Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The young lad Ross Callaghan worth a look? 7 league goals from midfield seems to make you world class these days.

He’s Scotland’s answer to Bruno Fernandes imo and should certainly be in with a shout of for the next squad.

Perhaps it's just my memory but I don't really remember these "worst performances in a Scotland shirt" from Grant Hanley. Even if this did happen, we play a different system now which he might be more suited to. He's playing well and at a decent level, he's absolutely in with a shout here.

Perhaps it's just my memory but I don't really remember these "worst performances in a Scotland shirt" from Grant Hanley. Even if this did happen, we play a different system now which he might be more suited to. He's playing well and at a decent level, he's absolutely in with a shout here.
Totally. I've said on here recently that he was an important part of the mini revival under Strachan. Yes he then had a rough run of games when he wasn't playing regularly for his club side. Yet some people only want to remember the latter phase.

The issue for me is if he is used as a replacement for mctominay (which i dont think be will be).

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Totally. I've said on here recently that he was an important part of the mini revival under Strachan. Yes he then had a rough run of games when he wasn't playing regularly for his club side. Yet some people only want to remember the latter phase.

I think you guys must have some memory blanks. He was only young at that time, and I'm not having a go at the guy. I think he deserves to be in the squad also.

But there was moments in those early games with Martin where it was as if he had never seen a football before.

There was some good points as well, he was young and just learning at that level. But he was way out of his depth at times. And an absolute liability.

Im certainly not writing him off, its not like we have the players to do so.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If he played for a third tier Greek side these same goons would be "jerking off" over him.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

If he played for a third tier Greek side these same goons would be "jerking off" over him.

Scotland take the ball out from the back and pass it

Any error the center backs need pace to get out of jail

Two attributes Grant Hanley hasn't got so it's a big Naw from me we got far superior options around than him just now

5 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I think you guys must have some memory blanks. He was only young at that time, and I'm not having a go at the guy. I think he deserves to be in the squad also.

But there was moments in those early games with Martin where it was as if he had never seen a football before.

There was some good points as well, he was young and just learning at that level. But he was way out of his depth at times. And an absolute liability.

Im certainly not writing him off, its not like we have the players to do so.

Completely agree Bing.   

He actually reminds me a bit of Shane Duffy with poorer distribution.   I used to be so worried at games with his decision making and passing ( to opponents ).   

To be fair to him I haven't seen him play since Norwich played Liverpool (about 2 years ago) and he was absolutely horrific, albeit against a fantastic Liverpool front three.  

For all the good that Steve Clarke has done I genuinely don't understand the trust he places in guys like Patterson, Burke and McBurnie, and probably Hanley.  

I thought Hanley was finally going to be a centre half who would stick it in the Premiership down South for years when he first broke through at Blackburn. We haven't had a player at that level since Weir (please don't mention the Caldwell brothers) and it's showed. Maybe Cooper is this player. Maybe.

But unfortunately Hanley is full of bombscare tendencies. He's just always got an error in him and probably always will.

The problem is that this doesn't rule him out because pretty much all our defenders have this issue hence the employment of a left back and midfielder in the back 3.

He still only needs to be better than Gallagher, McKenna and the rest to be a fixture though.

Scotland take the ball out from the back and pass it
Any error the center backs need pace to get out of jail
Two attributes Grant Hanley hasn't got so it's a big Naw from me we got far superior options around than him just now

Declan Gallagher doesn't possess any of those qualities either. That central role is more for an old-school stopper, and Hanley could easily do it.

12 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

He actually reminds me a bit of Shane Duffy with poorer distribution.   I used to be so worried at games with his decision making and passing ( to opponents ).   

They were a centre half pairing at Blackburn so you could imagine what that was like to watch!

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Declan Gallagher doesn't possess any of those qualities either. That central role is more for an old-school stopper, and Hanley could easily do it.

Declan Gallagher keeps the ball at this level though his passing is a lot better than Hanley and he is far superior in the air which is why he plays 

Big Gallagher is underated and would walk into your poor Killie team quite easily 

Should find himself down south next year anyway been few teams looking at him Sheff Utd QPR and a few others

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hes miles better than Declan Gallagher