Premier Relegation spots

1 hour ago, Lowerleaguelover said:

For you or others who have well-being concerns then I feel for you. If that’s your concern with the situation, come early June when pre season demands 3 times per week attendance, the pandemic landscape will not have significantly changed in terms of all players and officials being vaccinated. If that view is shared with a large number then we are not ready for a new season and we have bigger concerns than the current campaign. 

We're on course to have offered every adult a first vaccine by the start of July (perhaps a wee bit earlier).  That is significantly different from mid-May. So if some peoples concerns are about playing/volunteering whilst unvaccinated, then it's a valid concern that would lessen come July.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Maybe football just isn’t for you?

If my employer decides ive to go back into the office then I don’t get to say “maybe after the summer so I can have a holiday cos I don’t fancy playing 3 games in a week”

(those same players have played 3-4 games a week for years in junior leagues to catch up.) 

What about those players in the EoS who aren't "employed" and play for expenses only?

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

See, I find it surprising that a club who flip flopped like a demented fish between staying Junior or going to the EoS, U-turning more than once and only at the last minute reluctantly joining, are now imploring everyone to look at the bigger picture and preaching what is good for the Pyramid.

Forgive me if that sticks in throat a wee bit.

Especially when one of his main worries about not including all teams in his original email, is the thought of Not getting a free pint of beer from hospitality 😏

Guess the only safe way out of this would be to not relegate anyone, if PPG means someone goes up - it's not great I know, we just have to write this season off and hopefully return much better for 21/22. If all adults get jabbed twice by August, and people get tested regularly, then I think we should just give it a go. No answer that suits everyone, again.

22 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:

Good point Truthteller. Definitely a different landscape coming up football wise.

But I may be missing something with regards to the other points being made regarding returning to playing. Are these not the same group of players who played between Sep - Dec and had to get a professional exemption? If it’s a big deal for them now, why wasn’t it the case back then?

Appreciate that a small number of individuals will have different circumstances but generally are we all not operating on a similar basis?

To say things were clear, concise and everyone had a full understanding of the potential scenarios that could evolve over the course of the e season is nowhere near a fair representation.

It has to be said and commended - the new kids on the block at the WoS got things a lot better than we did. 
To introduce punitive measures when basic personal safety - and let’s not underestimate the unfortunate death count here are significant. All for the sake of as pointless season. Get a grip

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

See, I find it surprising that a club who flip flopped like a demented fish between staying Junior or going to the EoS, U-turning more than once and only at the last minute reluctantly joining, are now imploring everyone to look at the bigger picture and preaching what is good for the Pyramid.

Forgive me if that sticks in throat a wee bit.

I have a Similar feeling  to your constant preaching about what’s good for the pyramid as long as it suits Blackburn.  

what will be will be.

Edited by bluebell1

It seems that there is just no real reasoning with some on here that expect part time players (most of whom at this level play for little more than expenses only so are very far removed from being the employees cited in an earlier example) and volunteers (who do all manner of jobs big and small behind the scenes for nothing more of a reward than getting to see a team representing their community play) to simply suck it up and play, train, play, train and play again once lockdown regulations are eased sufficiently because that’s just what they signed up for - begone the pesky necessities of life that surround a return to work for many, a re-engagement with family near and far and a return to normality with their nearest and dearest.

“I can’t do this with my wife or partner or mum or dad or son or daughter as I’m playing a game, I can’t do that with my wife or partner or mum or dad or son or daughter as I’m training”. This or that being something they haven’t been able to do for many months because of rules that have proscribed them from doing so. Put those every day, normal things they have longed for on hold, indeed continue to put their close families lives on hold, because someone who won’t sacrifice any such return to normality demands that they squeeze umpteen games of football in instead for that someone’s enjoyment and for that someone’s idea as to how the football pyramid should look and look ASAP.

Wow, tell you what - let’s just quickly redefine the word selfish too.

Just now, bluebell1 said:

I have a Similar feeling  to your constant preaching about what’s good for the pyramid as long as it suits Blackburn.  

what will be will be.

we are where we are

I'm preaching we abide by contingencies that all clubs agreed to at the start of the season and again in February.  My conscience is clear, I'm not sure yours is.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm preaching we abide by contingencies that all clubs agreed to at the start of the season and again in February.  My conscience is clear, I'm not sure yours is.

Please be assured my conscience is also clear, we will agree to disagree on the way forward. 

15 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

To say things were clear, concise and everyone had a full understanding of the potential scenarios that could evolve over the course of the e season is nowhere near a fair representation.

It has to be said and commended - the new kids on the block at the WoS got things a lot better than we did. 
To introduce punitive measures when basic personal safety - and let’s not underestimate the unfortunate death count here are significant. All for the sake of as pointless season. Get a grip

Genuine question, as I don’t know the answer, was the same option not available to the EOSFL clubs to withdraw without punishment?

As for pointless season. I think that’s incredibly derisory to the many hardworking volunteers, coaches and players who have put a lot of effort into the season to date.

The more you post the more obvious it is that you are representing a team which would face relegation as a result of closing out the season using PPG. I understand your fears of course and equally the appetite of the Luncarty’s, Leiths and Jeanfield to vote for this. 

As I said earlier, I would imagine the response and resulting action from the EOSFL will be based around common sense and what’s best for the majority of the clubs and the set up as a whole, not just those who stand to gain or lose out of this in the short term.

