Marshall

Henry Gallagher Tierney 

O'Donnell                Robertson 

Jack              McTominay 

Fraser

Adams

Best line up out the squad? 

You'd hope we'd go with 11 rather than 10 players

Fleck and McLean are the backups to Jack and McGregor. Given the absence of other options at CM (McTominay isn't playing there, McGinn plays one further forward) I think they're locks to go to the Euros.

26 in that squad right? If you're cutting it to 23, then the three most obvious candidates to get cut are:

1 of Adams/Dykes/McBurnie (will likely be McBurnie)

1 of Considine/Hendry/Hanley (likely Hendry)

1 of Christie/Fraser/Nisbet (almost certainly Nisbet)

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Marshall

Henry Gallagher Tierney 

O'Donnell                Robertson 

Jack              McTominay 

Fraser

Adams

Best line up out the squad? 

Controversially, I would add John McGinn and play with 11. I'd also have every other centre back in the squad ahead of Hendry.

This goes for most of the debates tbh, other than maybe backup RWB. Turnbull, Shankland, Kelly, Kerr, Rhodes, Feruz would have got about 30 minutes combined over the three games.

Gallagher/Hanley and two of Adams/Dykes/Christie/Fraser are the big decisions for the Austria game. Right now I'd opt for Gallagher and Adams+Dykes.
Feruz

26 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

Are we just going to continue capping the likes of  Palmer, O’Donnell and Andy Considine despite already knowing they are crap and we have been lucky to get away with them so far? Am I missing something here?  The games after Serbia were a wake up call.

The games after Serbia were two of our best performances under Clarke.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Controversially, I would add John McGinn and play with 11. I'd also have every other centre back in the squad ahead of Hendry.

And a couple not in the squad tbf

It is actually quite nice to see scotland have some decent options off the bench now.

Marshal

SOD - McTominay - Gallagher - Tierney - Robertson

McGinn - Jack - Armstrong

Dykes - Adams

Anything else is wrong.

Slovakia yes, Israel no. The latter wasn't the complete disaster we've seen in other recent away games but it was a below par performance.

I guess this also confirms none of Patterson, Gauld, or Turnbull are making the Euros too?

Hendry has all the tools to be a good defender, as he's shown at Dundee and Oostende (and briefly at Thistle), however on both occasions where he's made a step up to a higher pressure environment (Wigan and Celtic), he has really struggled. He compeltely cracked under the pressure at Celtic and didn't seem to be able to handle it at all. I'd therefore be worried about him playing in big games for Scotland for the same reason, even if he has played reasonably well in his previous caps in friendlies.

I would personally have waited until he got the big move that it seems he might get in the summer, and looked at how he responded to that. However, we're also short of centre-backs, and even more short of ones who can play a bit, so you can understand Clarke wanting to have a look.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Slovakia yes, Israel no. The latter wasn't the complete disaster we've seen in other recent away games but it was a below par performance.

I thought we were fine in Israel - Marciano made a couple of very important early saves, and we generally looked like we were starting to get used to the system and how it worked.

I guess this also confirms none of Patterson, Gauld, or Turnbull are making the Euros too?
I could be wrong but I think Clarke said as much recently; that it was up to players in this squad to stake a claim for a spot.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I could be wrong but I think Clarke said as much recently; that it was up to players in this squad to stake a claim for a spot.

Yeah this feels very much like a squad chosen based on previous performance + seasonal performance, rather than current form, which would explain Nisbet over Shankland. 

Straight shoot out between those on the fringes in terms of who makes it and who doesn't. Would guess it'll be really hard for anyone out of this squad to get in now, except anyone who's injured that I've forgotten about.

Somebody not taking Adams call up well on updated Wikipedia

After three seasons with Birmingham, he moved to Southampton in 2019. He is rumoured to be best mates with William Wallace and on numerous occasions revived numerous blow jobs from King Edward I of England.

Adams can sing along to GSTQ at Wembley if he wants, if he scores the winner i'm not arsed. 

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Somebody not taking Adams call up well on updated Wikipedia emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

After three seasons with Birmingham, he moved to Southampton in 2019. He is rumoured to be best mates with William Wallace and on numerous occasions revived numerous blow jobs from King Edward I of England.

Our "friends and southern neighbours" have been absolutely seething on twitter over the news.  Falling over eachother to say how not bothered they are...  I love him already.