The 2021 election and a mandate for Indyref2.

Erih Shtrep

Where will you cast your constituency vote at the 2021 election?   

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am very critical of the current leadership of the SNP. In my opinion there has been lots of show, but not a lot of substance since 2015.ย 

However, the SNP continues to be the only party capable of giving us a shot at a referendum.......and this election may be the only chance we get at taking that shot for a long long time.

Fair enough if folk have other agendas and are no really that bothered about it....but if your priority is independence, then the only sensible vote is the SNP candidate on the constituency ballot and SNP or other pro indy party on the list (this depending on where you live).

ย 

31 minutes ago, jakedee said:
35 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
I do find it acceptable, yes, given it's the baseline expectation of a political party in an election.ย 

That's a fair enough position to take,but don't take the huff when Westminster continues to deny a referendum because the " numbers don't justify it".

I'm not going to take the huff. Expecting the Tories to take noticeย of vote share is literal cope.

I'm not going to take the huff. Expecting the Tories to take noticeย of vote share is literal cope.
They'll take even less notice if pro independence parties only poll 40% (even with a majority of MSP's)of the vote because some who back independence decide to not bother, or spoil their ballot paper.

24 minutes ago, jakedee said:
53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They'll take even less notice if pro independence parties only poll 40% (even with a majority of MSP's)of the vote because some who back independence decide to not bother, or spoil their ballot paper.

This.

Moved last year to Inverness and Nairn from Aberdeen Donside. Like Yoda, despite being a bit shit, Fergus Ewing will get my constituency vote. My list vote would normally go Green but I read it may be more useful to go SNP. If so then I will go SNP

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Scottish Nobility, that parcel o rogues',ย did so for land and gold when they betrayed Scotland in the 1707 Union.

You're lucky we struck a deal withย such inefficient colonisers.ย 

The Union was a marriage of convenience at the time. It allowed Scotland (not just the nobles) to get rich from the profits of Empire, and it gave the English a ton of soldiers to secureย the future expansion of the Empire, which we also benefitted from. In the near future, it would also provide us with the ability to fight wars against other major powers.

But those days are over. The Westย is transitioning to an era where we no longer fight enormous wars on our own turf - we fight through proxy wars in far-off lands, intelligence services and cyber security now. Can anyone realistically ever see a scenario in their lifetime where WWIII occurs? I canโ€™t.

So now that security is no longer the primary benefit, itโ€™s worth asking what do we value most. Personally, I value devolving as much power as possible to as many areas as possible. The value of the peopleโ€™s participation in politics should never be underestimated.

Which is why independence must only be the start, and not the end, of a process which redefines how decisions are made in Scotland.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You're lucky we struck a deal withย such inefficient colonisers.ย 

Lucky?ย 

A deal that ended up years later where here in the Highlands menย women and children were forced out of their homes and onto boats and shipped off to the Carolinas to make way for sheep and dishonest land grabbing, conditions were so bad on these voyages that many children died.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Lucky?ย 

A deal that ended up years later where here in the Highlands menย women and children were forced out of their homes and onto boats and shipped off to the Carolinas to make way for sheep and dishonest land grabbing, conditions were so bad on these voyages that many children died.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You're an utter walloper.ย