Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

HT 0-0
Quite an entertaining match, we’ve certainly been the better side. The ball has hit the Accies bar from Easton, their post from Tait and their keeper has made a couple of good saves.
They’ve got forward a few times but Alnwick hasn’t had a save to make.
Certainly three points here for the taking if we keep this level up. We don’t have any forwards on the bench though and I expect we will tire as the game wears on. imagine we will see Flynn and Connolly before long.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

we’ve certainly been the better side. The ball has hit the Accies bar from Easton, their post from Tait and their keeper has made a couple of good saves.
They’ve got forward a few times but Alnwick hasn’t had a save to make.
Certainly three points here for the taking

Hamilton:

42cuct.jpg.ef06a5bd92212f0987ce6ff0bb26cd2f.jpg

Well, that first half flew by, not your typical St Mirren-Accies game at all.  I thought we started well, but St Mirren are the side who look more threatening.  I'd settle for a 0-0 just now, especially with us down to 10 men, as seems likely to happen soon.

21 minutes ago, Lex said:

It is strange how they count these shots on target. I’m sure that the one we had headed off the line in the semi didn’t count as a shot on target because the keeper didn’t save it emoji28.png

The bookies all get their stats from OPTA. Tait's wee flick towards the corner of the goal counts as a SOT but hitting the post does not, the Accies player's similar wee flick just before HT also counts as a SOT.

Crosses don't count unless they go in eg Candyass's goal a couple of season ago wouldn't have counted had Samson saved it. Likewise McGrath's goal for us this season v QotS.  Defender's clearances don't count if the goalkeeper is centrally behind the defender. As usual with these things the rules are heavily weighted in favour of the bookie.

ETA https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/betting-basics-what-is-a-shot-on-target-in-betting-and-how/1vpmdiybb55ay1qtht9dytbopm#:~:text=Per the rules of bet365,they meet the above criteria.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Is Durmus the best left back in the league? Not for me to say, but yes.

We’re doing pretty well but need more going forward from McAllister and MacPherson. Great to see Tait so involved again.

This commentator’s even worse than usual tonight, what’s happened to the other competent guy?