Premier Relegation spots

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
10 minutes ago, Truthteller said:
Nosey was hung by the tip of his tongue emoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.png

Maybe grow a set rather than shit stirring behind a pseudonym.

Just telling the truth 👍
some people can’t handle the truth 🤔

Edited by Truthteller

Just telling the truth [emoji106]
some people can’t handle the truth [emoji848]
I'm not disputing it, but you're clearly an official posting about what happens at EoS meetings, hiding behind the "Truth".

You'll also therefore know that at the last general meeting in February it was again underlined to clubs that if the 17th May date was not moved forward to allow for an earlier resumption, then null and void would be declared. Nobody objected to that.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's the main decision I'm talking about. And in these completely unprecedented times the league organisers and the clubs should be able to go back and reconsider previous decisions without getting abuse for it too, if they feel the need. If they want to change their position based on what other leagues have done then, though I might disagree, I'll respect the position they're in at the moment.

I’m sorry but that’s not how to conduct business. The agreement, understanding and way forward at the start of the season was clearly communicated to all members = 50% or null and void. 
You simply can’t change the agreement after you enter into it.

what goes around, comes around.....

Am I missing something or are most others going down null and void???

5 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

You simply can’t change the agreement after you enter into it.

Of course you can, if that's what seems to be a better solution further down the line and it's what's generally wanted. There's no sense in clinging to past choices at a literally unprecedented time just for the sake of it.

I'm not saying I think they will or that they should, but they ought to be able to do what they think is best given what they know at the time without abuse from fans. 

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Of course you can, if that's what seems to be a better solution further down the line and it's what's generally wanted. There's no sense in clinging to past choices at a literally unprecedented time just for the sake of it.

I'm not saying I think they will or that they should, but they ought to be able to do what they think is best given what they know at the time without abuse from fans. 

You've just gave Burnie a green for saying season should be null and void. Make yer mind up 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not disputing it, but you're clearly an official posting about what happens at EoS meetings, hiding behind the "Truth".

You'll also therefore know that at the last general meeting in February it was again underlined to clubs that if the 17th May date was not moved forward to allow for an earlier resumption, then null and void would be declared. Nobody objected to that.

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

So what you’re saying is that if I go into Asda and buy a pint of milk which states £1 on at the shelf ticket. When I get get charged £5 at the checkout, then that’s perfectly ok because Asda thought it’d be a better and more successful change for them.

i dont follow the logic that you are purporting. 
a deal and an agreement is exactly that.

I’m pretty confident that there’s likely to be someone out there considering a legal position on these matters... and it’s pretty clearly defined what the post season parameters were.

Do you really think that the authorities would cherish such a challenge?

I mean - we are trying to present a degree of professionalism to Junior associations and also to SFA, and here we are with opportunistic members getting right into the ‘What’s in in For Me’ mode. In my eyes not at all Professional. More akin to comedy and slapstick.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

🎣🎣🎣🎣

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Wee bit different this season.

Some clubs have only played 8 games out of 34 and if ppg the champion club aren't even top of the league having only played 9 games. 

A difficult one to call for sure by the EoS committee especially when the other pyramid leagues at the same level called it a day. 

That's the whole point of PPG. Being "top of the league" is meaningless unless all the rivals have played the same number of games.

If at all possible, the teams should get back and play out the season.  

As there is no play off to negotiate there is no time pressure here  (other than the 30th of June and need to get ready for next season)  

so if its 17th may, then so be it.  From 26th April you can travel across boundaries to train, also shouldn't be totally Baltic so can travel in kit etc. 

Start up matches on 22nd may.  play two or three times a week to get to 50% and then call it.

Get a champion based on that 50%, relegate based on 50% and create proper tiers, based on that 50%

No perfect, but better that just ending the season and wasting another year stuck in conferences.

Also a better than even chance that a number of teams will be in tier 2 on 17th may and allowed a crowd in, so why not take advantage of the apples failing where they have?

19 minutes ago, oldandround said:

As there is no play off to negotiate there is no time pressure here  (other than the 30th of June and need to get ready for next season)  

so if its 17th may, then so be it.  From 26th April you can travel across boundaries to train, also shouldn't be totally Baltic so can travel in kit etc. 

Start up matches on 22nd may.  play two or three times a week to get to 50% and then call it.

Get a champion based on that 50%, relegate based on 50% and create proper tiers, based on that 50%

No perfect, but better that just ending the season and wasting another year stuck in conferences.

Also a better than even chance that a number of teams will be in tier 2 on 17th may and allowed a crowd in, so why not take advantage of the apples failing where they have?

👍👍👍👍 Totally agree. It would suit some teams for the season to be called null and void🤔

Edited by Truthteller

25 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Tranent played Dunbar twice taking 4 points. Are you gonnae deduct them 3 points under ppg ? 

Likewise Dunbar are you taking their well earned point of them ? 

Tranent are top of the league having got the points to be there. 

How do you work it ? 

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Totally agree. It would suit some teams for the season to be called null and void[emoji848]
Would suit some clubs to restart and get to 50%, it would suit other clubs to call it now on PPG. There's not an outcome that suits everyone, but a contingency was put in place by the board before the season started to cover this scenario.

Some interesting emails flying around on that latter point re PPG [emoji848]

1 hour ago, oldandround said:

But the very serious question and the one that cannot be answered is which 50% mix of matches. You can’t mix apples and oranges together. 
If it was a simple as every team plays each other once then that may under certain conditions be sort of fair. Then you have the question of how many away v how many home games. 
Im afraid there’s no formula or weighting that can be applied to balance it all out to get an equitable solution. 

Edited by Malty Guy
Grammar

50 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Tranent played Dunbar twice taking 4 points. Are you gonnae deduct them 3 points under ppg ? 

How do you work it ? 

For teams that have played twice, you count the 1st game only and bin the 2nd.  Where it creates an imbalance of home v away, then thats just the way it goes.  Home advantage has hardly been a thing anyway.

Its a dreadful solution I agree.  There are only two that are worse.  Null and void and call it now on PPG.  

There will be winners and losers.  There always are. Thats sport.  There has always been unfairness.  Always dodgy refereeing decisions that affect teams worse than others etc etc.

just the way it is in this most horrible of seasons.  I just dont accept that we just pretend it didnt exist and scrap it all.

There will always be differences of opinion and those who have alternative views.  I have listened to them all, and my view is to play as much football as you can, as soon as you can.

Edited by oldandround

45 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

How do you work it ? 

Exactly - out those 4 points in question : 3 were a rearranged match pulled forward from the seasons second half to infill a cup day.

Dunbar took 1 point off TJFC in the properly arranged fixture.. 

So that scenario becomes Dunbar should have those 3 points and match day excluded from the equation and also TJFC must have those 3  points deducted. 

Always felt 4 relegated was harsh even when played over a full season. There was a scenario where 6 or 7 could have been relegated at one point. For me at least one or two of those relegation slots could have gone to a play off with whatever conference team was next in line.
EOS clearly stated its will be null & void if 50% not reached and this is now very likely. There are way too many problems and the easiest and probably fairest way out may be to bite the bullet and declare n & v.
The one that would cause an absolute firestorm would be to relegate four teams whilst not reaching the 50% required completion. There are too many complications there with some teams having played each other twice.
It's not practical to restart now so let's be sensible and fair, call call it null and void and regroup for next season hopefully starting in July