Married at First Sight

19QOS19

You should try ‘Married at First Sight Australia’ that jamamafegan recommended to me recently - excellent show, lots of drama & 100% real. V v v good entertainment. 

Plus one for this, superb reality (100% real) telly

Cyrell is the love of my life. Not drop dead stunning but feisty and passionate. 

Plus if she's happy with that glaikit c**t she got matched with, she'd be ecstatic with me (IMO). 

I hate you all. Not a reality tv person at all but having read your posts I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I had watched the UK version years ago and it didn't feel like the usual scripted reality shite so didn't annoy me very much.

About 6 episodes in to the latest Australia version and completely hooked. Cyrell is gorgeous and looks like a complete ride. The older ginger woman is a honey as well. And Martha has an incredible body though she'll undoubtedly look hideous in the years to come.

The reason I made the topic is because I feel for my health I need somewhere to vent. Ines is quite possibly one of the most horrible human beings ever to grace the screen. A genuinely disgusting specimen. We're just about to watch the episode where they decide if they want to continue and if she says yes then she's (as I suspect) on the show for her 15 minutes rather than having any interest in finding a partner. She's had a really bizarre chip on her shoulder with the blonde lassie from the get go and I expect she'll try and get fired into her man at some point.

Plenty of drama and very entertaining it has to be said. But by f**k I need to get back to work!

I’m only at the commitment ceremony after the two new couples come in but here’s a quick rundown of my opinions of the couples:

Lauren & Matthew: found the obsession with Matthew being a virgin utterly bizarre (it’s as if the producers were some of the middle-aged men on here). The constant reference to ‘virgin Matthew’ and then ‘ex-virgin Matthew’ was strange. I genuinely felt he may have had a mild form of autism and was a bit of a strange guy. Lauren was a bit of a hog IMO, not a very well suited couple given her sexual appetites. 

Jules & Cam: blah blah blah you’re in love, boring. Get out of my sight.

Jessika & Mick: Jess is very attractive, although could do without the duck lips. She’s a total arsehole though - Mick seems really sound and deserves better. At least he got his hole out of it though so swings and roundabouts.

Cyrell & Nic: Cyrell scares me a bit, psycho, as was her weirdo brother. Nic is a bit of a bore. Cyrell’s got one of the manliest voices I’ve ever heard. When she was going to scrap Martha in her face mask was class entertainment.

Elizabeth & Sam: Elizabeth is a weirdo, Sam blatantly wasn’t interested and she continued to persist. Not attractive at all either so don’t blame him. Sam was a good laugh and a handsome boy.

Ines & Bronson: feel sorry for Bronson as he was a bit of a glaik and seemed oblivious to how badly things were going. Probably deserved it though for the eyebrow ring and other various fashion disasters he displayed throughout the season. Also the strange acrobats he would perform on the balcony etc was slightly disconcerting. Ines, whilst clearly a c**t, I thought was class and really grew on me. Was a big fan.

Ning & Mark: Mark seems like a decent guy. Ning was horrendous at the wedding but has improved. Don’t really find them that interesting.

Martha & Michael: Martha is the hottest on the show, I think Michael is just counting his lucky stars and hanging on in there. She likes to stir a bit as well which is quite amusing.

Dino & Melissa: just a pair of utter oddballs in their own way. Don’t think I could hack being around Dino for more than five minutes. 

Heidi & Mike: Heidi is a bit of a ride for an older bird. Quite like Mike as well, seems like a good laugh.

Susie & Billy: Susie = arsehole. Billy = wetwipe. Not a good combination. Special mention to her weirdo father. 

Dan & Tamara: meh. 

They legally can't marry in the australian one. fake right off the bat. 
I thought it could be annulled by a set time anyway? Tbh the marrying part is irrelevant for me. I find it quite interesting to see "science" putting two folk together.

Ines is class. What a heel
An absolute cow, make no mistake. But the show would be dull as dishwater without her. 
I've seen enough now to think this isn't an act on her part. The lassie has some genuine narcissistic/sociopathic traits. It's understandable given her background but she really is somewhat 'broken' mentally. That she takes joy out of other people's misery and her lack of empathy probably puts her on the psychopath scale as well. A truly loathsome individual.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about beautiful eyes and possibly aging badly but no pictures200.gif&key=b1a92efbd5d45418d8f2893bb4574938c237e2573a0ca99e287cf1068a0613b5
It was filmed 2 years ago and I genuinely hadn't looked at a 'where are they now' until now. Already Martha is changing. She is stunning on the show but she has a love for plastic surgery and it's ruining her. It'll only get worse. Julie's eyes are indeed stunning but pictures do them an injustice.

