we were painfully average, Alloa weren't any better. 

Those screams from the Alloa team for the penalties 😂 😂 😂 

Ultimately people try and build a narrative around a game. Couple of weeks back we had QoS fans and their club twitter and site pushing the idea that Alloa targeted Connor Shields. Utter nonsense IMO. Yesterday some Alloa folk blamed the ref. I don't accept that theory either. We were to blame for our defeat, although I also don't accept that either set of highlights provide conclusive answers on a couple of the incidents. There is another narrative from some Pars fans that winning, however ugly, is all that matters. That's a tempting one to adopt but possibly points more to trying to avoid some awkward truths. 

You are bringing yet another narrative, that Dunfermline were average and Alloa no better. Can't agree with that, think we clearly did play better than the Pars. Think the theory falls down too when you look at the difference in attacking options. Alloa fans know how much either Banks or O'Hara would transform our team. McManus would provide a cutting edge too. Fraser Murray looked like the kind of wide option we have lacked all season. To have such options - and a few others, - and yet still be outplayed by a team who have been struggling of late and look destined for League 1 should be a little alarming, regardless of squeezing out a rather fortunate win. 

There's another shade of grey or two for you😁

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

You are erroneously assuming some level of correlation between the quality of a referee's decisions and fans' assessment of that quality. 

3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

although I also don't accept that either set of highlights provide conclusive answers on a couple of the incidents. 

Fortunately there was an unbiased expert close to these incidents yesterday. Can't get much more conclusive than that, Waspie.

😜 🙃

25 minutes ago, Waspie said:

You are bringing yet another narrative, that Dunfermline were average and Alloa no better. Can't agree with that, think we clearly did play better than the Pars. 

You did? For a team that clearly played better you created absolutely nothing, nada, not a single chance where OFW was lauded for a great save or anyone thought the Alloa player should've scored. 

I'd far rather win how he did yesterday, than lose how Alloa did. 

You did? For a team that clearly played better you created absolutely nothing, nada, not a single chance where OFW was lauded for a great save or anyone thought the Alloa player should've scored. 

I'd far rather win how he did yesterday, than lose how Alloa did. 

Spot on.

Alloa have this thing because they retain possession and knock it about it somehow trumps us. They literally have 0 threat in the final 3rd. Their goal started from absolutely shocking goalkeeping followed up with equally as bad defending. I can’t remember them having a decent chance the full game. The referee got the calls spot on as well for the penalties and goal that was chopped. It’s no surprise to see them bottom because they clearly do not create enough clear-cut opportunities to score.

59 minutes ago, Waspie said:

r. Can't agree with that, think we clearly did play better than the Pars. Think the theory falls down too when you look at the difference in attacking options. Alloa fans know how much either Banks or O'Hara would transform our team. McManus would provide a cutting edge too. Fraser Murray looked like the kind of wide option we have lacked all season. To have such options - and a few others, - and yet still be outplayed by a team who have been struggling of late and look destined for League 1 should be a little alarming, regardless of squeezing out a rather fortunate win. 

I don’t get how you can you say you were clearly better,  but suffered due to our attacking options compared to you?    You were clearly better in midfield,  but that’s only one aspect of the game.    Having forward players to make the most of whatever possession you do have is another aspect.  Something we did well and you didn’t.

Edited by parsforlife

Peter Grant is a total minter btw in they post-match comments. Alloa are bottom because they aren’t very good, not due to referees being somehow against them. He gets booked more than his players because of his incessant screaming and shouting, probably marred with abuse in it towards the officials, resulting in inevitable bookings. Absolute tosspot.

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Surprised to see the Pars committed fourteen fouls to our six yesterday. Didn't feel there was that much disparity watching the game.

That seems about right tbf(and often I think a lot of the stats for this level are a load of shite) Your greater possession resulted in us making a few niggly fouls 35-40 yards out.   Probably half of those we given against McManus.   I can only really think of one free kick in a dangerous area we conceded tho.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That seems about right tbf(and often I think a lot of the stats for this level are a load of shite) Your greater possession resulted in us making a few niggly fouls 35-40 yards out.   Probably half of those we given against McManus.   I can only really think of one free kick in a dangerous area we conceded tho.

Thirty-five yards out you say. So the final third.