Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

Off the top off my head I hope Tierney and Gallagher are fit ( again )                      along with everyone else

I hope , and , we might see Hanley and Hendry in the squad

I suppose Turnbull might be in along with the usual

My 29 man squad, vying for the 23 Euro 2020 places:

Marshall
Gordon
McLaughlin

---------
Cooper
McKenna
Hanley
Gallagher

Tierney
Robertson

O'Donnell
Palmer
Hickey (clearly going to be involved sooner or later so if covid restrictions allow, why not bed him in now, cap him Vs Faroes at least?)

---------
McGregor
McTominay
Jack
McLean
Gilmour - I know he's not playing regularly for Chelsea, but that'll come, and while I don't think he'll make the euro cut, it makes loads of sense - like Hickey - to get him involved now.

McGinn
Armstrong
Forrest
Turnbull
Christie
Fraser

No Gauld because of covid travel restrictions
No Fleck because of the attacking midfielders listed above, he's probably the weakest, and 6 is plenty.

---------
Dykes
McBurnie - really tempted to leave him out but there really are hardly any obviously better candidates
Burke
Griffiths - entering last chance saloon territory tho
Nisbett & Shankland - call them both up and gauge who's closest in terms of international capability for the way Scotland play.

McBurnie and Burke had plenty chances. Both are fucking garbage, yet the striking options are that bad they’ll probably have to be called up. Nisbet and Dykes are nailed on, you’d imagine. Shankland is nowhere near good enough, but again, there is literally 0 other options. I’d hope Clarke plays either/both Dykes and Nisbet and the rest are just emergency options.

Yeah Hickey has been an unused sub in nearly all of Bologna’s recent games. Not sure when Mckenna is back from injury but he seemed to be doing well for Forest when he was playing.
McKenna is not out of favour I'm pretty sure. He was their captain very recently and getting great reviews so I expect it's injury.

McBurnie and Burke had plenty chances. Both are fucking garbage, yet the striking options are that bad they’ll probably have to be called up. Nisbet and Dykes are nailed on, you’d imagine. Shankland is nowhere near good enough, but again, there is literally 0 other options. I’d hope Clarke plays either/both Dykes and Nisbet and the rest are just emergency options.
Just because someone used to play for the team you support, it doesn't mean they're nailed on.

Just because someone used to play for the team you support, it doesn't mean they're nailed on.

He’s the top (Scottish) goalscorer in the league. What has him playing for Dunfermline got to do with it? He has been consistently one of the best strikers in the league, and he is Scottish.

22 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He’s the top (Scottish) goalscorer in the league. What has him playing for Dunfermline got to do with it? He has been consistently one of the best strikers in the league, and he is Scottish.

He wasn’t called up earlier in the season when he was in good form. He isn’t even starting at the moment so there’s nothing nailed on about it.

I just thought it was a funny response tbh.

Nisbet might get in the squad (he'd need to actually get a game for Hibs first though) but to suggest he's nailed on when he's a) not playing for his club, b) never been in a Scotland squad before, is pretty absurd. I'm not actually sure if any of our strikers from last time will drop out to make room for him. Paterson's a donkey but Clarke seems to like chucking him on in one game then remembering that that's a dreadful idea.