Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Can they reverse it if you withdraw? 

I don't think so, they can potentially issue bank recalls but only if the account holder agrees to reversals. There's also the chance that they catch it whilst it's still processing the withdrawal.

WH are OK though as funds don't take the standard 3 days to clear so as soon as it's in the bank, you're golden. You might just be 'limited' in betting with them again.

Edited by djchapsticks

Said before the game we weren't necessarily going to win the game but we wouldn't lose it. We looked like a team that has been playing 2 games a week for the last 3 weeks, started off brightly and faded in the second half.

As Arch Stanton wrote, that's better than a 3-0 forfeit loss, but we need a rest and it's not coming for nigh on a couple of weeks. Livi, Motherwell and County in quick succession. Livi desperate to stop the rot, County and Motherwell desperate to pull away from the bottom.

18 hours ago, Torfason said:

Best game at Douglas Park was Peter Weir coming home and Saints winning 4-2 with goals from Paul Chalmers (2), Peter Weir and Billy Davies 🙌🏻

I can remember that game well.A good St.Mirren team.

I can still vividly remember watching my wee brother playing for Accies reserves in a bounce game on the old red Ash pitch(there were a few) at the Hamilton end of Strathclyde Park.

Reason I remember this game is the aforementioned Paul Chalmers playing against I think it was The Lanarkshire Under 18 Schools side and Chalmers was the worst guy on the pitch with all the young lads looking miles better.

Still,to be fair he was okish when he played for us. as for tonight's game,no surprise with the outcome.Others have already summed it up well in this thread. 

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think so, they can potentially issue bank recalls but only if the account holder agrees to reversals. There's also the chance that they catch it whilst it's still processing the withdrawal.

WH are OK though as funds don't take the standard 3 days to clear so as soon as it's in the bank, you're golden. You might just be 'limited' in betting with them again.

They definitely won’t honour the bet with it being an incorrect full time score. I don’t think Hills release the money instantly into the users bank account so they will have a bit of time to cancel the withdrawals. I think the term used in their terms and conditions is ‘palpable error’. I hope they do honour it tbh but would be very surprised. 

38 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Dont think it has been mentioned but thought the ref was atrocious.

That was McLean at a 9/10 imo, he usually manages to turn every game he officiates into a farce. There’s a video on YouTube (that I can’t currently find) of a Croatia under 21 game he took charge of where a player gets scythed down in the box and McLean waves play on as the ball rolls into the goalkeepers hands. As the players go absolutely apoplectic that the penalty wasn’t given he walks over to his assistant to have a talk with him, and they both come to the conclusion that the game should restart with a corner :lol: the ball hadn’t left the goalkeepers hands for about 90 seconds and had never crossed the byline at any point.  

Highlight tonight was when he booked Marcus Fraser for pulling Anderson back, even though Frasers hands didn’t at anytime actually touch Anderson. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

I don’t want to point the finger at Cammy and Ethan as they are both young and in all honesty are expected to lack consistency, it’s just a shame we don’t have options to play tonight as the game passed them both by.
I know I had a poke at McAllister but other than some flashes, he has been largely disappointing since he came back. 
I noticed signing for Derby is still his pinned tweet........if he isn’t careful it will be all he has to look back on as he drops down the leagues, which would be a shame as the boy has talent but either injuries or the mental block of his big move not working out but something is wrong.

All in 2 points dropped and while Accies played well and thoroughly deserved their point, we should have done more.

Watching Goodwin walking off the park, I suspect some players will be getting ripped a new one as that was never a top 6 performance.

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Some of you might have noticed, as I did, that Kyle McAllister lasted the full 90 minutes for us tonight.

I had to lookup on Soccerbase to find out the last time it happened.

Reveal hidden contents

PlayOff final 1st leg v DU

Will probably be a sub on Saturday.

I was amazed he wasnt subbed. Done well for the goal, but surely we would have got more from 1 of the youngsters from bench for the last 20?

