Premier Relegation spots

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Obviously, but none of them are doing it with a holier than thou tone and acting as the sole voice of authority because they believe they're some sort of pyramid Influencer 😂

^^^ Believes he’s a P&B influencer. 

Is actually utter dregs 😂😂😂😂😂😂

The call it early decision was based on uncertainty, stability is more prevalent than it was at that point (thus with vaccines, LL decision taken) and the timescales can work if we want them to. 

hypothetical option;
- 8th April - communicate that the league will play out to 50%
5 weeks to get match readyish to May 17 (every club in same position)

- if required further 1 or two weeks contact training/friendly matches, takes us to 31st May

- 3/4 weeks to get to 50% threshold, 26 June. 

Depending on how many weeks break teams feel appropriate at end of season, push start date into august (why the rush to start in July, allows time for more clarity on pandemic progress before new season starts).  Personally I don’t think a big break is required after the 13 months of large breaks/stop start  (unless of course some are desperate to spend their week queueing at the click and collect garden centres) but take a vote on what is appropriate. 

If there’s a debate about congested fixtures, happens every year, if there’s a debate about spending anti lockdown time in football, June is still part of the football calendar every year, it’s a small extension. Fairness and transparency, winners win and losers lose.  

Clubs may have agreed to contingency,  not an imposed date on that contingency when a workable solution exists. 

2 minutes ago, Lowerleaguelover said:

Depending on how many weeks break teams feel appropriate at end of season, push start date into august (why the rush to start in July, allows time for more clarity on pandemic progress before new season starts).  Personally I don’t think a big break is required after the 13 months of large breaks/stop start  (unless of course some are desperate to spend their week queueing at the click and collect garden centres) but take a vote on what is appropriate. 

Just on that point surely one thing we have learned from the past 2 seasons is to expect the unexpected. What if we have further lockdowns in Winter 2021/22? Or what if there are any unexpected and unanticipated interruptions to next season? The chances of reaching 50% of fixtures next season should surely  be a very strong consideration for the start date of 21/22 season?

7 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Just on that point surely one thing we have learned from the past 2 seasons is to expect the unexpected. What if we have further lockdowns in Winter 2021/22? Or what if there are any unexpected and unanticipated interruptions to next season? The chances of reaching 50% of fixtures next season should surely  be a very strong consideration for the start date of 21/22 season?

I’d hope with the vax programme rolled out that’s not going to be the case but of course things can change. The season started in October this year, starting in august would still see us in a better position than we are now and if we have a ‘what if next season’ mindset then why bother starting? 

Assume an august start, we could prioritise league games and be not far off 50% before winter hits.  What is certain there is no ideal scenario but we started and we made it this far with hard work, let’s see it through then nobody can cry foul. 

Edited by Lowerleaguelover

20 minutes ago, Lowerleaguelover said:

The call it early decision was based on uncertainty, stability is more prevalent than it was at that point (thus with vaccines, LL decision taken) and the timescales can work if we want them to. 

hypothetical option;

- if required further 1 or two weeks contact training/friendly matches, takes us to 31st May

If there’s a debate about congested fixtures, happens every year, if there’s a debate about spending anti lockdown time in football, June is still part of the football calendar every year, it’s a small extension. Fairness and transparency, winners win and losers lose.  

Clubs may have agreed to contingency,  not an imposed date on that contingency when a workable solution exists. 

Lots and lots of solutions. I thought that’s what the Management Board were responsible for ,,,,,

31 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

Lots and lots of solutions. I thought that’s what the Management Board were responsible for ,,,,,

"The Board have decided... to abandon this season's league"

(Unless the date for adult contact sport is brought forward by a significant margin).

20210405_211816.jpg

54 minutes ago, Lowerleaguelover said:

hypothetical option;

Currently there are a number of teams able to non contact train with most if not all players in attendance due to geographical location. Others are unable to train as the playing squad made up from players coming from a number of different local authority regions. This restriction not due to open up until 26th April, leaving some teams 4 if not 6 weeks ahead in terms of fitness. How do you factor this into fairness and equality of preparation? 

I've got to laugh at some saying it's all about self preservation on here.

Looking at the EoS Premier theres 18 teams.I think me and Magoo are the only WW posters. We dont speak on behalf of the club.

