Dundee FC vs Queen of the South (20/02/21)

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

They're not far wrong to be fair. His best game for us. Took anything that went near him. Gibson was better though.

If our phantom goal counted, he would've been solely responsible IMO. I don't think he had anything to do really.

He did have an excellent command of his box tbf. Something we've not witnessed since Big Rab.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Gibson was superb again today.  Reinventing himself as a right back and running everyday in lockdown to get fit was a masterstroke. 

He has been fantastic at right back. 

A lovely goal from him too.

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

He has been fantastic at right back. 

A lovely goal from him too.

Did he take that video with a calculator?

I must admit, I fair laughed when you signed Willie Gibson. 36 year old. Been on a downward trajectory career wise since he left you in 2013. Personally, didn't think he was the same player even back then that he was in 2009-11 with Dunfermline.

Celtic Nation, Workington, Stranraer, Dumbarton, Peterhead and then finally, struggling to make an impact in a poor Stenhousemuir side. You re-sign him, play him out of position and he's suddenly your best player.

Some renaissance.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He did have an excellent command of his box tbf. Something we've not witnessed since Big Rab.

This is the thing though. McCrorie did last season too largely but otherwise not seen a QoS keeper look as commanding taking crosses in a long time. It inspires confidence in those around him. Apparently he's statistically the worst keeper in the division but he has done pretty well to be honest. I wouldnt blame him directly for many of the goals we've lost.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

This is the thing though. McCrorie did last season too largely but otherwise not seen a QoS keeper look as commanding taking crosses in a long time. It inspires confidence in those around him. Apparently he's statistically the worst keeper in the division but he has done pretty well to be honest. I wouldnt blame him directly for many of the goals we've lost.

I liked him back when he was at Airdrie and thought Motherwell made a smart decision in signing him. A bit of a weird comparison, but he reminded me slightly of Ludo Roy's style of goalkeeping today.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I liked him back when he was at Airdrie and thought Motherwell made a smart decision in signing him. A bit of a weird comparison, but he reminded me slightly of Ludo Roy's style of goalkeeping today.

Roy was the last keeper we had before McCrorie who really dominated his box. Great at taking crosses.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not the first time I've read this. He did fine at Stenny. Never missed a game. Granted a lower level but the idea he struggled there is nonsense.

Even still. He was a cog in a wheel that finished 8th in League 2 and was 35 years of age. You'd hardly think he'd come in to the Championship and be in a QoS side that is currently sitting in a promotion play-off place and be their best player is my point.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not the first time I've read this. He did fine at Stenny. Never missed a game. Granted a lower level but the idea he struggled there is nonsense.

Aye, I'm going to have to stick up for Wullie Gibson (again!) - he was absolutely fine at Stenhousemuir. We were a very poor side at the time but he brought a degree of composure on the ball and quality passing sorely missing from our midfield. He was the best player on the park in our famous win over Waterford in the Challenge Cup.

When Gibson left midway through the season, the reaction from the support was mostly indifferent, but he did the Warriors a good turn!

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Aye, I'm going to have to stick up for Wullie Gibson (again!) - he was absolutely fine at Stenhousemuir. We were a very poor side at the time but he brought a degree of composure on the ball and quality passing sorely missing from our midfield. He was the best player on the park in our famous win over Waterford in the Challenge Cup.

When Gibson left midway through the season, the reaction from the support was mostly indifferent, but he did the Warriors a good turn!

Here you, it's been about 6 year since I asked you to get Jocky on Tell Him He's Pele podcast. Get to it.

He was on that horrific Dean Wallace podcast so get tapping him up. The P&B community would ensure your comeback on that show would net record listeners.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did he take that video with a calculator?

I must admit, I fair laughed when you signed Willie Gibson. 36 year old. Been on a downward trajectory career wise since he left you in 2013. Personally, didn't think he was the same player even back then that he was in 2009-11 with Dunfermline.

Celtic Nation, Workington, Stranraer, Dumbarton, Peterhead and then finally, struggling to make an impact in a poor Stenhousemuir side. You re-sign him, play him out of position and he's suddenly your best player.

Some renaissance.

It's not the position he's played for the majority of his career, but he played as a full-back at Clyde on a couple of occasions when at Peterhead.

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Apparently he's statistically the worst keeper in the division but he has done pretty well to be honest.

He was at the turn of the year, but since then hes not been, going off numbers alone.

Traditional metrics used have Parry and Hamilton behind him, excluding today.