Premier Relegation spots

4 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:

Always felt 4 relegated was harsh even when played over a full season. There was a scenario where 6 or 7 could have been relegated at one point. For me at least one or two of those relegation slots could have gone to a play off with whatever conference team was next in line.
EOS clearly stated its will be null & void if 50% not reached and this is now very likely. There are way too many problems and the easiest and probably fairest way out may be to bite the bullet and declare n & v.
The one that would cause an absolute firestorm would be to relegate four teams whilst not reaching the 50% required completion. There are too many complications there with some teams having played each other twice.
It's not practical to restart now so let's be sensible and fair, call call it null and void and regroup for next season hopefully starting in July

I respect your opinion but completely disagree.

Much prefer the nightmare of PPG to Null and void.  Massively against that.  Means all the sacrifices made to play football and try to give us something to hold onto was for nothing, and I refuse to accept that this year of all years is to be forgotten and pretended not to exist.

No, no no!

2 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Much prefer the nightmare of PPG to Null and void.  Massively against that.  Means all the sacrifices made to play football and try to give us something to hold onto was for nothing, and I refuse to accept that this year of all years is to be forgotten and pretended not to exist.

No, no no!

So much for Sporting Integrity,,,,,, a term that we are all familiar with but like to ignore it

Just now, Malty Guy said:

So much for Sporting Integrity,,,,,, a term that we are all familiar with but like to ignore it

No such thing unfortunately.

That was proved last year when Heart, partick thistle and Stranraer were relegated and no-one other than them cared one jot.

However, playing to 50% is actually the most sporting solution (or more accurately the least imperfect one) as at least its based on everyone playing everyone else. 

No, no no!

Do you think that come 17th May when most restrictions are removed and we're back to a bit of normality inc being able to get time away with family, the first thing players, officials and committee want to do is commit a large portion of their spare time to training and playing twice a week when for many clubs absolutely nothing is at stake, still behind closed doors, and for some, taking players off furlough?

Maybe think of the people that are actually involved who would be expected to give up a significant chunk of their free time for a hectic 6-8 week period.

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What emails are flying about Burnieman? 

Have they been sent to clubs from the EoSFL ? 

Maybe ask the same question to the Dundonald General Manager and not Burnieman. 🤔

Let’s just say sporting integrity, democratic principles and any respect for other member clubs has been ripped up and thrown away!

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Do you think that come 17th May when most restrictions are removed and we're back to a bit of normality inc being able to get time away with family, the first thing players, officials and committee want to do is commit a large portion of their spare time to training and playing twice a week when for many clubs absolutely nothing is at stake, still behind closed doors, and for some, taking players off furlough?

Maybe think of the people that are actually involved who would be expected to give up a significant chunk of their free time for a hectic 6-8 week period.

Flippant answer, but yes.  There would be plenty at stake. Promotion to the Lowland league and places in the relevant tiers for starters.  Crowds in grounds.  Happy faces, cash being generated.  

THe Edinburgh amateurs have a 48 team summer cup kicking off on 22nd may.  they are rejecting applications from as far away as buckhaven.  THey have u20s sides and everything desparate to play.

I fully get that my opinion is not shared by everyone, but in the spirt of the current climate, "its my truth"

4 minutes ago, oldandround said:

No such thing unfortunately.

That was proved last year when Heart, partick thistle and Stranraer were relegated and no-one other than them cared one jot.

However, playing to 50% is actually the most sporting solution (or more accurately the least imperfect one) as at least its based on everyone playing everyone else. 

Doesn’t make it right.

Thought we were more in charge of things and a bit more democratic. Local voices at local level.

Grass roots ,,, unfortunately, it always gets out who said what, when, where and for why. Always ends in tears

4 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

Maybe ask the same question to the Dundonald General Manager and not Burnieman. 🤔

Let’s just say sporting integrity, democratic principles and any respect for other member clubs has been ripped up and thrown away!

Fair point,,,, no secrets for very long in this sport

Flippant answer, but yes.  There would be plenty at stake. Promotion to the Lowland league and places in the relevant tiers for starters.  Crowds in grounds.  Happy faces, cash being generated.  
THe Edinburgh amateurs have a 48 team summer cup kicking off on 22nd may.  they are rejecting applications from as far away as buckhaven.  THey have u20s sides and everything desparate to play.
I fully get that my opinion is not shared by everyone, but in the spirt of the current climate, "its my truth"
It's not flippant, it's reality. Not sure where you get the idea there would be fans, there won't.

1 minute ago, Malty Guy said:

Doesn’t make it right.

Thought we were more in charge of things and a bit more democratic. Local voices at local level.

Grass roots ,,, unfortunately, it always gets out who said what, when, where and for why. Always ends in tears

Nope its not right, but its not possible to fully complete the season by 30th june, so I contend that its the least bad one. (restarting 22nd may and playing to 50%)

5 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

What have Dundonald been up to? 

15 minutes ago, oldandround said:

So who are you punishing for the points Tranent or Dunbar? 

Must be other scenarios throughout the leagues? 

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I get it.  Its unfair on Dunbar, or tranent depending of your viewpoint.  However, not restarting is more unfair on tranent as iff its PPG then jeanfield get promoted.  If its Null and void, then everyone not in the bottom 6 loses.

There is no perfect scenario.  I just think that restarting and playing to 50% (with the caveats I posted higher up) is the least worst option.

I get it that you have a different viewpoint, which if I supported Whitehill, I would definitely hold too.

I dont, so I want to see football back before july.   

27 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The term ‘punishment’ is wrong. But yes; it would seem punitive to TJFC as the victory and 3 points wasn’t  actually meant to take place until April 2020.  I think the logic is clear. The initial game was played on schedule and was a draw.

12 minutes ago, oldandround said:

I get it that you have a different viewpoint, which if I supported Whitehill, I would definitely hold too.

Obviously from my point of view and I dont speak on behalf of the club but I want ww to stay in the top league. 

We had a change of manager as well and results were starting to improve, maybes not for 50% of the season to stay up but wi virtually a new squad of players who knows what might have happened for a full season.

So playing to 50% matches would be a def no from me. 

Other teams aren't gonnae vote to relegate themselves either. 

Edited by newcastle broon

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Obviously from my point of view and I dont speak on behalf of the club but I want ww to stay in the top league. 

We had a change of manager as well and results were starting to improve, maybes not for 50% of the season to stay up but wi virtually a new squad of players who knows what might have happened for a full season.

So playing to 50% matches would be a def no from me. 

I don’t think it’s about who gets relegated. It’s about why anyone gets relegated. It’s about the integrity and the principle.

If the answers null and void, what's the plan for Conferences next season? While Premier Division teams are left unaffected, Conference level teams get another year of shuffled around.

If there's 3 Conferences in 2021-22 that presumably mean 3 promotion spots to the EoS Premier changing the promotion and relegation scenarios between Tier 6 & 7.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the answers null and void, what's the plan for Conferences next season? While Premier Division teams are left unaffected, Conference level teams get another year of shuffled around.

If there's 3 Conferences in 2021-22 that presumably mean 3 promotion spots to the EoS Premier changing the promotion and relegation scenarios between Tier 6 & 7.

Let’s allow the Powers That Be to attempt to sort out this particular dogs diner first...