Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

32 minutes ago, G51 said:

Jack looks as if he's going to be back in training next week, so all going well he should be okay.

Barry Douglas is starting games in the  championship and is pound for pound a better left back than Taylor at this moment in time

Lad in Italy hasn't even had a under 21 cap yet

If MacKenna is injured it's perfect time to bring Caulker in about the squad and get a look at him

If Forrest is injured Dembele might be worth a look at and nationalise him the lad at Peterborough that grew up in Govan 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Kelly, Turnbull and (at a very, very, very big stretch) maybe Kerr and/or Rooney are the only uncapped players who could sneak in IMO. Fleck, Fraser and Hanley could, and in the latter two's case should, come back into the squad.

I would say that him saying there might be a surprise or two in this squad suggests that there will be, but I could be wrong about all of this.

But you forgot the St. Johnstone factor

19 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Barry Douglas is starting games in the  championship and is pound for pound a better left back than Taylor at this moment in time

Lad in Italy hasn't even had a under 21 cap yet

If MacKenna is injured it's perfect time to bring Caulker in about the squad and get a look at him

If Forrest is injured Dembele might be worth a look at and nationalise him the lad at Peterborough that grew up in Govan 

I think this post encapsulates the horror show this forum is.

Can't even remember the name of an 18 year old £1.5 million pound left back who is playing in Serie A and says he shouldn't be called up as he hasn't had an U21 cap yet. In the same breath, advocates calling up a 24 year old Ivorian born English League 1 winger who hasn't seen an U21 cap either, for any of the countries he's able to represent. 

We should also definitely look at a 29 year old ex-England U21 cap because he's playing every week in Turkey. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I think this post encapsulates the horror show this forum is.

Can't even remember the name of an 18 year old £1.5 million pound left back who is playing in Serie A and says he shouldn't be called up as he hasn't had an U21 cap yet. In the same breath, advocates calling up a 24 year old Ivorian born English League 1 winger who hasn't seen an U21 cap either, for any of the countries he's able to represent. 

We should also definitely look at a 29 year old ex-England U21 cap because he's playing every week in Turkey. 

I never said Hickey shouldn't be called up

Difference is that I don't think he will be when the pathway is usually u19 u21 to the first team

Dembele would probably be playing in the EPL or for Rangers and Celtic right now if there chairman let him move 

Brentford wanted him to were wanting to link.him up with Ivan Toney again

29 year old is actually a great age for a center half he has just hit the peak years Caulker is exactly what Scotland need

Power and pace can pass out from the back great in the air can read the game couldn't care less that he played for England on a friendly 

Scotland need players now better options to add to the depth in our pool 

Dembele brings electric pace to something we don't have even Matt Phillips is struggling for games at WBA

21 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Blackburn are my English team and Douglas has been a disappointment. He's only played often because the other left back Bell is utter toilet. And even at that Bell's started ahead of him a few times including the last game. He should be nowhere near the Scotland squad as at this moment in time he is not a pound for pound better left back than 3rd choice Greg Taylor.

Edited by C. Muir

13 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Blackburn are my English team and Douglas has been a disappointment. He's only played often because the other left back Bell is utter toilet. And even at that Bell's started ahead of him a few times including the last game. He should be nowhere near the Scotland squad as at this moment in time he is not a pound for pound better left back than 3rd choice Greg Taylor.

Same Douglas that won the championship with Leeds Utd and Wolves aye?

Pretty safe to say that he is Blackburn Rovers number one first choice full back 

Scotland need that kind of experience as back up to Tierney and Robertson 

I like Hickey to but he is still a youngster hasn't even played any U21 football yet not even sure if he has any u19 football either

41 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I never said Hickey shouldn't be called up

Difference is that I don't think he will be when the pathway is usually u19 u21 to the first team

Dembele would probably be playing in the EPL or for Rangers and Celtic right now if there chairman let him move 

Brentford wanted him to were wanting to link.him up with Ivan Toney again

29 year old is actually a great age for a center half he has just hit the peak years Caulker is exactly what Scotland need

Power and pace can pass out from the back great in the air can read the game couldn't care less that he played for England on a friendly 

Scotland need players now better options to add to the depth in our pool 

Dembele brings electric pace to something we don't have even Matt Phillips is struggling for games at WBA

Doubling down on a shitpost is yet another terrific encapsulation of this section of the forum. Well done.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Doubling down on a shitpost is yet another terrific encapsulation of this section of the forum. Well done.