9436670-0-image-a-5_1549401902409.jpg9027518-6636185-image-a-21_1548547129964.jpg

16 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I was always under the assumption that the wedding bit was just for show on all of these programs. 

It is, they don't actually get married. 

Well, Cam and Jules have. 

Liz come back for another shot the following year. 

I've no idea where I am in catch up as to where it is now but I would 100% of volleyed the living shit out of Cyrell's brother Ivan. An imposter of a man. 

She has eyes like Charlie Manson.  She's also an annoying boot so I can see why the husband did a runner.

She is nippy but the guy was the p***k in that one. Fucking off to pump his ex a day after meeting the lassie then coming back and acting like there was no problem is the work of a complete c**t.

It is, they don't actually get married. 
Well, Cam and Jules have. 
Liz come back for another shot the following year. 
I've no idea where I am in catch up as to where it is now but I would 100% of volleyed the living shit out of Cyrell's brother Ivan. An imposter of a man. 

I've only saw the brother at the wedding but hear he features later. The guy is a muppet. Acting the hard man then waiting until he is completely canned before he has a word with the husband. Maybe just the editing but I loved it how he had to back down after the guy told him he had cancer.

How convenient that Ines' family were 'on holiday' on the day of her wedding.  Notice they blurred out the father's face as well which suggests he's either still got visa issues with Australia or more likely they've all fallen out with her which would be absolutely no surprise.  

Also, I'm further on now and the narrator is constantly calling Matthew an 'ex-virgin'.  Isn't almost everyone an ex-virgin?

Edited by Highland Capital

Cyrell making her man the fake food and failing to hold it together is one of the funniest things I've watched on tele in a good while. Absolute bits when she spat out the wine. The more we see her the more in love with her I become [emoji38]

What a fucking show. Just wonderful, wonderful television. We're all the way up to date with it being shown here just now (episode 30 or 31), and whilst there have been a few lulls here or there, it's generally just a total scenesfest. 

Martha is probably my favourite. She - at the time of the filming - is the best looking, but more importantly, she manages to escalate the drama without ever being the centre piece of it. The way she's quietly puppetmastered Ines and Jess in to making total c***s of themselves is fantastic, and working Cyclone Cyrell in to a shoot whilst she chilled out in her flat wearing her facemask was also fucking brilliant. Top work.

Mick is probably the soundest person there. Big fan of Mike as well though, seem like two good lads. I especially like when he does / says something stupid, can't immediately see it, but then has that sudden moment of realisation, and it's always 50/50 whether he's going to bother his arse trying to rectify it or not. Very enjoyable. Jess and Heidi are both very attractive, but both appear to be quite annoying.

One of the unheralded highlights of the series for me so far was, after storming out saying the 'marriage' was over, Billy strolling back in in his bare feet, grabbing what looked like a massive jar of nutella, and then fucking off again, all whilst mumbling about what a knob Susie is. Fantastic.

In the episode where they go to the Gold Coast, keep an eye on the sky when the bald fellow, the country farmer guy and the other older bloke have a chat.  The editing is so bad it becomes funny - the sky goes from blue to black back to blue and then to black again!

It honestly reminded me of this!

Edited by Highland Capital

In the episode where they go to the Gold Coast, keep an eye on the sky when the bald fellow, the country farmer guy and the other older bloke have a chat.  The editing is so bad it becomes funny - the sky goes from blue to black back to blue and then to black again!
It honestly reminded me of this!

The editing is one of the main reasons I avoid these type of shows*. I commented on this last night. There were scenes with that cow Ines where other folk were having a hard time and she's sitting with a massive smile. I know she's a horrible person but it's too obvious for it to be her expression at the time. It happens a lot. Something is said and they use a facial expression response from a completely different conversation.

We (obviously) clearly aren't seeing the other side to Ines either. I mean I can't say enough how horrible she is but her 'husband' was saying how lovely she had been recently and they were getting on. I mean, we haven't been shown anything remotely resembling that, we just see her completely uninterested. The guy can't be reading it so wrong so her behaviour obviously isn't That bad the whole time.

*Though scripted reality shows it's more to do with them being insufferable c***s.