Dundee FC vs Queen of the South (20/02/21)

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought the commentator was the best commentator of the game that I've heard. By that I mean you could have listened to him with your eyes closed and have a good idea of what was going on. The co-commentator was different. I expect his dog received a kick up the arse tonight. Very biased and close to blowing his top on occasion.

Agree with the camera. I thought today's was as good as anything else in the league. The replays were a bit hit or miss on what they chose to show but some is still better than none at all.

The co-commentator is our main/usual commentator bizarrely. The other guy just seemed to take over.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The co-commentator was different. I expect his dog received a kick up the arse tonight. Very biased and close to blowing his top on occasion.

Poor Ethan. You've been fortunate in that aspect then, as he's often been the only commentator. Clearly the club knew they needed someone who could do play-by-play and have him provide the colour.

Overall the stream was fine,  I wouldn't go as far as saying the best in the division.  I had to mute the commentary as it was echoing even though I tried several settings. That didn't really bother me too much, the way I look at it there's no commentary.anyway when you actually attend a match,  you just watch what's happening.  The only slight gripe is not zooming in a bit more when play was on the far side.   It was fine for the price. 

I thought the stream and commentary was fine.

I found it amusing when our third went in and the commentator said that was game over, the points were heading back to Dumfries ( or similar). I guarantee there wasn’t a Queens fan watching who was as confident, we’re quite capable of shipping late goals. And although we did win, that was a nerve shredding last 10 minutes....

13 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

I found it amusing when our third went in and the commentator said that was game over, the points were heading back to Dumfries ( or similar). I guarantee there wasn’t a Queens fan watching who was as confident, we’re quite capable of shipping late goals. And although we did win, that was a nerve shredding last 10 minutes....

Did we have a shot on target in those final 10 minutes? You defended and held on pretty well I thought.

It wouldn’t be queen of the south without any of that. Especially at dens park

My thoughts exactly we inevitably always make it a horrible watch in the closing stages and are more than capable of snatching a draw from the jaws of victory. Problem is that when you concede the territorial advantage the ball is constantly in your final third and it only takes a mistake or a ricochet. We have all seen that movie several times over the years but thankfully not yesterday!

Genuinely the only shit I remember watching Sow doing yesterday were those awful flick attempts. With Cummings in the team, and me pushing my 4-2-3-1 agenda, I don't see Sow as anything more than a back up.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Posted this in the Dundee thread, but posting it here to in case any QoS fans care. It's a transcript of McPake's post-match interview I mocked up:

'I'm angry, frustrated, probably like every Dundee fan right now but we lost that game in the first half. It's as poor a 45 minutes as I've been in charge. Really worrying. It takes to the half time break to get even a bit of a reaction. Disappointed, really poor. I'm not bothered about the improvement in the second half, because it shouldn't take that. Look, you can lose goals early in games, you can take blows, but it looked like that blow hit them and they couldn't get going. The basics, we couldn't get the basics right. It wasn't a case of not trying or not putting in the effort, they just couldn't do the basics of football.'

He's then asked can we take positives from Cummings scoring and getting minutes:

'It's too raw. I'm hurting. I'm not looking for positives at the minute. I thought Jason overall was decent but you can see he needs games. He's about the only one I can pick (as having a decent game).'

He's then asked about the disallowed goal:

'Yes, it was a goal, but I'll not use that to take any pressure off me or the players. Normally, you find you get what you deserve. I watched it back, it's a goal (he then breaks the goal down). But you've got to realise, the referee has to make that call in real time. Just like the penalty, is it a penalty? Well, we've gave the ref a decision to make and that comes from our sloppiness. Really, really poor and as poor as we've been. I won't use rustiness as an excuse for us. Just like if we'd have won, people would come out and say QoS were tired having played ICT midweek, they weren't tired, they looked like they wanted to win.'

Asked about how we react:

'It's a test of character. That's one thing it certainly is. Can they come out the traps? Can they handle playing for this team? I've got to take a lot of this as well. I pick the team. I put the players on the pitch. We need to be better as a group. At the end of the game, we looked more dangerous and created chance after chance but that's another negative because you've got to be ruthless at this level. Tuesday night, we need to put it right. Can we stand up? Can we battle? Today we couldn't.'

Finally, he's asked how are the players feeling:

'They should be feeling that they need to make amends. As a group, we need to make amends and that starts tomorrow morning.'

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Posted this in the Dundee thread, but posting it here to in case any QoS fans care. It's a transcript of McPake's post-match interview I mocked up:

'I'm angry, frustrated, probably like every Dundee fan right now but we lost that game in the first half. It's as poor a 45 minutes as I've been in charge. Really worrying. It takes to the half time break to get even a bit of a reaction. Disappointed, really poor. I'm not bothered about the improvement in the second half, because it shouldn't take that. Look, you can lose goals early in games, you can take blows, but it looked like that blow hit them and they couldn't get going. The basics, we couldn't get the basics right. It wasn't a case of not trying or not putting in the effort, they just couldn't do the basics of football.'

He's then asked can we take positives from Cummings scoring and getting minutes:

'It's too raw. I'm hurting. I'm not looking for positives at the minute. I thought Jason overall was decent but you can see he needs games. He's about the only one I can pick (as having a decent game).'

He's then asked about the disallowed goal:

'Yes, it was a goal, but I'll not use that to take any pressure off me or the players. Normally, you find you get what you deserve. I watched it back, it's a goal (he then breaks the goal down). But you've got to realise, the referee has to make that call in real time. Just like the penalty, is it a penalty? Well, we've gave the ref a decision to make and that comes from our sloppiness. Really, really poor and as poor as we've been. I won't use rustiness as an excuse for us. Just like if we'd have won, people would come out and say QoS were tired having played ICT midweek, they weren't tired, they looked like they wanted to win.'

Asked about how we react:

'It's a test of character. That's one thing it certainly is. Can they come out the traps? Can they handle playing for this team? I've got to take a lot of this as well. I pick the team. I put the players on the pitch. We need to be better as a group. At the end of the game, we looked more dangerous and created chance after chance but that's another negative because you've got to be ruthless at this level. Tuesday night, we need to put it right. Can we stand up? Can we battle? Today we couldn't.'

Finally, he's asked how are the players feeling:

'They should be feeling that they need to make amends. As a group, we need to make amends and that starts tomorrow morning.'

Lol