Celtic v tory no voting Aberdeen. 17th Feb

1 minute ago, TheDon99 said:
2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
His hands were by his side. I’m watching Aberdeen tv cause Darren O’Dea is an annoying c**t, and they have it down as a stone waller, not for me.  

How can you class that as 'hands by his side' if the ball managed to go between his hip and his hand. It's an abysmal call from the ref.

Celtic fans can only see conspiracies against Celtic.

Every advantage they get in the way of dodgy decisions in their favour (like our pen tonight) they conveniently ignore. 

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Celtic fans can only see conspiracies against Celtic.

Every advantage they get in the way of dodgy decisions in their favour (like our pen tonight) they conveniently ignore. 

That’s quite a sweeping generalisation. 

wow that is quite incredible.  I know McInnes likes to stand off Celtic at Pittodrie but that is embarassing
It's almost as if we were specifically marking everybody but McGregor but then made absolutely no effort to actually block Bain from making a 15 yard pass straight to McGregor.

Better at the end of that half but you can't have your two strikers pressing with the rest of the team 30-40 yards behind. You need to press as a team. That's why they're finding so much space to get up the park.

The players will be running on empty and that's just from having to run 80 yards up the pitch on every counter.

We definitely got more of a foothold as the half went on, after a fairly passive start. Kamberi looks good, and was unlucky with the shot off the post. Campbell has had some good moments - I would like to see more of him running with the ball, especially after his excellent run to the by-line that almost resulted in an equaliser. As for the handball claim, never a penalty for me.

Edited by DrewDon

Maybe McInnes should try something other than the man marking system he's tried to play every single game for the past decade, and he'd have more success in these games.

Fine against diddy sides who only have 1/2 genuine threats, but Celtic/Rangers can hurt you all over, so they just sacrifice some players to open space for others.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe McInnes should try something other than the man marking system he's tried to play every single game for the past decade, and he'd have more success in these games.

Fine against diddy sides who only have 1/2 genuine threats, but Celtic/Rangers can hurt you all over, so they just sacrifice some players to open space for others.

Yeah. You can't go man for man and also have your two front men pressing with no support.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. You can't go man for man and also have your two front men pressing with no support.

It's wild. Seen a clip from a game v Rangers at Pittodrie, where they constantly had Kent switching from left flank to right at some trigger point, at which point Logan would follow him right across the park, leaving a mammoth gap on that side of your defence.

Happened 2/3 times I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's wild. Seen a clip from a game v Rangers at Pittodrie, where they constantly had Kent switching from left flank to right at some trigger point, at which point Logan would follow him right across the park, leaving a mammoth gap on that side of your defence.

Happened 2/3 times I'm sure.

Aye. You can absolutely break a man to man system with rotations. The goal at Ibrox when Roofe pulled Considine all the way to Partick was another example

Aberdeen's press has been decent and while you can rip the pish out them for the goal the real problem wasn' the press it was giving Turnbull a free shot.

If Turbull's man just lets McGregor run it is less likely that soemthing bad will happen. McGregor is as likely to drill one in from 30 yards or pick a defence splitting pass.