Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

26 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

Are we just going to continue capping the likes of  Palmer, O’Donnell and Andy Considine despite already knowing they are crap and we have been lucky to get away with them so far? Am I missing something here?  The games after Serbia were a wake up call.

The games after Serbia were two of our best performances under Clarke.

Marshal

SOD - McTominay - Gallagher - Tierney - Robertson

McGinn - Jack - Armstrong

Dykes - Adams

Anything else is wrong.

Slovakia yes, Israel no. The latter wasn't the complete disaster we've seen in other recent away games but it was a below par performance.

Hendry has all the tools to be a good defender, as he's shown at Dundee and Oostende (and briefly at Thistle), however on both occasions where he's made a step up to a higher pressure environment (Wigan and Celtic), he has really struggled. He compeltely cracked under the pressure at Celtic and didn't seem to be able to handle it at all. I'd therefore be worried about him playing in big games for Scotland for the same reason, even if he has played reasonably well in his previous caps in friendlies.

I would personally have waited until he got the big move that it seems he might get in the summer, and looked at how he responded to that. However, we're also short of centre-backs, and even more short of ones who can play a bit, so you can understand Clarke wanting to have a look.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Slovakia yes, Israel no. The latter wasn't the complete disaster we've seen in other recent away games but it was a below par performance.

I thought we were fine in Israel - Marciano made a couple of very important early saves, and we generally looked like we were starting to get used to the system and how it worked.

I guess this also confirms none of Patterson, Gauld, or Turnbull are making the Euros too?
I could be wrong but I think Clarke said as much recently; that it was up to players in this squad to stake a claim for a spot.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I could be wrong but I think Clarke said as much recently; that it was up to players in this squad to stake a claim for a spot.

Yeah this feels very much like a squad chosen based on previous performance + seasonal performance, rather than current form, which would explain Nisbet over Shankland. 

Straight shoot out between those on the fringes in terms of who makes it and who doesn't. Would guess it'll be really hard for anyone out of this squad to get in now, except anyone who's injured that I've forgotten about.

Somebody not taking Adams call up well on updated Wikipedia [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

After three seasons with Birmingham, he moved to Southampton in 2019. He is rumoured to be best mates with William Wallace and on numerous occasions revived numerous blow jobs from King Edward I of England.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Somebody not taking Adams call up well on updated Wikipedia emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

After three seasons with Birmingham, he moved to Southampton in 2019. He is rumoured to be best mates with William Wallace and on numerous occasions revived numerous blow jobs from King Edward I of England.

Our "friends and southern neighbours" have been absolutely seething on twitter over the news.  Falling over eachother to say how not bothered they are...  I love him already.

1 minute ago, central staggie said:

Can someone inform me why Fleck is in that squad? Have I missed a rapid upturn in his form?

Can't really complain otherwise. 

I think he might be injured as I remember Sky talking about it a few games back when he was missing for Sheffield Utd. 

I can't recall ever seeing Adams play (I will be honest and admit that I didnt even know what he looked like until 5 minutes ago)  Is he actually good?  If so, I am pleased that Clarke has reached out as up front our choices are woeful at present. 

I really hope that omission will stir up Griffiths - surely now the league has gone he will get more opportunities - bang in 5 or 6 goals and he can make a decent claim for the Euros squad

I can't recall ever seeing Adams play (I will be honest and admit that I didnt even know what he looked like until 5 minutes ago)  Is he actually good?  If so, I am pleased that Clarke has reached out as up front our choices are woeful at present. 
I really hope that omission will stir up Griffiths - surely now the league has gone he will get more opportunities - bang in 5 or 6 goals and he can make a decent claim for the Euros squad

Yes, I think he's decent, watched him a few times on the box...he's fast and powerful..

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Griffiths is a fat, lazy, waster and has next to no chance of making the Euro squad because of that.

He'll be more interested in the bookies this Summer.