The 2021 election and a mandate for Indyref2.

Erih Shtrep

Where will you cast your constituency vote at the 2021 election?   

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

TBF, anyone who votes for them will want them to do whatever Boris says, so it doesn't matter.

I don't think I've received any bumph from the Tories that mentioned their policies (other than ULSTER SCOTLAND SAYS NO!) in a good ten years, as they know they're all vote losers here. I've had several leaflets for their candidates that didn't even mention which party they were standing for, which tells you everything you need to know.

Edit: is there any chance...any at all...that Kirstene Hair could be made Minister for the Union?

God, that would be amazing.

Can recall a few that were pitched along the lines of "VOTE FOR blah blah, your local candidate for RUTH DAVIDSON'S scottish single-issue no to a 2nd referendum and unionist party"

Found it quite amusing to tally the number of references to indi/2nd referenda (normally in the teens, if not 20's or 30's), contrast that with the number of actual Tory policies mentioned (invariably zero), then see if I could find the jackpot line of "SNP obsession with independence/focus on the day job"

I see that yet again though they have, by their own admission, completely given up on forming the next Scottish Government, and are happy to settle for a distant and rather irrelevant second place. I mean, I've heard of craven unionism before, but totally throwing your towel in and giving up on yourself months in advance of the actual election?

Edited by Boo Khaki

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I see that yet again though they have, by their own admission, completely given up on forming the next Scottish Government, and are happy to settle for a distant and rather irrelevant second place. I mean, I've heard of craven unionism before, but totally throwing your towel in and giving up on yourself months in advance of the actual election?

I don't think they're giving up as such. They're throwing everything at the hope that they can stop an SNP majority, that's their sole aim. 

Buffalo Bob was 'succesful' by deliberately Ulsterising Scottish politics.....she realised that trying to get votes based on policies was useless and managed to throw everything at an anti-SNP platform. It's pathetic but it got her into the HoL. 

Expect more of the same in May from the Tories. 

If the SNP fall a few seats short of outright majority but the Greens takes the overall balance into pro-Indi and the Tories STILL deny the legitimacy of the mandate, the SNP should pay to have that Thatcher 'all the people of Scotland need to do' clip played over and over on loop. Probably back to back with the tank commander's similar suggestion during the 2011 election or whenever it was.

Edited by Boo Khaki

15 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:

Ruth Davidson absolutely hammered sturgeon today. She’s in for a tough (impossible) ride come this May election. 

You're taking the piss and it's a poor one at that.

The Blurt has never bettered Nicola Sturgeon, that's why the tories fecked her off to the HOL

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is the voting system not set up to prevent a single party gaining a majority anyway?

Regardless unionists make it up as they go along anyway. Democracy only counts when it suits them.

Good point.

We really need a 3rd party country or an individual organisation to monitor the May elections as no doubt the tories will be up to their tricks.

Remember Davidson in the 2014 Referendum announcing the result of the postal vote before it was officially declared. 

23 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:

Ruth Davidson absolutely hammered sturgeon today. She’s in for a tough (impossible) ride come this May election. 

I’ve always found it paradoxical that those most in need of a good public health system support the party most intent on destroying it.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve always found it paradoxical that those most in need of a good public health system support the party most intent on destroying it.

Notwithstanding the excellent job the NHS has done in the pandemic, it would take a blind man not to see the it needs major reform. It has evolved into an inefficient bureaucracy to the detriment of its delivery.  It's no longer the world leader it was when established, in large measure as result of the proliferation of management structures to the detriment of medical delivery.

It's political leadership in Scotland has presided over ongoing abysmal performance.

Paradoxically, I think the Conservatives are frightened to make the necessary reforms bringing it into the 21st century as a National Service

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Good point.

We really need a 3rd party country or an individual organisation to monitor the May elections as no doubt the tories will be up to their tricks.

Remember Davidson in the 2014 Referendum announcing the result of the postal vote before it was officially declared. 

STOP THE COUNT

17 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What's the policies this time around?

All the Tories really have to do to win a few more votes is to promote a less cautious line on when to open things up again. Maybe say they’ll co-ordinate with the Tories down south, instead of being a fortnight behind them and a bit more cautious.

57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

All the Tories really have to do to win a few more votes is to promote a less cautious line on when to open things up again. Maybe say they’ll co-ordinate with the Tories down south, instead of being a fortnight behind them and a bit more cautious.

New slogan could be

"We will open the pubs and vote to starve the kids"

22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You're taking the piss and it's a poor one at that.

The Blurt has never bettered Nicola Sturgeon, that's why the tories fecked her off to the HOL

I’m not taking the piss. Believe it or not - I can support Ruth just as much as someone supports Sturgeon. 

22 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Member since 26 Feb 2021.

Says it all.

Does it matter when I joined? 
No. 

2 hours ago, DavidWatt26 said:

I’m not taking the piss. Believe it or not - I can support Ruth just as much as someone supports Sturgeon. 

Does it matter when I joined? 
No. 

You will address the Blimp by its proper title, you little bollocks!

Hopefully putting Chris McEleny 12th/12 on the SNP regional candidate ballot will go some way to stopping that useless gobshite from darkening the door of the Scottish Parliament. 

UBI supporter got the number 1 preference while a couple of loser councillors and the parliamentary whip (who uses that a selling point?) were punted to near the bottom. McMillan will probably get in as the local constituency MSP but we'd hardly be losing a great powerhouse of the nation's politics if he didn't. A new sweep of list candidates would be worthwhile.