I don’t know if it’s just his natural body shape, but he looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight around with him. Possibly being harsh as I say, some people are built like that, but he certainly doesn’t have an athletic figure. He’s also painfully slow, and 9 times out of 10 has to turn back on himself after being caught up by a defender. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don’t know if it’s just his natural body shape, but he looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight around with him. Possibly being harsh as I say some people are built like that, but he certainly doesn’t have an athletic figure. He’s also painfully slow, and 9 times out of 10 has to turn back on himself after being caught up by a defender. 

Who ? 

daddy2.jpg

37 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don’t know if it’s just his natural body shape, but he looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight around with him. Possibly being harsh as I say, some people are built like that, but he certainly doesn’t have an athletic figure. He’s also painfully slow, and 9 times out of 10 has to turn back on himself after being caught up by a defender. 

Sadly that's down to his injury. Remember his first ever goal for Saints v Spartans? He was faster than a greased whippet.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sadly that's down to his injury. Remember his first ever goal for Saints v Spartans? He was faster than a greased whippet.

Was that the goal he ran from the halfway line and fired one in from the edge of the box?

It’s funny because my first memories of him when he broke into the team are of a wee skinny teenager built like a pound note. He has been very unlucky with the hip injury he has and by all accounts it’s something he has to deal with now for the rest of his career,  so that may be an understandable reason why he doesn’t have the most athletic of builds. 

As soon as I saw the lineup my heart sank. How can anyone who had seen Obika and Erwin play together possibly try it again?

Obika was largely poor after a promising start. Erwin was shocking. My particular ‘highlight’ was when he got the ball in acres of space deep in the Hamilton half with 3 players running off him. 5 seconds later Hamilton were missing their best chance of the match. He also got Shaughnessy booked with a dreadful 5 yard pass which put us in trouble.

Wtf was wrong with Obika in the middle and Ilkay and Connolly wide? It’s worked well in numerous matches.

I’ll not be too harsh on cammy or Ethan who are young and in any case I thought were a mix of good and bad. McAllister largely anonymous which is frustrating as he has the ability to unlock any defence.

The lack of JDH and McGrath made a bigger difference in midfield than I expected and our lack of options up front is worrying.

Jim has had no luck with injuries in either of his seasons in charge.

Just watched the highlights on the Beeb, and Obika clearly onside at Saints’ chopped off goal.

Playing against a team on a great run, Saints with a decimated team, hit the woodwork twice, only concede to a deflection, and potentially winning goal incorrectly chopped off.

And in the top 6.

I know some will feel disappointed, but I don’t think we should be.

Top 6, and no new injuries. Result!

22 minutes ago, Micky said:

Obika was largely poor after a promising start. Erwin was shocking. My particular ‘highlight’ was when he got the ball in acres of space deep in the Hamilton half with 3 players running off him. 5 seconds later Hamilton were missing their best chance of the match. He also got Shaughnessy booked with a dreadful 5 yard pass which put us in trouble.

That’s the one that sticks in my mind from tonight too, Erwin gets himself in a good position 25-30 yards out and then just over runs the ball straight into a Accies defender, who plays the ball down the line for their forward to run on to and nearly score. It’s just a lack of basic footballing abilty, along with his dreadful first touch. I don’t see what he brings to the team in that formation; he’s not a target man, he’s not great with the ball at his feet, he doesn’t make good decisions in the final third. He had a few nice flick ons in the first half, but more than a few of our attacks broke down after he got the ball in the second half. 

Something I’ve actually noticed over the last few weeks is how good Obika is at controlling a ball fired into him with pace, usually with a big centre half right up his arse.  He done it a few times tonight where he was able to control it, hold off the defender and lay the ball off to the onrushing midfielders, he then gets his head down and gets himself into the box. It’s something Lyndon Dykes is brilliant at, being able to bring a ball under control with his back to goal and allow the midfielders time to get up and support. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Just watched the highlights on the Beeb, and Obika clearly onside at Saints’ chopped off goal.

Playing against a team on a great run, Saints with a decimated team, hit the woodwork twice, only concede to a deflection, and potentially winning goal incorrectly chopped off.

And in the top 6.

I know some will feel disappointed, but I don’t think we should be.

Top 6, and no new injuries. Result!

20210218_011106.thumb.jpg.c19d6f96bc453bab2a06d6b3c55a6a53.jpg

Easton playing him on very clearly. That's hugely disappointing as it should certainly have counted.