Dundee FC vs Queen of the South (20/02/21)

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

If this scoreline remains as we enter stoppage time at the end of the game, I'll still be nervous.

This is a long, long way from being over.

You'd think our side would come out with a rocket fired up their backside. That goes against everything I've ever seen from James McPake's management though. It'll be a meek acceptance.

Charlie Adam miracle working or bust for us in the second half and he's looked well off it for the 3rd or 4th game in a row now.

Giving too many corners away,  not exactly as comfortable as the score suggests for me.  I hate to see the opposition given the freedom of their own half to build attacks. Luckily,  so far,  Dundee have been poor in front of goal. 

Agreed - we have conceded some cheap corners and with Adam’s delivery they are a threat. Maxwell has looked a bit uncomfortable. Long way to go as we all know but we have a lot to hold on to.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just imagine the half time boo if there were fans. Lower mood than last season's home match vs QoS, and I thought that result made McPake's position untenable. Lol.

Lack of fans will hurt a lot of teams this season. With no reaction from the stands, managers be given longer than they should. 

Pretty clear penalty. He tries to use his shoulder but Jones is too quick and the shoulder went into his back.
Aye there aren't any complaints from the Dee support. As I say, I was looking at the legs and obviously missed the shove.
Snap judgment but Maxwell's head doesn't look in it. Been megged, walked it out for a corner, and caught out of position multiple times.
Funny you say that, he's been our weakest performer for me. A couple of sloppy touches as well. The best one being him shielding it out for a GK before kicking it out for a corner. Not like him, hopefully he ups his game the second half.

Another really good showing from us so far. A draw would be a fair reflection of the half but I'll it. Our GK has had a few punches/catches but hasn't made a notable save and all Hamilton has done is pick the ball out the net twice and boot it in. A lot of dangerous crosses from Dundee but they've fortunately landed to us so far. Hopefully we keep it tight at the back and manage to nick another and I can relax a bit.

Special mentioned to (the often criticised by myself) East. That was a superb cross into the box for the second. More of that please.

Forgot to add - I want 2 more QoS goals if not just for the win but to hear the co-commentators meltdown. He's like a coiled spring. Complaining about Jones's poor sportsmanship after he's taken completely out the game ffs [emoji38]

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Forgot to add - I want 2 more QoS goals if not just for the win but to hear the co-commentators meltdown. He's like a coiled spring. Complaining about Jones's poor sportsmanship after he's taken completely out the game ffs emoji38.png

This.

I'm not sure there was anything deliberate in it but he was clearly taken out. 

Gary Holt & Tommy Wright - The two obvious candidates for the Dundee job have been snapped up. If we were to punt McPake it'd be another shitey decision like Charlie Adam or fucking Bobby Geddes given the job.

Morten Wieghorst or Temuri Ketsbaia. Get either in man, just give me some entertainment with our shitey appointments.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Holt & Tommy Wright - The two obvious candidates for the Dundee job have been snapped up. If we were to punt McPake it'd be another shitey decision like Charlie Adam or fucking Bobby Geddes given the job.

Morten Wieghorst or Temuri Ketsbaia. Get either in man, just give me some entertainment with our shitey appointments.

Stephen Robinson if he was interested?