Premier Relegation spots

35 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

So say you get what you want null and void and for the second successive season an incomplete league campaign. What next when the inevitable third wave strikes and next season is called to a halt too? 

I think you are under a misconception. Nobody wants  null void, nobody wants stop start seasons, nobody wants to have clubs on tenterhooks awaiting decisions which neither clubs or players or supporters have no control over. We simply have to follow the rules. All the rules, be they Scot Gov or EoS. 
The EoS directives up until the Dundonald B activity were clear - less than 50% results in N & V. The caveat that was attached was that they were awaiting a clarification statement on resumption or not from today’s announcement. 
As far as I’m aware - the process is crystal clear . 
I’m sure most sensible folks would have been looking forward to either resuming either in full or part if that was at all possible. Clearly it’s not.

what will be will be.

51 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

So say you get what you want null and void and for the second successive season an incomplete league campaign. What next when the inevitable third wave strikes and next season is called to a halt too? 

That will depend if Blackburn are once again in the bottom four, more escapes than Colditz 

8 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

I think you are under a misconception. Nobody wants  null void, nobody wants stop start seasons, nobody wants to have clubs on tenterhooks awaiting decisions which neither clubs or players or supporters have no control over. We simply have to follow the rules. All the rules, be they Scot Gov or EoS. 
The EoS directives up until the Dundonald B activity were clear - less than 50% results in N & V. The caveat that was attached was that they were awaiting a clarification statement on resumption or not from today’s announcement. 
As far as I’m aware - the process is crystal clear . 
I’m sure most sensible folks would have been looking forward to either resuming either in full or part if that was at all possible. Clearly it’s not.

what will be will be.

This is crystal clear to me. Nothing's changed as far as making decisions. I would have loved to play the season out but it seems  the time factor was against it. Good luck to everyone for next season. Let's hope we can finish 21/22 with no stoppages. Stay safe everyone.

3 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

I get what you are saying Malty but rules are like doughnuts, they have holes in them and a lot has changed since those directives. Clubs in the premier were quick to point out they are now senior football and part of the pyramid  when it suited them but don’t want to follow in the footsteps of the lowland league? 

Aye ‘Elite Professional Sport’ what an embarrassment that label has been. 

8 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

I get what you are saying Malty but rules are like doughnuts, they have holes in them and a lot has changed since those directives. Clubs in the premier were quick to point out they are now senior football and part of the pyramid  when it suited them but don’t want to follow in the footsteps of the lowland league? 

Correct, they weren't slow to drop the "juniors" tag

7 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

No stoppages next season , you’re having a laugh. We’re only coming out of lockdown for the benefit of the economy, football couldn’t be further from the minds of the decision makers and rightly so. The third wave will be worse than what we experienced in January and many more deaths are predicted, it’s not rocket science, you only need to look at France right now for proof . Anyone who thinks we will get to 50% completion next season is deluded.

I’m really struggling to follow your negativity. It’s not really helping and it’s certainly not informative. It’s all your own subjective opinion based on whatever source that you use. It’s obviously superior level knowledge to that which is being used by both the Scot and Westminster Govs. Why not share all your data and information that base your opinions on. 

Edited by Malty Guy
?

2 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

I’m really struggling to follow your negativity. It’s not really helping and it’s certainly not informative. It’s all your own subjective opinion based on whatever source that you use. It’s obviously superior level knowledge to that which is being used by both the Scot and Westminster Govs. Why not share all your data and information that base your opinions on. 

Ask wee burnie or is he still in his bunker ?

31 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Before the pandemic called a halt to the 19/20 season an average of 19.5 games had been completed in the premier. This season an average of 10.5 games have only taken place. Had we continued where we left off last season this one would almost certainly be complete. Admittedly hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing. However we now know what we are dealing with and an inevitable 3 wave will bring a halt to proceedings next season. Surely the argument for finishing this season as opposed to having the same farce next season makes more sense.

The Lowland league plans to start next season on 17 July. Last season the EoS only got underway on 10 Oct. That's an additional 12 Saturdays and maybe 6 midweeks of a difference. Even if next season is as affected by lockdown there will be the opportunity for an additional 18 fixtures and a good chance supporters will be back in to see them.

2 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Apologies if I’m coming across negative Malty, not my intention. Only trying to point out how ludicrous it would be to null and void the efforts of many and walk straight into the exact same scenario by starting all over again next season. I know it doesn’t suit the agenda of the chief influencer or his following in here but theme the facts.

Ok - you cleared that bit up. 
But we are where we are. All we can hope for is that our governing body have a good management system to handle these extreme conditions. Hopefully they will in the main be supported by the members. 
We have to make the best of what we’ve got. This season - dozens of us have all had to put in far more hours into helping all our clubs survive : more fund raising in difficult times, learning how to handle new rules and regs, Covid training, so many additional things that nobody expected to ever have to do. 
My personal opinion is that this has been a miserable season and I’m glad to draw a line under it. Hopefully there’s no real casualties in terms of  financial loss or personal tragedy

32 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

No stoppages next season , you’re having a laugh. We’re only coming out of lockdown for the benefit of the economy, football couldn’t be further from the minds of the decision makers and rightly so. The third wave will be worse than what we experienced in January and many more deaths are predicted, it’s not rocket science, you only need to look at France right now for proof . Anyone who thinks we will get to 50% completion next season is deluded.

