Premier Relegation spots

Just now, Anychance said:

Yes the teams in the conferences would be impacted as it was agreed there would be a first division 

there is teams in the conferences that are having to pander to the old junior teams season after season the eos should start looking after there own teams who have been members for years 

Wow.

2 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Yes the teams in the conferences would be impacted as it was agreed there would be a first division 

there is teams in the conferences that are having to pander to the old junior teams season after season the eos should start looking after there own teams who have been members for years 

Just a mild demonstration of protectionism.

I had to read that twice - I didn’t believe what I’d read there!!!

Edited by Malty Guy
?

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

You're being pedantic now.  We'll leave it there as your "solutions" are becoming even more desperate.

Desperate is wanting to end a league to save your skin. I understand it but you are not going to have a balanced discussion when it’s so obvious that you’d rather the majority suffer to preserve your teams Premier League status.

Equally, arguing blindly that PPG is the solution would obviously be wrong.

Options being tabled that are workable would be considered sensible by level headed people. 
Surely even you would agree that concluding the season that’s currently underway is the fairest way to crown champs and relegate the poorest performers? If possible why not consider it if it is the best solution for the majority?

The so called “best league in the world” paused their season and then restarted it and allowed teams to finish a season and crown champions and relegate the lowest points scorers. They then had a short break and restarted with a new season.

The pause option here is similar.

I personally would hate to see Tranent/ Jeanfield/Penicuik etc miss out in an opportunity to take a Lowland League spot because of a narrow minded viewpoint that preserves the poorer teams in leagues but fails to reward the best performers.

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Who is getting punished with the season not even a third done?

I’d say Leith, Luncarty and Jeanfield to name 3. And that’s just on a PPG basis.

If they can conclude the season which I think should be a priority. Then Tranent would be up there as favourites given points are in the bag.

Heriot Watt likewise.

There’s also an argument to say teams such as Musselburgh, Linlithgow, Broxburn etc may prefer to play Vale of Leithen in the next season as they would view them as weaker than Tranent, Jeanfield or Penicuik.

(Note, I’m using examples of the best PPG based teams. Not intending on offending any teams I’m not throwing into the promotion mix)

Edited by themillerman1979

I haven't seen this mentioned in the discussions so far but a consideration for those looking to cram in fixtures to complete the season.
One of the last EoS matches to be completed before the current lockdown resulted in a full team and officials having to isolate.  If this were to happen again in any restarted season then the frequency of fixtures could mean that 2, 4 or 6 squads could have to isolate depending on when a player tests positive. Of course players knew this at the start of the seaosn but the reality of having to miss work because of a football match was quite a reality check for some of the players involved.

Just now, themillerman1979 said:

Desperate is wanting to end a league to save your skin. I understand it but you are not going to have a balanced discussion when it’s so obvious that you’d rather the majority suffer to preserve your teams Premier League status.

I think we're done here.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think we're done here.

No problem. Enjoy you’re evening.

Certainly hope I’ve not caused any offence and wish you and Blackburn the best going forward.

Regardless of how all this pans out, hopefully everyone realises getting back to playing football in front of fans is a success regardless of what the leagues look like.

8 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Unfortunately not PPG disadvantaged me last season and I don’t benefit this year either 

I want structure and a first division that was agreed 

Aye right;

You said it,, nobody put words on your page.

5 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:

No problem. Enjoy you’re evening.

Certainly hope I’ve not caused any offence and wish you and Blackburn the best going forward.

Regardless of how all this pans out, hopefully everyone realises getting back to playing football in front of fans is a success regardless of what the leagues look like.

None of this is a situation anyone wanted to be in.  The board are in a difficult posiiton but did put in place contingencies to deal with it.  I don't see any reason to deviate from that.   Some will disagree and they're entitled to do that, I'm sure the board have had plenty feedback since the DB email.  Enjoy your evening.

2 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Self preservation my friend. You’re not willing to accept any proposals. Excuse after excuse to keep a club that for the last 2 seasons are clearly out of their depth in the top tier. 

You do realise that there is already a plan which was agreed by all clubs to deal with this exact situation?  now that some clubs see an opportunity they're rattling the cage. Self preservation or naked opportunism?   Another troll who has something to win by causing ructions.

Edited by Burnieman

21 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Who is being punished with PPG?

The team he supports, hence all the gymnastics to try and justify not wanting to call the league now on PPG or not wanting to go back and try to get to 50% of games played.

Reminds me of him saying the Scottish Cup should be closed off to clubs without a license, the same week Blackburn got their license 😂

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The team he supports, hence all the gymnastics to try and justify not wanting to call the league now on PPG or not wanting to go back and try to get to 50% of games played.

Reminds me of him saying the Scottish Cup should be closed off to clubs without a license, the same week Blackburn got their license 😂

No gymnastics Mallo weirdo, just backing the EoS board on the contingency agreed last year.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

No gymnastics Mallo weirdo, just backing the EoS board on the contingency agreed last year.

It's genuinely fine to say you just want what's best for your individual club without this mad drive to look like you're being altruistic lol

I'd love League One to only go 18 games rather than 22 cause it would probably benefit Falkirk. I wouldn't be posting screeds and screeds kidding on it was because I thought it was best for football as a whole.

Edited by Marshmallo

Just now, Marshmallo said:

It's genuinely fine to say you just want what's best for your individual club without this mad drive to look like you're being altruistic lol

I'd love League One to only go 18 games rather than 22 cause it would probably benefit Falkirk. I wouldn't be posting screeds and screeds kidding on it was because I thought it was best for football as a whole.

If I wanted what is best for the club I'd take relegation to a 16 team First Division as opposed to repeating a third season in the Premier where we could struggle again, but that's probably not a view shared by the club or players and I can live with that.   It's also not on offer.

As for your second part, that can equally be levelled at those desperately wanting board decisions overturned to suit their own agenda, setting up new ID's for that purpose. At no point have I said null and void is "best for football as a whole" you just made that up as usual in your attempts to have a pathetic pop even though you have zero interest.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As for your second part, that can equally be levelled at those desperately wanting board decisions overturned to suit their own agenda, setting up new ID's for that purpose. 

Obviously, but none of them are doing it with a holier than thou tone and acting as the sole voice of authority because they believe they're some sort of pyramid Influencer 😂

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Obviously, but none of them are doing it with a holier than thou tone and acting as the sole voice of authority because they believe they're some sort of pyramid Influencer 😂

Weird.