Just explaining to you why he is still at Peterborough cos your to ignorant about said player 

Dembele is a class act and he will be in many Scotland squads to come wait and see

Getting him in now as a impact sub with the pace to turn a game on its head is a no brainer especially with Forrest out 

Name one better choice with the same kind of pace ready to go that can replace him currently playing every week?

Come on Mr Answers give me a good laugh

5 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Just explaining to you why he is still at Peterborough cos your to ignorant about said player 

Dembele is a class act and he will be in many Scotland squads to come wait and see

Getting him in now as a impact sub with the pace to turn a game on its head is a no brainer especially with Forrest out 

Name one better choice with the same kind of pace ready to go that can replace him currently playing every week?

Come on Mr Answers give me a good laugh

Forrest hasn't been in a squad in about 14 months, he's already been replaced. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Forrest hasn't been in a squad in about 14 months, he's already been replaced. 

Forrest is injured he will be coming back in when he is fit and the players your saying gave replaced him have been in squads with each and every one of them before

So you haven't any other alternative replacement as good or as pacey as Dembele who can come into the squad I thought not 

Only others are Adams and Grant and they don't want to play for Scotland 

20 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Same Douglas that won the championship with Leeds Utd and Wolves aye?

Pretty safe to say that he is Blackburn Rovers number one first choice full back 

Scotland need that kind of experience as back up to Tierney and Robertson 

I like Hickey to but he is still a youngster hasn't even played any U21 football yet not even sure if he has any u19 football either

Yes the same Douglas. 

I didn't say he wasn't first choice. I did say it's not much to shout about because the other left backs awful, and that the other left backs started over Douglas a few times.. 

I'm not saying he isn't a capable player, he just isn't performing at this moment in time, so shouldn't be in the national team. 

14 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

I would be willing to bet right now that dembele never gets near a Scotland squad

How much do you want to bet and were do I find you to collect?

Can I ask you why do you think that when if you had actually watched him and the link up and interplay with Ivan Toney was a joy to be hold 

Dembele can drop and shoulder twist and turn players inside out at will

Can stop and start and pull away rapidly like the great Stanley Matthews used to do

Your words will be eaten 

Only reason he wouldn't be near a Scotland team is if Ivory Coast took him instead knowing Scotland misding out on players that might happen 

But to say he isn't good enough to be near the Scotland squad is quite frankly ridiculous 

Peaple saying he is very similar to Zaha respected people in the game Clarke has sent his scouts to watch him 

16 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

It must be quite some time since someone uttered words to the effect of 'he's the next Stanley Matthews...'

giphy.gif

I never said he was the next Matthews said he does the things he was famous for

And that he has been been compared to Zaha 

I am pretty sure Zaha would play for us if he was Scottish if Dembele at 24 is anywhere near as good as him we will take him

I would take him if he is as good as Anya as well we waited far to long to get him into the squad to

And when he did come in he did quite well for a few games against top teams like Croatia 

All that I am saying is give him his chance if he wants to play for us we could use him

When Forrest and Fraser are out the team we miss the pace only other guy is Burke really who has any

Huddersfield and Barnsley offered him deals in the championship but a injury curtailed it when he was on trial 

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I never said he was the next Matthews said he does the things he was famous for

And that he has been been compared to Zaha 

I am pretty sure Zaha would play for us if he was Scottish if Dembele at 24 is anywhere near as good as him we will take him

I would take him if he is as good as Anya as well we waited far to long to get him into the squad to

And when he did come in he did quite well for a few games against top teams like Croatia 

All that I am saying is give him his chance if he wants to play for us we could use him

When Forrest and Fraser are out the team we miss the pace only other guy is Burke really who has any

Huddersfield and Barnsley offered him deals in the championship but a injury curtailed it when he was on trial 

I would take the older dembele in a heart beat tbh.

He is absolutely the kind of player we need. He young as well, and improving all the time. He's a much better player than Burke, who walks into our squad currently.

I cant understand why anyone wouldn't want him.

On 06/03/2021 at 14:19, accies1874 said:

McKenna's back training for Forest but is apparently still a couple of weeks away from playing. Don't think he'll be in the squad.

He came on as a sub today, but it's still probably too soon for him to be in the international squad.