I'm not saying there won't be any stoppages, I'm saying I hope not. The government seem pretty positive about things and I am hoping we can learn from places like France. I am hoping if we all try to be positive, we can manifest a much better season than the this one and the last one.

28 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

The third wave will be worse than what we experienced in January and many more deaths are predicted, it’s not rocket science, you only need to look at France right now for proof . Anyone who thinks we will get to 50% completion next season is deluded.

1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

You seem awfy sure have you heard about the vaccine where you live? 

I think the idea of the vaccine is to prevent the above where I'd be more confident of getting a full season in when most if not everyone has had their jabs but I'm no scientist. 

I do agree with you however about posters crawling out of the woodwork as I note Sidney Lumet hasn’t contributed in almost a year, as he always does when Burnieman needs his voice echoed. What do I know though, I’m new here and not one of his sheep. 

To quote your own words back at you, I’ve been following developments on here over that past year or so but I’ve only recently had time to read through your stuff and form a different opinion to you. If I have to believe you then you’ll just need to believe me. I trust that is okay and I’ll not need to ask your permission as to when and what I post and with who I do or don’t agree with. Your caustic approach verging on trolling does your argument no favours.

23 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

The governments scientific advisors SAGE have already stated that after the third and fourth stages of lockdown have been lifted in May and June that hospital admissions will likely rise to the levels witnessed in January. Do you not listen to the news?

Yet we have Chris Witty saying we won’t see another lockdown, and we will live with this like we do with the flu. 

https://www.cityam.com/no-more-lockdowns-uk-will-treat-covid-like-seasonal-flu-says-chris-whitty/

Edited by Big Dougie

3 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

CD4E7CFF-7829-4455-A291-5209A6595845.thumb.jpeg.2bbcee4eca384463d9340953dc8c6169.jpegFBFC6AAF-C726-473E-9897-E6572D8940E3.thumb.jpeg.286ef23008fef1c52db4318969dd6f5a.jpeg

The UK government or SAGE, I know who I believe.

You do realise that SAGE is essentially a government advisor and Chris Witty is  co chairman?

They could combine the results from the last two uncompleted seasons and work out the Premier and Division 1 from those. Doubling this season's points for those promoted last season...

I'm off to run and hide even though I'm sure everyone will think this is a fantastic idea...
[emoji23]

24 minutes ago, stulch said:

They could combine the results from the last two uncompleted seasons and work out the Premier and Division 1 from those. Doubling this season's points for those promoted last season...

I'm off to run and hide even though I'm sure everyone will think this is a fantastic idea...
emoji23.png

We need a sense of fun 🎣🎣it’s a bit clinical and doomsday together with some conspiracy theory’s thrown in. 

Edited by Malty Guy
?

13 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

11 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

The third wave will be worse than what we experienced in January and many more deaths are predicted, it’s not rocket science, you only need to look at France right now for proof . Anyone who thinks we will get to 50% completion next season is deluded.

I think its important to point out that this is one of various potential scenarios produced by a computer model. Of course the most optimistic and most pessimistic projections will make the news for obvious reasons. There will likely be a third wave in cases but how that will translate into deaths and hospital admissions is not yet known. Given that vulnerable people and all over 50s will be vaccinated by the time a third wave hits, I think it highly unlikely we will reach the same levels in terms of deaths or hospital admissions as we did in January. I am also not sure that looking at France gives us proof of anything, for a number of reasons. Every adult will have been offered a first dose of the vaccine by August so I don't think it's deluded to suggest we could complete a full season never mind 50%.

Edited by Buckets

4 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

ALERT

A new player has entered the game.

CIRCLE MESSAGE

Buckets, welcome to the chat mate.❤️ I’m certain you’ll settle in very quickly. Your introductory post suggests you’ll be right at home with our top influencer and his multiple catfish following.   Whilst that will undoubtedly win you top ratings from them  for today at least, I have to say your disregard for the opinion of the best scientists and attitude towards the current situation in France is of great concern to me. I note from your bio that you also  believe a whole division of clubs from the SPFL could be displaced by ex juniors 🙄 another sign of delusion as will NEVER happen in any of our lifetimes. # The haters will have your back though #truth hurts

Message SEND

No idea what the first part of that post is about sorry, maybe something to do with my old age. I am not disregarding anything, my main point was just a disclaimer for your post about an "inevitable third wave" that will be worse than the last. It was nothing personal. As I said it's one of various scenarios mapped out by a computer programme. I haven't seen any scientist or projection say that this third wave will cause more deaths and hospitalisations than what we saw in January. Considering the majority of the population will have had a vaccine by then, including the most vulnerable and everyone over 50, it seems unlikely.

Also I'm not sure what my bio has to do with it, I merely posed a question. With how well exjuniors have taken to the Lowland League, Cove have taken to the SPFL and mainly results in the Scottish Cup it has made many fans of SPFL clubs sit up and take notice. 

My aim was only to provide a bit of context to your posts which, to me, seemed to present a worst case scenario as the inevitable.