Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

Happy with the squad.
Re Turnbull & Gauld, it's quite nice that we can afford to resist the temptation to call up these players. Almost like we're not totally shite anymore.

P.S. I would have called up Turnbull, but either way his time will come and pretty soon.

was really excited when i saw the squad  being named and even more so when i saw we had Che Adams in the squad. Then my elation was severely dampened when I saw this useless piece of pish has been selected as well.   Oli McBurnie (Sheffield United)

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

You are missing something. 

I don’t actually think he has played that well for Motherwell this season although he has been a lot better the last few games.
But in his defence people like u keeping stating he is shite, when he has actually turned in decent performances for Scotland last few games 🤔

He is shite though isn’t he?  But he’s done alright so it would be a sin to drop him now! 

Happy with the squad.
Re Turnbull & Gauld, it's quite nice that we can afford to resist the temptation to call up these players. Almost like we're not totally shite anymore.

P.S. I would have called up Turnbull, but either way his time will come and pretty soon.
Me tae.
Over the moon with the boy che

Fairly content with the squad. Clarke is a loyal manager and remaining loyal to those who got us to the Euros.

Only David Turnbull can really feel aggrieved at missing out, Shankland and Nisbet really is see how Nisbet trains.

With McTominay likely to be in midfield then bringing in Hanley and Hendry is a no brainer to try to fill that RCB role and see if either can nail it down.

Delighted to welcome on board our new Lord and saviour Che Adams! Even more so given the rage from English folk.

Have to say Leigh Griffiths looks very much in the international wilderness now and could do with seeing how Jack Hendry has worked his way back into the squad - get out of warming the bench at Celtic and go play more football.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Why wouldn't Fleck be in the squad? He's been in most squads recently and has generally been fine when he has played.

Hasn't Shankland been in most of the recent squads?

Just a personal opinion, but I don't think Fleck has done much at all for a while when he's played for Scotland. 

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

This goes for most of the debates tbh, other than maybe backup RWB. Turnbull, Shankland, Kelly, Kerr, Rhodes, Feruz would have got about 30 minutes combined over the three games.

Gallagher/Hanley and two of Adams/Dykes/Christie/Fraser are the big decisions for the Austria game. Right now I'd opt for Gallagher and Adams+Dykes.

I am being whooshed, amn't I?

Feruz hasn't even been a registered footballer for over 2 years and hasn't played a competitive match since May 2017. He was a striker who literally never scored a senior goal in his entire career.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5537510/celtic-islam-feruz-chelsea-hats-caps-tajiri/

I am being whooshed, amn't I?
Feruz hasn't even been a registered footballer for over 2 years and hasn't played a competitive match since May 2017. He was a striker who literally never scored a senior goal in his entire career.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5537510/celtic-islam-feruz-chelsea-hats-caps-tajiri/
One for the future

Yeah agreed, Feruz clearly has a massive future ahead of him, one of our most promising youngsters and this is the perfect opportunity to get him in and around the squad. Brings much more than goals to the team, has that energy and drive. Bizarre that some people would question his involvement in this squad.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If Clarke is shifting McTominay in to midfield, could that be an indication of a change in formation? A la dropping the 5 at the back to a 4?

I'm surprised that Clarke is looking at changing a winning formula, particularly when getting to the knockout stages in the summer is a case of beating the Czechs and grinding out a point in one of the other two games.

I also sincerely hope that he's not treating the upcoming matches as an experiment to figure out the best formation for the summer. They're very important fixtures in their own right because, whilst the Danes are the favourites for the group on paper, I don't think there's a huge gap in quality between the top three so it's not only vital that we don't slip up, but goal difference could also be crucial.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If Clarke is shifting McTominay in to midfield, could that be an indication of a change in formation? A la dropping the 5 at the back to a 4?

Can't see it.  He'll want Tierney in and that needs a back 3 or to drop Robertson.  I think he'll likely try Hendry or more likely Hanley at RCB.