The 2021 election and a mandate for Indyref2.

Erih Shtrep

Where will you cast your constituency vote at the 2021 election?   

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:
8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Well we've been one nation state for over 300 years but I would grant the disaffected Scotch their own wee rustbelt enclave - made up of the scummy parts of the country - a chance to run about in tartan garb, have wee dugs in Jimmy bunnets and for Tory Scum banners adorning Motherwell's Civic Centre.
Oh and EU flegs.  That's important.  For the moment.

How exactly would the borders work? Presumably you're against borders at all costs, so would you be happy with putting up borders at half a dozen or so Scottish council areas?

Please don't think this is a well-worked plan.

I'm simply trying to think of creative ways of corralling the Scotch xenophobes together and allowing the sane ones to ignore them.

I can’t believe the SNP don’t have the exact same position of three people in their party from nearly half a century ago. How can they be trusted at all?

Thankfully all our good honest UK wide parties steadfastly position themselves exactly the same on every issue no matter how time, the country or the world changes around them. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

If you ever worry that we might actually be stuck without the right to reconsider our future for another hundred years (or whatever someone else decides), or that Westminster might somehow be capable of constructing a compelling argument against Scottish independence, the politics forum on P&B is just absolute magic for sweeping those blues away.

Thanks to the few remaining unionist posters for being willing to vent their screaming panicky nightmares and reassure swing voters that independence seems like the sane option these days.

With trump and brexit I wouldn’t discount a comeback for other parties. A chance for people to say f**k you because covid.

It happened with Labour, people had enough of them. I believe the snp are on the downwards curve. That’s not to say people don’t want independence, just not right now. This isn’t my take, other than snp are going downwards slightly but remember they voted no the last time despite yes voters claiming a massive majority.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's an untenable notion.  The EU is all about nation states joining together for mutual trade and self-interest  It certainly isn't a place for disaffected parts of the UK to join.  They simply have nothing to offer.

Who is they?

Is that the "they' that is Western Europe's biggest oil producer, has Europe's largest open (and economically and strategically valuable) sea area and Western Europe's largest source of potential renewable energy.

Apart from that "they" have nothing....aye nothing.😂

23 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus fucking wept. I think we can safely say P&B has utterly broken Kincy. Some state.

his "xenophobic" labelling has certainly increased. Classic projection - couldn't wish for a better example. If I were a football commentator, now would be the time to be drawing it to the attention of any watching youngsters. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

1. To untie New Nedland from the UK will take a decade - at least.  The amount of effort involved in rewriting all of the systems and processes needed for a new country is impossible to achieve in a 3 year timescale.

As a simple illustration, in 2018 NedGov wanted to take control of certain payments to disabled people and said they could do so in 2 years at a cost of £200 million.  The latest estimate is that said system MAY be available in 2024 at a cost of £650 million.  This probably represents less than 0.5% of all of the government processes and if you can't even get that right then what hope is there for everything else?

Using that as a benchmark, a decade's span to untangle  Neo Jockland from the rest is modest and the bill will be in the tens of billions - which you can't afford.

2. You can't run the the process of untangling from the UK in parallel with trying to accede to the EU for two reasons.  A.  You don't have the bandwidth/expertise/personnel to do so and, more importantly, B The EU will tell you to GTF and come back when you're an independent country - in about a decade.  You'd then go through the normal accession process which will take about a decade.

So 20 years is a fairly modest estimate for an independent Caledonian Transnistria to be a member of the EU.

Absolute tosh.

I suggest you take your projection of 20 years separation to the LSE who have predicted a 2-3 year process.

Then again your ego won't allow you to defer to a superior and informative institution. 

And you have ignored UK's Brexit from the EU which took four and a half years from referendum to departure but would have been a year less due to westminster begging for a year's extension.

So with Brexit negotiations taking what should have been over 3 years it is not unrealistic to expect Scotland to take 2-3 years with a similar process.

And we will also be in the process of applying for EU membership.

Edited by SandyCromarty

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

With trump and brexit I wouldn’t discount a comeback for other parties. A chance for people to say f**k you because covid.

It happened with Labour, people had enough of them. I believe the snp are on the downwards curve. That’s not to say people don’t want independence, just not right now. This isn’t my take, other than snp are going downwards slightly but remember they voted no the last time despite yes voters claiming a massive majority.

Actually projections for the election show the SNP gaining.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:
  • Wants to retain the union
  • Willing to grant independence to the scummy bits of the country

The scummy bits of the country:

image.png.65745fe17305988109181e1ae6d5f23b.png

Worst pint of Tennents I ever had in my life was in a Louden. 3.50 and flat as f**k.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

This isn’t my take, other than snp are going downwards slightly but remember they voted no the last time despite yes voters claiming a massive majority.

I'm pretty sure that never happened. You might have had a few folk saying "Ah but the polls are wrong cos there's a Yes majority among people I know" but Yes never had a sustained lead in the polls before the vote and certainly never had a "massive majority" so I sincerely doubt any sensible person was claiming that.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus fucking wept. I think we can safely say P&B has utterly broken Kincy. Some state.

His work towards his trolling PHD is almost complete. 

I have a wee chuckle at each post he makes, then shake my head sadly when people actually reply to him .

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm pretty sure that never happened. You might have had a few folk saying "Ah but the polls are wrong cos there's a Yes majority among people I know" but Yes never had a sustained lead in the polls before the vote and certainly never had a "massive majority" so I sincerely doubt any sensible person was claiming that.

There were a couple of posters on here I think that seemed to believe that Yes would comfortably win but, aye, I dunno if I'd call them sensible.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

If you ever worry that we might actually be stuck without the right to reconsider our future for another hundred years (or whatever someone else decides), or that Westminster might somehow be capable of constructing a compelling argument against Scottish independence, the politics forum on P&B is just absolute magic for sweeping those blues away.

Thanks to the few remaining unionist posters for being willing to vent their screaming panicky nightmares and reassure swing voters that independence seems like the sane option these days.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

his "xenophobic" labelling has certainly increased. Classic projection - couldn't wish for a better example. If I were a football commentator, now would be the time to be drawing it to the attention of any watching youngsters. 

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

Kincardine/Rangers.

That's all you need to know 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:
  • Wants to retain the union
  • Willing to grant independence to the scummy bits of the country

The scummy bits of the country:

image.png.65745fe17305988109181e1ae6d5f23b.png

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

His work towards his trolling PHD is almost complete. 

I have a wee chuckle at each post he makes, then shake my head sadly when people actually reply to him .

Kekekek, lads lads lads. 

You sure showed him you lovely progressive fellows. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. The closest anyone got to that was in the week beforehand there was a feeling of, "oh my God, we might actually make it across the line". Absolutely nobody thought Yes was ever romping home.

IIRC, support for independence was hovering around 33% when the referendum was announced, as opposed to the current steady 50%+ that apparently shows there's no appetite for independence. No wonder the unionists absolutely despise David Cameron these days.