Premier Relegation spots

Just now, Malty Guy said:

Let’s allow the Powers That Be to attempt to sort out this particular dogs diner first... 

But that's the point. Whatever you do with regards to 2020-21 it impacts what happens in 2021-22.

PPG or Play out to 50% = Premier, First, 2nd Division (regionalised/Conferences) presumably

Null and Void = 18 team Premier and 31 Conference plus likely 12+ new members.

2 hours ago, oldandround said:

I respect your opinion but completely disagree.

Much prefer the nightmare of PPG to Null and void.  Massively against that.  Means all the sacrifices made to play football and try to give us something to hold onto was for nothing, and I refuse to accept that this year of all years is to be forgotten and pretended not to exist.

No, no no!

It’s got to be agreement to what AuldDuffer is saying. 

Do you think that come 17th May when most restrictions are removed and we're back to a bit of normality inc being able to get time away with family, the first thing players, officials and committee want to do is commit a large portion of their spare time to training and playing twice a week when for many clubs absolutely nothing is at stake, still behind closed doors, and for some, taking players off furlough?

Maybe think of the people that are actually involved who would be expected to give up a significant chunk of their free time for a hectic 6-8 week period.

I mentioned this a little earlier in this thread. There is an expectation that players and committee should just accept that with normality slowly returning they alone are to be expected to put their own return to normal family and working life on hold to squeeze in umpteen games at the behest of others, many of which will be meaningless and all of which will be without fans. There will almost certainly be a requirement to test and test again too as it is this that has allowed the lower SPFL leagues to return.

Every other pyramid league under Tier 5 has seen the sense of not asking part time players and volunteers to sacrifice themselves in such a way and have sensibly went for the null and void option. The EoSFL really need to do likewise and stand by the decision communicated to clubs at the outset of the season and reiterated to those clubs again in February.

1 minute ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I mentioned this a little earlier in this thread. There is an expectation that players and committee should just accept that with normality slowly returning they alone are to be expected to put their own return to normal family and working life on hold to squeeze in umpteen games at the behest of others, many of which will be meaningless and all of which will be without fans. There will almost certainly be a requirement to test and test again too as it is this that has allowed the lower SPFL leagues to return.

Every other pyramid league under Tier 5 has seen the sense of not asking part time players and volunteers to sacrifice themselves in such a way and have sensibly went for the null and void option. The EoSFL really need to do likewise and stand by the decision communicated to clubs at the outset of the season and reiterated to those clubs again in February.

You’ve nailed it Black & Red socks

Could another reason for clubs wanting it to be null & void (apart from being relegated) be financial ?
If they start playing games then certain players will have to come out of furlough and clubs will have to pay wages.

I would think many clubs just want their governing body to stand by the decision to null and void that was made at the beginning of the season should 50% of games not be reached and that was then reaffirmed to them in February. I guess it really is as simple as that. Looking for ulterior motives is fruitless when such motives will be found in nearly every clubs position on the matter.

1 minute ago, Sidney Lumet said:

I would think many clubs just want their governing body to stand by the decision to null and void that was made at the beginning of the season should 50% of games not be reached and that was then reaffirmed to them in February. I guess it really is as simple as that. Looking for ulterior motives is fruitless when such motives will be found in nearly every clubs position on the matter.

Very well spoken fellah ,,,, it’s the simple things that count. 

13 minutes ago, Sidney Lumet said:

I would think many clubs just want their governing body to stand by the decision to null and void that was made at the beginning of the season should 50% of games not be reached...

Maybe 50% can be reached now they know for sure that there is no need for a playoff against the SoS and WoS champions?

29 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

...There will almost certainly be a requirement to test and test again too as it is this that has allowed the lower SPFL leagues to return...

From May 17 contact sport is allowed again without that because all the priority groups for vaccination should have had their second vaccination.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe 50% can be reached now they know for sure that there is no need for a playoff against the SoS and WoS champions.

It’s not impossible,,,, unlikely and risky, but not impossible

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe 50% can be reached now they know for sure that there is no need for a playoff against the SoS and WoS champions?

From May 17 contact sport is allowed again without that because all the priority groups for vaccination should have had their second vaccination.

I struggling to follow your point - priority vaccination groups is of what relevance here???

And you’ve read this definitively where? A link or an attributable quote would be great.

I would refer you to the post by Black & Red Socks for an absolutely compelling reason as to why 2 and possibly 3 games a week for part time players and volunteer committees should be a complete no no. I find it really quite hard to understand why their sacrifice is being demanded by many who will most likely never be expected to make any such sacrifice themselves.

Just a thought, I f clubs have to vote and decide if it's 50% or PPG then as it stands the arithmetic could be interesting.

4 teams at least in the premier would want it to be null & void, some of the rest (14) might just be happy to avoid being at risk of relegation.

The top seven by way of PPG in each of the conferences may be happy to go up into the proposed new first division.

Just now, Truthteller said:

Just a thought, I f clubs have to vote and decide if it's 50% or PPG then as it stands the arithmetic could be interesting.

4 teams at least in the premier would want it to be null & void, some of the rest (14) might just be happy to avoid being at risk of relegation.

The top seven by way of PPG in each of the conferences may be happy to go up into the proposed new first division.

Excuse me - why a vote on something that’s already pre agreed??

What Conference Top Seven are being promoted ; where’s that coming from??

1 minute ago, Truthteller said:

The conference champions go straight into the premier league.

The remaining 6 teams from each conference along with the 4 relegated teams form a new first division

Is it me???

Conf A + Conf B   = 2 champions promoted. to Premier. I’ve got that bit.

But there’s  no way I’m following the rest of your spiel.

1 minute ago, Malty Guy said:

Is it me???

Conf A + Conf B   = 2 champions promoted. to Premier. I’ve got that bit.

But there’s  no way I’m following the rest of your spiel.

The remaining top 6 in each conference join the 4 relegated premier teams in a newly formed first division

22 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Every other pyramid league under Tier 5 has seen the sense of not asking part time players and volunteers to sacrifice themselves in such a way and have sensibly went for the null and void option.

But every other non-league either had an unworkable deadline or nothing to play for (aside from the obvious financial aspect of PCR testing preventing a restart).

HL/LL had to finish in time for the SPFL play-offs.

WOS season was almost meaningless given the teams sitting out and reverting back to the previous conferences next season, apart from the Premier winners for the LL play-off but they wouldn't have got to 50% in time.

SOS - similar (and probably not really bothered about going up).

NCL is planning on restarting and continuing until 30th June.

Juniors knew their season was pointless anyway, with the moves to the EOS and the North were going back to their linear structure.

EOS has no pressure of a play-off and has a lot to play for in terms of promotion to the LL and setting up the structure for next season. 

5 minutes ago, gaswork said:

Shambles. 

This east set up is ran by absolute morons.

Fresh blood is needed what an embarrassment they are. 

There's only one moron, one which clearly needs some help. Get a life.