Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

4 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Open your eyess then champ, because 3 people in the last 2 pages have mentioned his alleged goalscoring ability. 

Oli McBurnie and Oli Burke. McBurnie was signed by a Premier League team last season who ended up finishing higher in the league than Southampton, so your newly promoted pish means absolutely f**k all. 

If you don’t think Adams is an upgrade on them you are a genuine idiot.

Both McBurnie and Burke have horrifically failed in the Premiership. 

Seven goals and five assists in 28 games is an excellent return at that level. Three of those games appearing as a sub for a short time.

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

You're such an annoying wee sanctimonious bellend. Stop trying to police opinions on a forum, and attribute personality flaws to posters you dont agree with you absolute child. 

Not sure the guy who continually gets himself binned from an online football forum is in a position to call others a child. You could've just said "no". 

Massive upgrade on what we have, which just shows how poor our striking options are. It’s just as well we have extremely good options in midfield or we’d be absolutely fucked. Che Adams, with decent link up with guys like Christie, Fraser, McGinn etc will do just fine. Yes, we would all love a Jock Haaland, but we have to make this work with what we have, which is still ideal compared to Scotland squads of previous World Cup qualifications.

11 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I see you still haven't got those eyeballs working then. Already said he's better than our current options.

McBurnie scored more goals than Adams did last season btw. Good to know that half of Adams Southampton career has been a "horrific failure" then. 🙃

Excellent return is generous.  Its about a similar record to Steven Fletcher's years in the EPL. 

It’s called improving as opposed to regressing horrifically and not remotely looking like a footballer player. 

It is excellent in comparison to any striker we have had anytime recently.

Again, he isn’t some kind of goal scoring hero but an average premiership player is miles above our other options. Plus, he’s 24 and plenty of improvement in him.

Edited by No_Problemo

I agree that he will now be the best striker we have. 

But I don't agree with the sentiment on the thread that getting him to commit this a massive gamechanger for the prospects of this side. 
Don't think anyone is saying he's a Haaland or Lewondowski or anything but he's a great option to have in an area we are very sparse in.

2 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

But he isn't scoring. I don't know where people are getting this idea from. 7 goals this season, 4 last season. From 58 games total. He is not a prolific player. 

He's better than what we currently have, but he's still quite average. 

Seriously.......
Unless I am mistaken he has scored 3 goals in Southamptons last 3 games 🤷‍♂️
That will do for me v other alternatives. McBurnie 1 goal in 21 games this season. 
No one is saying he is Messi 

Very disappointed to see no Gauld. Also a small squad for three games imo.

Oh well, some good players in there, and glad to see Hendry and Adams called up.

Edited to add

Just noticed no Turnbull either, which is pretty disappointing. You would think he'd done enough. 

Edited by HalfCutNinja