Premier Relegation spots

On 05/04/2021 at 11:13, Che Dail said:

Adults ages 18 or older will not be allowed to return to full contact training until Monday, May 17.  

Allow 3-4 weeks 'pre-season' to start w/c Monday 14th June.  Players may be out of contract on 30th June.  

So 3-4 weeks preparation and cost for just 2 weeks competitive football (?), playing 3 or 4 games a week to get to 50%? It makes no sense at all.  

If the league can agree upon a winner based on PPG (over the past 2 incomplete seasons) to replace Vale of Leithen in the LL that's one thing - but when it starts to affect everyone else to their detriment, that's quite another.

Instead of trying to shoehorn 6-8 games into those two weeks, which would be quite brutal, how about the following?

Use PPG to create a list of the top 9 ranked teams and split these into 3 groups of three.  Each group plays each other once = week 1

The group winners play each other in a final group = week 2

So a maximum of 4 games in two weeks.

Doing the maths quickly we could have something like :

Group A    Jeanfield Swifts, Linlithgow Rose, Dundonald Bluebell

Group B    Tranent Juniors, Camelon Juniors, Hill Of Beath

Group C    Lothian Thistle HV, Penicuik Athletic, Musselburgh Athletic

I guess something similar could be used to determine relegation - the 3 bottom sides in each equivalent group go down plus two of the second placed teams.  Personally, I would skip relegation again this season, but it would be nice to be able to provide a club that could call themselves champions. 

3 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

No worries mate I respect other people views. Not going to hold it against you and start sending private messages around. First part of post was my attempt at humor, a take on the Channel4 gameshow The Circle which if your over 30 I fully understand will have completely gone over your head.

Geez peace!! The fact is that you don’t respect other people’s views! On other post which is getting lots of comments/views, you see to argue with everyone with a different view from you. 

5 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

You’re correct Casey it does seem like that, who’d have thought it eh. Someone posting on a public forum an opinion that differs from that of a clique. What do you suggest I do give into them and walk away like many others have done? 

Do what ever floats your boat Bigbro! Just don’t patronise by saying you respect other people’s views when you clearly do not.

Who exactly is in a clique? Everyone who ‘gangs up against you’ cause you spout p1sh? I certainly ain’t in no clique. I have my own thoughts and views which are not always agreed upon. Same as most others I am sure. 

20 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

You’re correct Casey it does seem like that, who’d have thought it eh. Someone posting on a public forum an opinion that differs from that of a clique. What do you suggest I do give into them and walk away like many others have done? 

Who's all in this clique ? 

On 05/04/2021 at 22:46, Big Dougie said:

What were your views on playing before we were stopped in January? I’m not trying to catch you out or anything, but surely the risks then were greater than they appear to be now.

Your ok , yes they were ,and Ignorance and selfishness is my only answer ,

Also my wife lost close family to covid  recently so i cant really justify kicking a ball as a valid excuse to that risk that  now 

now with the wait for my jag  i wont be  mingling till i have at least had my 1st jag and the 3 weeks after till i go back 

just my views and choice 

8 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Scooby . That’s a very sensible and mature decision you have taken . Explains why you were so vocal in your earlier posts about not returning. Which club is it you play for if you don’t mind me asking?

Which club is it you are associated with if you don't mind me asking ? 

2 hours ago, Scrappydoo said:

Your ok , yes they were ,and Ignorance and selfishness is my only answer ,

Also my wife lost close family to covid  recently so i cant really justify kicking a ball as a valid excuse to that risk that  now 

now with the wait for my jag  i wont be  mingling till i have at least had my 1st jag and the 3 weeks after till i go back 

just my views and choice 

Sorry to hear that, must be an awful time for you and your family.

9 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

Sort of very calm and quiet....I’m assuming the lack of any official statement is responsible (or should that be irresponsible).

Season has been extended until 32nd of Julember, and will only be declared null and void  if Burnieman and Bigbro19 kiss and make up.

On 04/04/2021 at 14:43, Malty Guy said:

So what you’re saying is that if I go into Asda and buy a pint of milk which states £1 on at the shelf ticket. When I get get charged £5 at the checkout, then that’s perfectly ok because Asda thought it’d be a better and more successful change for them.

i dont follow the logic that you are purporting. 

Clearly.

3 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Give it time mate. No decision to null and void coupled with very encouraging news for the “ugly sisters”  will have some in melt down shortly. 

...if that means Colt teams getting into SPFL 2 it means the LL will have a place to fill to get back to 16 because two LL clubs will be promoted to the SPFL League 2.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

...if that means Colt teams getting into SPFL 2 it means the LL will have a place to fill to get back to 16 because two LL clubs will be promoted to the SPFL League 2.

There is no way the Colts thing is happening.

1 minute ago, Bigbro19 said:

Win, win for 99% of clubs already in the pyramid below the Lowland League if 50% of games is reached. What’s not to like?

I can think of 2 reasons straight away.

2 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

Sort of very calm and quiet....I’m assuming the lack of any official statement is responsible (or should that be irresponsible).

Clubs to vote before Sunday between null and void or try and complete season after 17th May.   PPG has been rejected.  

Board recommends that the season is N&V as not feasible to complete the season.

Just now, Burnieman said:

Clubs to vote before Sunday between null and void or try and complete season after 17th May.   PPG has been rejected.  

Genuine question, why do you think  they just didn’t make the decision, it seems that they are dragging this out unnecessarily?

1 minute ago, Big Dougie said:

Genuine question, why do you think  they just didn’t make the decision, it seems that they are dragging this out unnecessarily?

Not sure, there are a few on the board who are "cautious" with many things, maybe consulting clubs ticks a box?  either way, they want N&V as they don't see re-starting after 17th May as feasible.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Recommendation sounds good to me!! A total no brainer

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure, there are a few on the board who are "cautious" with many things, maybe consulting clubs ticks a box?  either way, they want N&V as they don't see re-starting after 17th May as feasible.

Cheers. It just seem pointless going to the clubs when they think playing on isn’t feasible. As you say, maybe it ticks a box.