Premier Relegation spots

18 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Yeah. You’re probably correct. 

im just so disappointed that we’re not playing football right now that I’m lashing out at everything that I’m perceiving must be holding its return. 

I just think the risk adverse have taken everything too far (just like my silly post)

Dinnae worry - it’s all on the road forward now. We hope 😊

5 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Agreed. I am very sad that we are not able to complete the 2020/21 season or get anywhere near the half way point. Truly gutted.

I think we need to accept the fact that this season has been prematurely terminated and keep the same format for 2021/22 with the 18 teams in the Premier Division. The First Division should be reformatted into three conferences with the addition of the new applicants. One promotion place for each of the conferences with five clubs relegated from the Premier Division. The other top clubs in the Conferences will play in the new First Division in 2022/23 so plenty to play for and to look forward to.

I think the sensible option would be to start the 2021/22 season in early July and see if we can beat this dreadful pandemic this time around. An early start should ensure that if there is an enforced  break at some time in the new season it will not destroy the whole campaign.

It is hard to come to terms with termination of our season and its consequences but much harder to accept the loss of family, friends or associates to this dreadful pandemic.

100% agree with the above.

The EoS should call it now and allow teams to build towards next season with an earlier start date to mitigate any potential COVID pauses next season.

8 hours ago, oldandround said:

Imho

Its only teams not wanting to finish that are looking for an excuse to do just that. 

they can start training now. Six solid weeks or fitness will or should have the players in peak shape. Then a week of corners and shaping etc and bang. Let’s get started on 22nd may. 
every team is in the same boat with short start timesets go for it. Use the squads  sign some ams or get the u20s involved.

have a positive can do mentality rather than a lazy “too hard” viewpoint

covid has been difficult for all  let’s not compound it by giving up  

Lots of differing valid opinions. But im just for getting going and muddling through best we can.

Again imho, voiding is cowardly and lazy. 

p***k!

Where does cowardly and lazy come into it? 

Who are you referring to as well - players, coaches, physios, groundsmen, committee members, live streaming guys - individually or all inclusive?

Fact that all teams in the East of Scotland started the league campaign in October against risk that season may not finish, catching COVID, potentially being off work for a period of time, would suggest no one associated with EoS teams were/are cowards or lazy. 

You talk about training for six weeks, but scenario of a club having players stay in; Fife, Falkirk, Edinburgh, West Lothian, East Lothian and Midlothian not being able to meet up for non-contact training/exercise as they cannot cross authority lines is hardly conducive for team harmony. Then there is the prospect of, in effect a lot of teams re-starting after a three month lay off having to play half a season equivalent in 2-3 weeks, never mind the ‘back ground’ work involved with this? 

Of course we all wanted the season to finish, even in a curtailed fashion. But we are still not out of the grips of this pandemic and most players won’t get their first jags until July. Sensible idea, for me, is as others have said, if contact sport not allowed till 17 May, EoS should cancel 2020-21 and hopefully we are in a position to start season 2021-22 by middle of August and much better chance, with at least 1st vaccine supplied to most, that we can finish season come next May.

2 hours ago, oldandround said:

Yeah. You’re probably correct. 

im just so disappointed that we’re not playing football right now that I’m lashing out at everything that I’m perceiving must be holding its return. 

I just think the risk adverse have taken everything too far (just like my silly post)

Fair enough, everyone involved are fitba fans and want to be back watching (or playing) fitba, but it needs to be sensible and considerate to everyone.

54 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I believe the can has been kicked down the road by the EoS for another few weeks regarding this season.  I'm not entirely sure what they are expecting to happen.

Crazy if true Burnie. They have all the details now to make their decision.

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I believe the can has been kicked down the road by the EoS for another few weeks regarding this season.  I'm not entirely sure what they are expecting to happen.

Things to improve sufficiently so the government can be persuaded to bring back the pyramid exemption and bring forward the outdoor contact sport date to 26th April? It's the only hope as surely 17th May is too late.

Funnily enough now that other non-leagues have gone null & void, there's a (slightly) better case for allowing that to happen as there will be fewer teams competing and it's playing at a regional level.

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Things to improve sufficiently so the government can be persuaded to bring back the pyramid exemption and bring forward the outdoor contact sport date to 26th April? It's the only hope as surely 17th May is too late.

Funnily enough now that other non-leagues have gone null & void, there's a (slightly) better case for allowing that to happen as there will be fewer teams competing and it's playing at a regional level.

Perhaps, but it's unlikely the Pyramid exemption will return given parts of it have already null and voided.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Perhaps, but it's unlikely the Pyramid exemption will return given parts of it have already null and voided.

It's probably as simple as keeping their options open to match the LL. With no WoSFL in the mix after declaring null & void there's no LL Pyramid Play-off to worry about games wise at least since I don't forsee the SoSFL declaring a champion.

If the LL try and play at a later date or declare just a champion with less than 50% played, there's some options that could be presented than simply null & void.

Crazy if true Burnie. They have all the details now to make their decision.

