Celtic v tory no voting Aberdeen. 17th Feb

I know that Romeo is lying in wait to pounce, but I don't give a shit. I thought that if you take this game in isolation we played well from around 30 minutes in until the end. Disappointed with the lack of pressing for the Celtic goal. Far too easy for Turnbull to get his shot away. Given the new laws, I have no idea why we didn't get a penalty when the ball hit a Celtic arm which was away from the guy's body. Ash Taylor was immense tonight, and Dean Campbell continues to look better with each match. 

I would like to thank Celtic for not allowing me to pay for PPV for this game. I had a fabulous stream from one of the fans pages for the whole match. I was impressed by the commentator, and even Darren O'Dea was ok for a large part of the coverage. Thanks Celtic TV for the freebie. However, the commentator calling Tommie Hoban as Hoe-bann for the whole match did grate a bit.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know that Romeo is lying in wait to pounce, but I don't give a shit. I thought that if you take this game in isolation we played well from around 30 minutes in until the end. Disappointed with the lack of pressing for the Celtic goal. Far too easy for Turnbull to get his shot away. Given the new laws, I have no idea why we didn't get a penalty when the ball hit a Celtic arm which was away from the guy's body. Ash Taylor was immense tonight, and Dean Campbell continues to look better with each match. 

A fair summation tbh. 

I don't think that we played badly....not compared with some of the dovers seen at Celtic Park over the years....but we ran out of ideas at the edge of the penalty area. 

Some good performances all over the park, from Taylor to Campbell to Ferguson to Kamberi. We just lack any confidence or invention, and my God how we miss Hedges. 

Kennedy needs to step up his game by the way. He's offering absolutely nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I already posted saying I wasn't fussed about the pen until the Celtic free kick was awarded.

I'd be interested in knowing if you thought they were or weren't fouls.

Seems to be some reluctance from the Aberdeen lads to answer that for some.reason.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A fair summation tbh. 

I don't think that we played badly....not compared with some of the dovers seen at Celtic Park over the years....but we ran out of ideas at the edge of the penalty area. 

Some good performances all over the park, from Taylor to Campbell to Ferguson to Kamberi. We just lack any confidence or invention, and my God how we miss Hedges. 

Kennedy needs to step up his game by the way. He's offering absolutely nothing. 

Kennedy has the ability, and has one great game every six or seven games, but that’s not enough. Jonny Hayes has been a massive disappointment to me over the last two months. I would be dropping him on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Seems to be some reluctance from the Aberdeen lads to answer that for some.reason.

I didn't think it was a foul. The referee thought the Celtic one was. Hence the first one should have been too.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The on that’s hit the Celtic player was a foul (penalty), the one with Hoban wasn’t.  That clear enough for you?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I didn't think it was a foul. The referee thought the Celtic one was. Hence the first one should have been too.

Ah but you're expecting consistency from a referee who deemed Ferguson hitting the ball with his face as handball.

You really need to lower your expectations Merkland😉

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

In what way, given the current Laws Of The Game, was the one in the Celtic box not a penalty?

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I didn't think that either should be fouls, but given the laws of the game both technically were fouls. 

I haven't seen every penalty given in Scottish football this season, but I'll guarantee that quite a few were for more innocuous handballs than the one tonight. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

His arms weren’t in an unnatural position. 

I reckon VAR would have said that his arms were in an unnatural position, going by the penalties that are awarded in the Premiership and Champions league. 

I realise that you'll disagree completely with that, but an arm that is stuck out from your side and blocks a cross coming in is a penalty any time that it's reviewed.