Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

This Saturday, East End Park, 15.00.

Perhaps a week out last Saturday wasn't the worst thing for the squad. We now have Dom Thomas back and hopefully he can find his early season form again. Just don't let him take corners or free kicks. We now have Craig Wighton in the squad, so it will be interesting to see how he features on Saturday and how he does.

Injury news seems to be more positive with only Dow and long term absentee Martin currently known to not be available.

Last time we played Alloa we ran out 1-4 winners over at the Indodrill. Kevin O'Hara got a hattrick that day but has been poor since. Should he feature could be perhaps show that he is capable of better?

We're on a rotten run at the moment with just 2 wins in 10 games. We've slipped to 3rd and half the league are not far behind. We are in real danger of falling out of the top 4 if we don't start winning.

We are playing the bottom placed side st home. A win is absolutely needed here and less isn't really good enough.

Alloa however may feel strangely confident given their recent record at East. We haven't beaten them in our last 6 meetings at East End.

Edited by DA Baracus

Actually looking forward to it (probably due to last game I watched was the skudding of Rovers) and hoping Wighton gets a good go at it either from starting ot a good stint off the bench

3 points an absolute must.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I could be wrong and have maybe missed something, but it appears that our last victory at home to Alloa was a League Cup game 12 and a half years ago.

Did you not beat them at East End in the playoffs a few seasons back, even though they won on aggregate? 

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Did you not beat them at East End in the playoffs a few seasons back, even though they won on aggregate? 

Ah yes, we did! Good call. I was even at that game! We won 1-0 but had lost at Alloa 3-0.

Thought I had overlooked something! Still, no win at home against Alloa since May 2013 is pretty grim, although we weren't in the same division for many of the years since.

10 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Correct, although it was 2013...time flies.

At the League Cup game referenced, remember Andy Kirk scoring a cracker to win it for Dunfermline.

East End Park is like a home from home in recent seasons, but we will need an improved performance on Saturday to get a result.

Edit- DA Baracus beat me to it.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Vespa vulgaris said:

If Kevin O'Hara isnt performing for you, maybe he coudl go out on loan to us?

Good shout  but i don't think kevin would go for it  , Also minimal benefit for DAFC as there would not be much development .

what's the chances of  Banks scoring against us though ?

Last game we had a few howlers , hopefully a bit tighter this time around .

Edited by whereismillar

Thankfully won't have to listen to that insufferable Peter Grant screaming the full match.

Dom Thomas back in for Dow at right-wing I think. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself. Should be looking for a comfortable victory, but we have a fetish for chucking away games at home to Alloa. 

I feared the worst before the game at the Recs but on the day Dunfermline looked pretty similar to the last couple of seasons. Not very good. Unfortunately for us, a combination of absolutely horrific defending and Kevin O'Hara being on hand to take advantage saw us taking a bit of a pumping which didn't really reflect the game. I would expect Dunfermline to play better tomorrow and with the addition of Banks and Wighton they also look a good bit stronger.

Despite taking 4 points from the last two games we didn't play well and again gifted terrible goals. I'd like to see Scougall get a start and for the attacking midfielders to get up in support of Cameron. We must cut out the shockers at the back. But beyond the fighting spirit in the camp and some kind of hope that the aforementioned 4 points can spark a revival, I'm struggling to find too many reasons for optimism here. Anyway, mon the Wasps 🐝

Looking at our current squad even without Dow, it's a strong group of players compared to most clubs in this league.

Time has come to get a run of results now. Management need to show they are the guys to take us forward from here or face the consequences.

Tomorrow has to be a win.

Edited by Chubbychops

Need a much better performance today than the last few weeks if we are to get anything from this, hopefully our recent track record at EEP kicks in or we could be on the end of a bit of a pasting!

After O’Hara haunting us in the first game, what odds Banks does the same this time?!!

Surely we must win this today. We are maybe fortunate the Dundee game was off as had we lost that the pressure to get a win today would have been even higher. As it is, with Dundee playing a Queen of the South side that are in decent form and Raith facing the tricky trip to Gayfield (and Arbroath themselves looking a bit better in recent weeks) there is a glimmer of hope that we might get a positive week for a change. It's the hope that kills you of course.

Wonder if the Lithuanian will be on the bench? And if/when Wighton gets a shot.