21 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

We're on course to have offered every adult a first vaccine by the start of July (perhaps a wee bit earlier).  That is significantly different from mid-May. So if some peoples concerns are about playing/volunteering whilst unvaccinated, then it's a valid concern that would lessen come July.

One month after the start of the return to training, some will have had one dose.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If well-being is genuinely an issue, a new season shouldn’t start till sep/Oct. 

But it’s not really what you are concerned about is it...

Just now, Lowerleaguelover said:

One month after the start of the return to training, some will have had one dose.

If well-being is genuinely an issue, a new season shouldn’t start till sep/Oct. 

But it’s not really what you are concerned about is it...

You claimed nothing would significantly change re vaccinations, I pointed out that's completely false.  the first dose provides the majority of the protection.

So, what club are you involved with?  I'm Blackburn United, what skin in the game do you have or do you just want to hide behind a newly registed ID?

10 minutes ago, Sidney Lumet said:

It seems that there is just no real reasoning with some on here that expect part time players (most of whom at this level play for little more than expenses only so are very far removed from being the employees cited in an earlier example) and volunteers (who do all manner of jobs big and small behind the scenes for nothing more of a reward than getting to see a team representing their community play) to simply suck it up and play, train, play, train and play again once lockdown regulations are eased sufficiently because that’s just what they signed up for - begone the pesky necessities of life that surround a return to work for many, a re-engagement with family near and far and a return to normality with their nearest and dearest.

“I can’t do this with my wife or partner or mum or dad or son or daughter as I’m playing a game, I can’t do that with my wife or partner or mum or dad or son or daughter as I’m training”. This or that being something they haven’t been able to do for many months because of rules that have proscribed them from doing so. Put those every day, normal things they have longed for on hold, indeed continue to put their close families lives on hold, because someone who won’t sacrifice any such return to normality demands that they squeeze umpteen games of football in instead for that someone’s enjoyment and for that someone’s idea as to how the football pyramid should look and look ASAP.

Wow, tell you what - let’s just quickly redefine selfish too.

Seems an extreme viewpoint. If they are simply volunteers or players playing for nothing but expenses then surely if something was more important then they just don’t play.

They’re decision in this instance is the same whether or not the season is concluded or Null and Void as they aren’t playing regardless.

If playing out the season sensibly is an option surely the majority of clubs would vote for that?

By sensibly I mean 2-3 games a week to replace the 3 times a week every team at this level meets anyway (train twice and play once). Indeed, come April / May most teams are involved in 2 games per week regularly. 

If that’s not possible due to restrictions, deadlines etc then the two simple options are Null &Void or propose a PPG conclusion to attempt to resolve the current promotion/relegation dilemmas.

But let’s not suggest anyone is being forced to do anything unreasonable in the sense they’d have to play 2 or 3 games per week for 4 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:

Genuine question, as I don’t know the answer, was the same option not available to the EOSFL clubs to withdraw without punishment?

As for pointless season. I think that’s incredibly derisory to the many hardworking volunteers, coaches and players who have put a lot of effort into the season to date.

The more you post the more obvious it is that you are representing a team which would face relegation as a result of closing out the season using PPG. I understand your fears of course and equally the appetite of the Luncarty’s, Leiths and Jeanfield to vote for this. 

As I said earlier, I would imagine the response and resulting action from the EOSFL will be based around common sense and what’s best for the majority of the clubs and the set up as a whole, not just those who stand to gain or lose out of this in the short term.

What’s your definition of a season?

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You claimed nothing would significantly change re vaccinations, I pointed out that's completely false.  the first dose provides the majority of the protection.

So, what club are you involved with?  I'm Blackburn United, what skin in the game do you have or do you just want to hide behind a newly registed ID?

My opinion is my one and isn’t representative of an official club position, it’s ok to give one here isn’t it? 

My position remains, I would like a return and 50% played. I’m sorry if that differs to yours. I support a pyramid and not benefits handed to selected teams, like those getting play off opportunities and those avoiding looming relegation, more than once 😉

I’ve  nothing against your club, great set up, but I think the outcome you prefer suits your agenda, maybe the outcome I support suits mine, but I believe in dialogue to find a better answer than null and void 😉

9 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

I assume you never wrote the email from your club? 

It is very clear who wrote the email you refer to as said before if all clubs want to see it contact me and I will happily discuss or copy them in.  I am the general manager of the bluebell.  

I assume you have an identity also ?

2 minutes ago, themillerman1979 said:

Would you prefer I said “season to date”?

Oh wait, I did!

I’m still waiting on your definition. Smoke and mirrors,,,, I’ve around too long to be distracted by that technique.

Please define a season,,,, simples 

Just now, Lowerleaguelover said:

My opinion is my one and isn’t representative of an official club position, it’s ok to give one here isn’t it? 

My position remains, I would like a return and 50% played. I’m sorry if that differs to yours. I support a pyramid and not benefits handed to selected teams, like those getting play off opportunities and those avoiding looming relegation, more than once 😉

I’ve  nothing against your club, great set up, but I think the outcome you prefer suits your agenda, maybe the outcome I support suits mine, but I believe in dialogue to find a better answer than null and void 😉

And that’s the viewpoint I think the majority of people with any interest in this will have.

Hence why there’s a discussion on the matter and hence why it seems this will be reviewed by the EOSFL decision makers.