Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

The past two games we've looked like a team that's gelled and know one an other. Zinedine Odoffin looks a new man in the DM position and Callachan playing just behind a striker that's capable of controlling a ball always looks a threat too.

My only slight reservation for this game would be the possibility of Martin coming in for Trafford, I thought he looked a little wreckless against Motherwell and is a risk of a red card.

It's an odd feeling going into a game thinking that we'll put in a good performance so undoubtedly this will be an easy win for St. Mirren with us having zero shots in the game.

When St Mirren v Hamilton fixtures come around, midweek, in winter, there’s only one course of action I can take. Pour myself a large one, raise my glass, and in a strong unwavering voice make a toast.. To lockdown. God bless it.
Dare you to post that on the covid thread.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
23 hours ago, pozbaird said:
When St Mirren v Hamilton fixtures come around, midweek, in winter, there’s only one course of action I can take. Pour myself a large one, raise my glass, and in a strong unwavering voice make a toast.. To lockdown. God bless it.

Dare you to post that on the covid thread.

Time for me to be completely honest... think of the worst 0-0 shitfest I’ve ever withessed between St Mirren and Hamilton. 99.99% certain to be a Gus MacPherson game. If someone told me tomorrow’s game would be even worse than that, but Jason Fcuking Leitch and Wee Jimmy Krankie would let us go to it... I’d crawl over broken glass from Cumbernauld to attend.

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Time for me to be completely honest... think of the worst 0-0 shitfest I’ve ever withessed between St Mirren and Hamilton. 99.99% certain to be a Gus MacPherson game. If someone told me tomorrow’s game would be even worse than that, but Jason Fcuking Leitch and Wee Jimmy Krankie would let us go to it... I’d crawl over broken glass from Cumbernauld to attend.

That was a terrible time. Wasn’t there something like five 0-0 games in a row between Gus and Billy Reid?  

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

That was a terrible time. Wasn’t there something like five 0-0 games in a row between Gus and Billy Reid?  

During the Gus - Reid shitfest era, someone gave me three places at Hamilton’s corporate hospitality for a game against us. Three of us racked up suited and booted and prepared to show our hosts restrained respect (as we should). Sat in the main stand, and thirty seconds into the game, as a St Mirren defender has the ball, about four seats away from us, an auld Accies supporting cnut loudly bawls ‘break his fcuking legs! break his legs! Intae’ these cnuts Accies!’.... Murder. Absolute murder. 90 minutes of biting our lip hell. Turned out to be a 0-0 festival of shit, but I was desperate for us to sneak a 90th minute winner to get it right up that auld cnut.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

During the Gus - Reid shitfest era, someone gave me three places at Hamilton’s corporate hospitality for a game against us. Three of us racked up suited and booted and prepared to show our hosts restrained respect (as we should). Sat in the main stand, and thirty seconds into the game, as a St Mirren defender has the ball, about four seats away from us, an auld Accies supporting cnut loudly bawls ‘break his fcuking legs! break his legs! Intae’ these cnuts Accies!’.... Murder. Absolute murder. 90 minutes of biting our lip hell. Turned out to be a 0-0 festival of shit, but I was desperate for us to sneak a 90th minute winner to get it right up that auld cnut.

I have heard people say that the Accies corporate hospitality leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Couldn't have been old Fergie as you would have got the accompanying tongue and hand action.

I can remember an Accies v St.Mirren game at the old Douglas Park and after a Saints goal, the whole  away support were singing "Fergie,Fergie, what's the score etc".

Fergie-resplendent in that black pinstripe suit he always wore- replied with the usual legendary gestures.Apparently it was two each judging by his ability to do the Harvey Smith's with both hands.

As for this game,the first goal will be vital.Whoever scores it,I don't fancy the other side to score two.

A 3-3 draw it is then lol.

33 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Couldn't have been old Fergie as you would have got the accompanying tongue and hand action.

I can remember an Accies v St.Mirren game at the old Douglas Park and after a Saints goal, the whole  away support were singing "Fergie,Fergie, what's the score etc".

Fergie-resplendent in that black pinstripe suit he always wore- replied with the usual legendary gestures.Apparently it was two each judging by his ability to do the Harvey Smith's with both hands.

As for this game,the first goal will be vital.Whoever scores it,I don't fancy the other side to score two.

A 3-3 draw it is then lol.

Best game at Douglas Park was Peter Weir coming home and Saints winning 4-2 with goals from Paul Chalmers (2), Peter Weir and Billy Davies 🙌🏻

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Best game at Douglas Park was Peter Weir coming home and Saints winning 4-2 with goals from Paul Chalmers (2), Peter Weir and Billy Davies 🙌🏻

Paul Chalmers owns the flat below mine. I've spoken to him several times about his time with Saints, he says that diving header is his favourite of all his goals.

58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Paul Chalmers owns the flat below mine. I've spoken to him several times about his time with Saints, he says that diving header is his favourite of all his goals.

Brilliant, thanks for sharing that 

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Peter Weir was some player.

Also nice to see a rare clip of Colin "Bomber" Harris getting a goal.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I was at this game and used to love going to the old Douglas park ground. A similar result tonight would be excellent.