Dundee FC vs Queen of the South (20/02/21)

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

He has been fantastic at right back. 

A lovely goal from him too.

A great finish but horrible defending. They back off then actually part to allow him space to run in to to shoot.

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Indeed. 71 league appearances in that spell, according to soccerbase. And it's not like he was ever scared to take a shot, either.

I dont remember him shooting much back then. Indeed in the early years he very obviously had lots of talent but regularly criticised for lack of end product.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A great finish but horrible defending. They back off then actually part to allow him space to run in to to shoot.

I don’t think you can even call it defending.  You would be raging if that happened playing in the amateur league.  

Still, it is a lovely strike. 

Just now, qos_75 said:

I don’t think you can even call it defending.  You would be raging if that happened playing in the amateur league.  

Still, it is a lovely strike. 

That sort of defending always annoys me. Seen it a few times in our games this season and it's cost us.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I dont remember him shooting much back then. Indeed in the early years he very obviously had lots of talent but regularly criticised for lack of end product.

It was my early teenage years, so possibly a few games skewed my memory of him in that spell. A game at Hamilton is one that sticks in the mind where he was everywhere and had a couple of decent efforts, one hitting the bar.

If Wullie isn't our POTY I'll eat my eponymous hat.  And a mention for Jones as well, he was everywhere too, did a fair bit of serious defending, although was it him that lost Marshall for the goal?  Jones looks like a great signing, flair and style not seen very often at our level.

21 minutes ago, oldhat said:

If Wullie isn't our POTY I'll eat my eponymous hat.  And a mention for Jones as well, he was everywhere too, did a fair bit of serious defending, although was it him that lost Marshall for the goal?  Jones looks like a great signing, flair and style not seen very often at our level.

It was, he just got the wrong side of Marshall. A bad mistake from a defender but something it would be pretty harsh to criticise a winger for.

I think Breen also deserves a mention. Thats the first game in the 5 he has played that we've conceded more than one goal. 

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

A bad mistake from a defender but something it would be pretty harsh to criticise a winger for.

Yeah, I wasn't criticising him, just mentioned it.  Breen was good.  Was it him that got hit in the bitextras during the non-goal incident?

Fair play Queens. You won me some money midweek and deserved to win today. 

We’re such a Jekyll and Hyde team it’s unbelievable. No playoffs and McPake must go. (He should go anyway but probably won’t). 

No getting the criticism of the commentary, thought they were almost impartial and the camera work was excellent. The result has maybe coloured my judgement tho’.
I thought the commentator was the best commentator of the game that I've heard. By that I mean you could have listened to him with your eyes closed and have a good idea of what was going on. The co-commentator was different. I expect his dog received a kick up the arse tonight. Very biased and close to blowing his top on occasion.

Agree with the camera. I thought today's was as good as anything else in the league. The replays were a bit hit or miss on what they chose to show but some is still better than none at all.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought the commentator was the best commentator of the game that I've heard. By that I mean you could have listened to him with your eyes closed and have a good idea of what was going on. The co-commentator was different. I expect his dog received a kick up the arse tonight. Very biased and close to blowing his top on occasion.

Agree with the camera. I thought today's was as good as anything else in the league. The replays were a bit hit or miss on what they chose to show but some is still better than none at all.

Agreed, commentator was good and reasonably impartial but his pal Ethan was the complete opposite.

22 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Agreed, commentator was good and reasonably impartial but his pal Ethan was the complete opposite.

Having a partisan voice on the commentary  isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It makes it all the sweeter when you get a result. 

2 hours ago, oldhat said:

Yeah, I wasn't criticising him, just mentioned it.  Breen was good.  Was it him that got hit in the bitextras during the non-goal incident?

Sorry, I wasnt implying you were blaming him.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bar one, obviously?? Or two, in fact?

There wasnt anything wrong with the coverage overall, far from it. As I said, I was just a little disappointed given a) Dundee have been doing this for a long time and b ) they're charging more than most clubs. I guess I was just expecting more

Bar one, obviously?? Or two, in fact?
There wasnt anything wrong with the coverage overall, far from it. As I said, I was just a little disappointed given a) Dundee have been doing this for a long time and b ) they're charging more than most clubs. I guess I was just expecting more
I don't mean he was the best commentator, I just mean he was very good at telling us what was going on. Our commentary is very good but they have a decent blether about other things in between the game. The Dundee guy focussed almost exclusively on the action unless his highly sprung colleague made a comment.