It is crazy. As mentioned earlier in this thread, priorities for many a committee member will see committing to help facilitate matches that will have no fans and little meaning for many a club fall way behind the need to re-establish normal, every day family life. To expect otherwise from volunteers is grossly unfair. Particularly as any resumption before 17th May, in the highly unlikely event the SFA and the Scottish Government can agree such a resumption, is likely to require the lateral flow testing of all playing participants and officials in attendance.....more work for put upon volunteers and more financial outlay for struggling clubs. Crazy to even think this is something to consider when the possibility of most restrictions being lifted and fans being able to attend isn’t so very far away.

Other leagues have made the correct decision to abandon this season and allow clubs to begin preparing and planning for next season, I’m astonished that the EoSFL have not done the same and instead have kicked the can further down the road to leave only ongoing uncertainty for clubs and their dreadfully put upon volunteers.

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

What I'm meaning is because the Juniors and WOS are null and void, there would be less than half the non-league clubs playing, so the overall risk is very slightly reduced. 

1 hour ago, Sidney Lumet said:

It is crazy. As mentioned earlier in this thread, priorities for many a committee member will see committing to help facilitate matches that will have no fans and little meaning for many a club fall way behind the need to re-establish normal, every day family life. To expect otherwise from volunteers is grossly unfair. Particularly as any resumption before 17th May, in the highly unlikely event the SFA and the Scottish Government can agree such a resumption, is likely to require the lateral flow testing of all playing participants and officials in attendance.....more work for put upon volunteers and more financial outlay for struggling clubs. Crazy to even think this is something to consider when the possibility of most restrictions being lifted and fans being able to attend isn’t so very far away.

Other leagues have made the correct decision to abandon this season and allow clubs to begin preparing and planning for next season, I’m astonished that the EoSFL have not done the same and instead have kicked the can further down the road to leave only ongoing uncertainty for clubs and their dreadfully put upon volunteers.

Other leagues have much less to play for than the EOS (and LL). Ending the Juniors and WOS really doesn't affect anything for next season.

And this is essentially the same decision as the WOS made a few weeks ago, no? Wait until the start of April to see if pyramid football is allowed to restart and if not then knock it on its head. The difference being that the EOS can now go to the end of May as there's basically no LL play-off and fewer games to play than in the WOS.

On 24/03/2021 at 19:53, FairWeatherFan said:

The problem is figuring out how to get a  Champion in the first place.

On the Lowland League forum there's a claim that they are using PPG to decide their Champion.

Looking at the EOS Premier, the same process would provide Jeanfield Swifts. However, Jeanfield, Penicuik and Dundonald have only managed to complete just over a quarter of the season, and as someone has pointed out, Jeanfield are the only side to have played against all 3 bottom sides which probably gives them a slightly unfair advantage.

So, then I thought why not use PPG as a guide to produce a Top 4 and then have a knockout tournament to provide a champion -  Covid allowing.

I've used PPG and Goal Difference / Game which would give:

Jeanfield Swifts  v   Camelon Juniors

Tranent Juniors  v  Lothian Thistle HV

Then, as I'm having a quiet afternoon (please don't judge me), I thought why not use PPG to identify the Top 8 teams, then produce a second league table, still with PPG, for those 8 teams using only matches played against each other.  Unfortunately, the way the fixtures have fallen, I've only been able to find 10 matches between these sides.  Jeanfield and Dundonald have only 1 match each, LTHV have 4.

The rankings in this table would be:

1. Lothian Thistle

2. Tranent Juniors

3. Camelon Juniors

4. Penicuik Athletic

5. Jeanfield Swifts

6. Musselburgh Athletic

7 .Linlithgow Rose

8. Dundonald Bluebell

But at the end of the day, there probably haven't been enough matches to justify using PPG. Null & void?

Oh well, that's the weekend here...

On 26/03/2021 at 15:19, gwd440 said:

On the Lowland League forum there's a claim that they are using PPG to decide their Champion.

Looking at the EOS Premier, the same process would provide Jeanfield Swifts. However, Jeanfield, Penicuik and Dundonald have only managed to complete just over a quarter of the season, and as someone has pointed out, Jeanfield are the only side to have played against all 3 bottom sides which probably gives them a slightly unfair advantage.

So, then I thought why not use PPG as a guide to produce a Top 4 and then have a knockout tournament to provide a champion -  Covid allowing.

I've used PPG and Goal Difference / Game which would give:

Jeanfield Swifts  v   Camelon Juniors

Tranent Juniors  v  Lothian Thistle HV

Then, as I'm having a quiet afternoon (please don't judge me), I thought why not use PPG to identify the Top 8 teams, then produce a second league table, still with PPG, for those 8 teams using only matches played against each other.  Unfortunately, the way the fixtures have fallen, I've only been able to find 10 matches between these sides.  Jeanfield and Dundonald have only 1 match each, LTHV have 4.

The rankings in this table would be:

1. Lothian Thistle

2. Tranent Juniors

3. Camelon Juniors

4. Penicuik Athletic

5. Jeanfield Swifts

6. Musselburgh Athletic

7 .Linlithgow Rose

8. Dundonald Bluebell

But at the end of the day, there probably haven't been enough matches to justify using PPG. Null & void?

Oh well, that's the weekend here...

I’ve seen 6 of the above teams playing this season (if that’s what we can call it) and personally don’t see a clear leader between any of them. 
However after a discussion - it’s Jeanfield.

If I was daft enough to have a punt; my cash would be on the Tayside club, if the season were somehow to play its way to conclusion.