The 2021 election and a mandate for Indyref2.

Erih Shtrep

Where will you cast your constituency vote at the 2021 election?   

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I trust folk who are going to spoil their ballots will have the good grace not to post any more observations of the policies, and impact of said policies, of the SG whichever political party wins control.

Bit ironic that you’ve spent the last couple of years moaning about the Brexit shambles, when you personally voted for it.

The Greens will be getting my vote on both counts, possibly a waste for the constituency vote but I honestly can’t bring myself to vote for any other party, the SNP have gone down in my estimation hugely over the past year or so.

It’ll be interesting to see how common this is, seems to be a few on here who will be lending them a vote and a lot of my friends are of a similar view.

The SNP will win by a landslide but they’ll probably gain a lot of their votes from other parties while also losing a lot of their votes to the Greens, I’ve got family who would vote Labour or even *shudder* Lib Dem who will now definitely vote SNP, whereas I’m finding a lot of people I associate myself with have lost confidence in the SNP and will be voting Green.

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Bit ironic that you’ve spent the last couple of years moaning about the Brexit shambles, when you personally voted for it.

If I had continued to say that voting for it was the right idea it would be both ironic and hypocritical.  However I acknowledged the decision a long time ago.  You simply trying to be a smart ass doesn’t detract from my point.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If I had continued to say that voting for it was the right idea it would be both ironic and hypocritical.  However I acknowledged the decision a long time ago.  You simply trying to be a smart ass doesn’t detract from my point.

Why does spoiling a ballot (let's also remember that no one thus far has said they'll spoil more than part of their ballot) disqualify someone from commenting on the performance of the government? 

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Why does spoiling a ballot (let's also remember that no one thus far has said they'll spoil more than part of their ballot) disqualify someone from commenting on the performance of the government? 

I will invoke Socrates in responding to that.

In Perthshire I'm voting SNP/Green, not that I support all of the SNP's policies, or most of the Greens, it's a means to an end.
The less votes (whether spoiling,or not voting) pro independence parties get, the more ammunition the " Scotland doesn't want a 2nd referendum" brigade will be encouraged.

9 minutes ago, jakedee said:

In Perthshire I'm voting SNP/Green, not that I support all of the SNP's policies, or most of the Greens, it's a means to an end.
The less votes (whether spoiling,or not voting) pro independence parties get, the more ammunition the " Scotland doesn't want a 2nd referendum" brigade will be encouraged.

It’s sad that you need to point this out to folk.

The pro-independence parties should do more to encourage people to vote for them then instead of relying on a scolding demand to fall in line. Some people demand more from their elected representative.

34 minutes ago, jakedee said:

If the only thing you are prioritising or judging parties on in the election is their stance on independence then absolutely fair play.

Other folk, even while supporting independence, don't. In my, and I assume a few others in this thread's, opinion, the SNP and their approach to governing prior to independence and potentially following independence is a very mixed bag and it comes down to your individual constituency candidate and their values and abilities. Parties should be earning your vote, not demanding it to demonstrate greater support for a bi-polar issue.

The pro-independence parties should do more to encourage people to vote for them then instead of relying on a scolding demand to fall in line. Some people demand more from their elected representative.
If the pro independence parties fail to achieve a majority in this election, then say goodbye to a 2nd referendum any time soon.
If you find that acceptable because you think they should " do more to encourage people to vote for them", then fair enough.
Independence is my priority, and the only way to achieve this, is to vote for a pro independence party.

On one hand, yes, Fergus Ewing does support independence. 

On the other hand, he's a dunce and voted against gay marriage (and then justified his vote by hiding behind the view of bible bashing teucht pensioners).

Anyway, he'll win regardless of my vote so it's win-win: he gets his seat, and I get to act self-righteous 4U0m6pP.png

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

On the other hand, he's a dunce and voted against gay marriage (and then justified his vote by hiding behind the view of bible bashing teucht pensioners).

Anyway, he'll win regardless of my vote so it's win-win: he gets his seat, and I get to act self-righteous 4U0m6pP.png

...and he wins his seat but the SNP only poll 49% of the popular vote and DRoss and Boris say no majority of votes= no referendum.  

This is the last time I will probably vote SNP but everyone who wants independence must give their first vote to the SNP.    

Anyway, he'll win regardless of my vote so it's win-win: he gets his seat, and I get to act self-righteous 4U0m6pP.png&key=a45daff19314b2b41d916579dbbcf41649c89f64c19577ecbf78fd123a9845a6
If the pro independence parties gain a majority, then the argument will turn to vote share." More people in Scotland voted for brexit than did for the SNP" being a prime example.
Every vote counts.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

If the pro independence parties fail to achieve a majority in this election, then say goodbye to a 2nd referendum any time soon.
If you find that acceptable because you think they should " do more to encourage people to vote for them", then fair enough.
Independence is my priority, and the only way to achieve this, is to vote for a pro independence party.

I do find it acceptable, yes, given it's the baseline expectation of a political party in an election. 

I do find it acceptable, yes, given it's the baseline expectation of a political party in an election. 
That's a fair enough position to take,but don't take the huff when Westminster continues to deny a referendum because the " numbers don't justify it".