Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

Jack is a key player.

Considine was a pity call up who somehow has remained despite turning 34 before the Euros.

What benefit does he provide over McIntyre?

Hard to know why Greg Taylor continues to get a call-up. If Robertson gets injured or is rested, Tierney goes to LWB surely and we bring in a different centre back? As happened in Slovakia.

Possibly planning to play him against the Faroes, but it seems like a bit of a waste of a squad spot.

Turnbull is about the only player you can say is a bit hard done to, but I don’t think Clarke would trust him in his sitting midfield two (McTominay/McGregor/Jack/McLean/Fleck already there) and we have McGinn/Armstrong/Christie fighting it out for the place behind the strikers. Such is life.

Just now, Fratelli said:

Aye Ryan Jack was superb in Serbia. Suspect McTominay might take his place but he's definitely worthy of being in the squad.

If McTominay is taking anyone's place in the midfield it should be McGregor's. Jack has been much better for Scotland, offers more defensively and is in much better form. As it is, I expect him to pick McTominay in the back three again.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Hard to know why Greg Taylor continues to get a call-up. If Robertson gets injured or is rested, Tierney goes to LWB surely and we bring in a different centre back? As happened in Slovakia.

Possibly planning to play him against the Faroes, but it seems like a bit of a waste of a squad spot.

Turnbull is about the only player you can say is a bit hard done to, but I don’t think Clarke would trust him in his sitting midfield two (McTominay/McGregor/Jack/McLean/Fleck already there) and we have McGinn/Armstrong/Christie fighting it out for the place behind the strikers. Such is life.

The centre-backs are all, let's face it, fairly shite, so it's worth having an option to keep Tierney there and have someone else play wing-back if Robertson misses a game (and I think he probably will only play two of them).

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Hard to know why Greg Taylor continues to get a call-up. 

Same reason Findlay/Brophy got capped and O'Donnell is undroppable...

Confirmation that McBurnie is undroppable then. Adams coming in gave me hope that he'd be chucked, but that confirms a place in the Euros squad will be wasted on him.

Barring Hendry playing and doing well over these games, you'd expect neither him or Considine will make it in the summer with Cooper replacing them. Can conclude that Cooper and Forrest are the only players not there who could make a 23.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Confirmation that McBurnie is undroppable then. Adams coming in gave me hope that he'd be chucked, but that confirms a place in the Euros squad will be wasted on him.

Barring Hendry playing and doing well over these games, you'd expect neither him or Considine will make it in the summer with Cooper replacing them. Can conclude that Cooper and Forrest are the only players not there who could make a 23.

I think that's probably right. 

I like Clarke and will always be grateful to him for qualifying.

But I think he fucked it with the two games after that, which could have left us four games from qualifying for three tournaments in a row. And I also think he's a bit over-conservative with his selections.

He's still the best manager we've had in a long time though and has done a good job.

Why not call up someone like Shankland again instead of McBurnie?  The latter has proved he can't be trusted to do anything for club or country.  it's a complete waste of a selection having him there.

Nisbet making it is a surprise, Shankland is playing better than he is at the moment, and Griffiths is just a better player in general.

Shame for Turnbull, but as has already been said, he'd be competing with Armstrong/McGinn/Christie for the attacking mid role and he's not as good as those 3.

Happy to see Adams there, and Liam Kelly can feel a little hard done by.

Hanley & Hendry coming in makes it interesting, has Clarke realised that McTominay looks phenomenal in midfield at the moment as is looking at every option to get him in there?

Not that i'm saying it necessarily justifies a place in the squad , but i get the feeling McBurnie is quite an important/popular member of the group. Not that he's there solely for morale purposes but i think it's maybe Clarke trying to build his solid group, to give it a club feel etc. There's also the fact that as shite as he is, we don't have that many options regardless.

Edited by Fratelli

5 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

The Kilmarnock Mafia still reignign supreme over SFA!!! 😡

disgrace!! 😡 😡

Not really. It's just players Clarke trusts.

Bit weird how desperate you are to make my posts some conspiracy tbh. I'd have McIntyre ahead of Considine, and Shankland ahead of Nisbet, but I'm not sure I'd change much else.

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Patterson is still quite raw, give him another 20 games and he'll be in there. Turnbull plays in the same spot as McGinn and Armstrong, and he simply isn't as good as they are (plus he needs to drastically improve his decision making, he shoots way too much).

"My Team : St.Johnstone"

Would rather have Patterson over O'Donnell and Turnbull over Taylor. 

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Not that i'm saying it necessarily justifies a place in the squad , but i get the feeling McBurnie is quite an important/popular member of the group. Not that he's there solely for morale purposes but i think it's maybe Clarke trying to build his solid group, to give it a club feel etc.

Then he should be given a free transfer to heck!