Of the 17 other clubs there is virtually nowt from LTHV,Nitten,HoB,Tynecastle,Crossgates and Inverkeithing. 

Theres loads of Lithgy fans on here but compared to their large support,its a  tiny percentage of that support.

Musselburgh and Tranent also have big followings,again only one or two voicing there opinions for their clubs on here.

As for the other leagues you'll find it hard to even find a poster supporting a club.

The point I'm getting at here is theres a helluva lot more to the EoSFA than a few petty squabbles on pie and bovril where all member clubs will rightfully have their say.

So aye Burnieman might be shouting from the rooftops for Blackburn,likewise myself for WW or the lad from Dunbar for that matter but we're no hiding behind any names slating other clubs on here.

Jeezo one lad on here does nae fancy starting up again and hes even been abused. 

Will I be disappointed if WW go down on ppg,of course I will but at the end of the day it's only a game. 

The EoSFA have been around for a long long time and won't be influenced by a handful on here. That is one thing that is guaranteed here.

At the end of the day we should all be thankful we are all healthy and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel in getting on top of this horrible disease. 

20 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

"The Board have decided... to abandon this season's league"

(Unless the date for adult contact sport is brought forward by a significant margin).

20210405_211816.jpg

That’s my mantra - it’s down on paper in blue and white. Kind of hard to argue against. 
It’s good enough for me,,,

Many thanks for that little Pearl Chie Dail, priceless.

Edited by Malty Guy
Cap

6 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

That’s my mantra - it’s down on paper in blue and white. Kind of hard to argue against. 
It’s good enough for me,,,

I think words like “in all likelihood” leave it a little open.

They also say “a final decision will be made by the board”.

Nothing the EOSFL have come out and said lately seems to unequivocally state null and void will be the outcome. I think it looks more like they have given themselves some breathing space to evaluate everything and give the leagues the best possible chance to conclude in some format.

In fact, reading that it seems that Null & Void is the absolute last thing the EOSFL board want and any viable alternative to conclude the season will correctly be considered.

Just now, Allan C said:

There it is...... 17 pages of if's buts and maybe's later and we need to wait to see the Scottish government 's announcement tomorrow. What a waste of energy that was.

Point well made Allan ... haha.

But it’s not like we’ve got anywhere else to be!!

The sooner we all get back to watching football instead of talking about it the better! 

1 minute ago, Allan C said:

There it is...... 17 pages of if's buts and maybe's later and we need to wait to see the Scottish government 's announcement tomorrow. What a waste of energy that was.

That seems to be why Dundonald spent the holiday weekend trying to round up support for an alternative to null and void.

1 minute ago, Allan C said:

You’ve got to stand up for your self/ your club - as quoted earlier by Newcastle Brown in his recent post.

Hope you keep speaking up. 

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I've got to laugh at some saying it's all about self preservation on here.

Looking at the EoS Premier theres 18 teams.I think me and Magoo are the only WW posters. We dont speak on behalf of the club.

Of the 17 other clubs there is virtually nowt from LTHV,Nitten,HoB,Tynecastle,Crossgates and Inverkeithing. 

Theres loads of Lithgy fans on here but compared to their large support,its a  tiny percentage of that support.

Musselburgh and Tranent also have big followings,again only one or two voicing there opinions for their clubs on here.

As for the other leagues you'll find it hard to even find a poster supporting a club.

The point I'm getting at here is theres a helluva lot more to the EoSFA than a few petty squabbles on pie and bovril where all member clubs will rightfully have their say.

So aye Burnieman might be shouting from the rooftops for Blackburn,likewise myself for WW or the lad from Dunbar for that matter but we're no hiding behind any names slating other clubs on here.

Jeezo one lad on here does nae fancy starting up again and hes even been abused. 

Will I be disappointed if WW go down on ppg,of course I will but at the end of the day it's only a game. 

The EoSFA have been around for a long long time and won't be influenced by a handful on here. That is one thing that is guaranteed here.

At the end of the day we should all be thankful we are all healthy and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel in getting on top of this horrible disease. 

From (in my opinion) one of the best and most knowledgeable posters on P&B at our grade (incl LL) 👍

14 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:

Point well made Allan ... haha.

But it’s not like we’ve got anywhere else to be!!

The sooner we all get back to watching football instead of talking about it the better! 

Of course, if it’s safe, sensible and legal to do so.