The 2021 election and a mandate for Indyref2.

Erih Shtrep

Where will you cast your constituency vote at the 2021 election?   

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On Thursday the 6th of May, the electorate of Scotland are invited to cast a vote in the Scottish Government election.  

4 million residents are of legal age to cast their vote.  

The SG are entering the election with a manifesto pledge that if in excess of 50% of votes cast are for pro-independence a referendum should take place.  

The opposition believe that it doesn't matter how many votes are pro-independence that it shouldn't happen because it's not an issue for Scotland on the basis that we voted to remain in the UK and everything must be UK based like the Brexit vote.   Scotland voice only counts as a proportion of a UK tally, and Scotland isn't allowed to leave the UK.  

Without question the May 6th vote is the most important ever for supporters of both constitutional thoughts.   

With that in mind where will you cast your Regional or 1st vote?   

Edited by Erih Shtrep

1 hour ago, Erih Shtrep said:

The SG are entering the election with a manifesto pledge that if in excess of 50% of votes cast are for pro-independence a referendum should take place.  

They have trolled the Scottish electorate since 2019 on this and only because they dare not ask for the vote to be based on their performance in government.

But still.  I fully expect to see wee westies in jimmy bunnets and for the Natter Massive to raid the dressing-up box.

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

They have trolled the Scottish electorate sine 2019 on this and only because they dare not ask for the vote to be based on their performance in government.

But still.  I fully expect to see wee westies in jimmy bunnets and for the Natter Massive to raid the dressing-up box.

I suspect this was a mistaken post?  All I read is dogs, hats, and costume drama.   

Just copy/paste it to the thread it was meant for.  

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

They have trolled the Scottish electorate sine 2019 on this and only because they dare not ask for the vote to be based on their performance in government.

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,scottish-parliament-votes-for-second-referendum-on-scottish-independence_15041.htm

https://www.businessforscotland.com/a-2020-scottish-independence-referendum-what-if-westminster-says-no/

Who is trolling who? 

It appears to me that the Tories don't respect democracy. We voted to have a 2nd independence referendum and it was passed through our parliament. If there is an indy majority again in this election what is to stop Boris saying no, again? 

1 hour ago, Erih Shtrep said:

On Thursday the 6th of May, the electorate of Scotland are invited to cast a vote in the Scottish Government election.  

4 million residents are of legal age to cast their vote.  

The opposition believe that it doesn't matter how many votes are pro-independence that it shouldn't happen because it's not an issue for Scotland on the basis that we voted to remain in the UK and everything must be UK based like the Brexit vote.   Scotland voice only counts as a proportion of a UK tally, and Scotland isn't allowed to leave the UK.  

Without question the May 6th vote is the most important ever for supporters of both constitutional thoughts.   

With that in mind where will you cast your Regional or 1st vote?   

I would vote for you being the biggest weirdo on P&B.