Premier Relegation spots

On 19/03/2021 at 19:08, Truthteller said:

The clubs at the bottom will be glad to play their “get out of jail free” cards 🤫 to get another chance in the premier 😎

Maybe, it’s just possible that they are in jail because of the external factors that they’ve encountered this year.
Too many factors outwith the control of clubs has led to a truly unique set of circumstances. Yes, as always there’s winners and losers - that’s basic law of life. 
To expect clubs to mange their way through this is madness. 

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's now the WoSFL and SoSFL null and voided on the season. Gives the EoSFL some options to consider when they have to vote on what they're going to do.

EOS the only pyramid league still to restart, wonder if that could make it slightly more likely that the Government might bring forward their resumption date by a few weeks? 

Otherwise contact sport resuming on 17th May gives the EOS 21 days to finish by the expected end date of 6th June.

Unless they extend the season by a week so they can call the leagues, knowing that the 2021-22 season wouldn't need to begin as early with the Premier having two less clubs?

On 13/02/2021 at 00:27, Bundesliga Boy said:

Just curious, is there a possible scenario that could see 6 EOS Premier clubs relegated at the end of this season, ie exactly a third of the league?

For the purpose of this scenario, lets suppose the lower leagues do get the green light to restart.......I've already entered fantasy land territory, this I know.

FWIW, I suspect there wont be a playoff further up the leagues involving a tier 5 overall champion and club 42.  Call me cynical.  But if it did, and if Kelty (for example) lose to either the Highland champs or the club likely to be bottom of League 2 (Brechin), the Lowland would remain at 17 with the almost guarantee of a team being promoted into it.  If the licensed WOS champion, ie Clydebank or Darvel (both trying to get license in time), was to prevail against the EOS champion - and potential SOS champion too, the Lowland would then be at 18 clubs and we know they intend to reduce to 16.

VOL and Edinburgh Uni would likely finish in bottom two spots, and geographically both be sent to the EOS Premier - which would then increase to 20 teams.  This  which would presumably increase further to 22 clubs with the addition of the two EOS Conference champions being promoted into it.

Would they honestly look at binning 6 sides from the top league - which as a one off I would sympathise with, or would they attempt a more pragmatic approach - relegate 4 for example and remain at 18, with the hope that things wouldn't repeat itself next year, and then they could return to the optimum 16 clubs. 

Infact, thinking out loud, what if Brechin had a mini resurgence and Albion Rovers for example fell out League 2 but not replaced by the Lowland Champion.  That would add yet another side to the Lowland and a potential 23rd club to the EOS.  7 sides to be relegated - surely not!

Yes I know, all very hypothetical, and unlikely too so don't need anyone jumping on the bandwagon re that, however the EOS have a duty to plan ahead for the worst possible doomsday scenario and what consequences that could have throughout their pyramid.

Potential crazy times ahead - if we ever get the go ahead!

Yes there is the totally unrealistic potential for 7 clubs to be relegated from the Premier - highly unlikely and only if the planets align in the most bizarre circumstances. But it is a possible scenario. 
The relegation of 6 clubs is a possible outcome. Four seem certain to go.

Maybe the deciding factor is the actual numbers of current applicants that will be granted  access to EoSFL and a bit of reorganisation here and there.

I can see several EOS Board members moving on next season. The current demands on them, together with the fact that whatever they do/agree regarding decisions to current issues, simply cannot possibly make everyone happy.

17 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

Yes there is the totally unrealistic potential for 7 clubs to be relegated from the Premier - highly unlikely and only if the planets align in the most bizarre circumstances. But it is a possible scenario. 
The relegation of 6 clubs is a possible outcome. Four seem certain to go.

Maybe the deciding factor is the actual numbers of current applicants that will be granted  access to EoSFL and a bit of reorganisation here and there.

I can see several EOS Board members moving on next season. The current demands on them, together with the fact that whatever they do/agree regarding decisions to current issues, simply cannot possibly make everyone happy.

The question pertained to this season and was posted (and subsequently answered) nearly 8 weeks ago.

You say nearly 4 are certain to go down, which is interesting, as if rumours are to be believed then it appears this season could well be declared null and void, ergo no changes, so I'm not sure there's much certainty of anything happening until some point next week.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to this year being called on a PPG basis but I can see why that might be a big issue with so many relegation spots at stake and such few games being played.  On the flip side, I'd also have great sympathy with Leith and Luncarty if null and void was the action taken.

Here's hoping that by next season at the latest we'll see the Premier reduced to the preferred 16 club model.

4 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The question pertained to this season and was posted (and subsequently answered) nearly 8 weeks ago.

You say nearly 4 are certain to go down, which is interesting, as if rumours are to be believed then it appears this season could well be declared null and void, ergo no changes, so I'm not sure there's much certainty of anything happening until some point next week.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to this year being called on a PPG basis but I can see why that might be a big issue with so many relegation spots at stake and such few games being played.  On the flip side, I'd also have great sympathy with Leith and Luncarty if null and void was the action taken.

Here's hoping that by next season at the latest we'll see the Premier reduced to the preferred 16 club model.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time,,,

a very difficult situation - but the agreement/understandings at the start of the season was ;

In the summer, pre season start, The EoS clubs voted to get to 50% of games or null and void!

simples,,,, however in most forms of life, what you vote for very seldom turns out to be what you get

I thought i would just give my opinion on this ,

The RULES were discussed and set before we started , The EoS clubs voted to get to 50% of games played  or null and void!

lowland and higland only went PPG TO FRIG/BEND abide by the small print to allow the champs to go to play off and as both champs were the same as last season they did that !! ( even though they too agreed the rules but broke them ) but i think we can all agree for the greater good  getting a team in the play offs was the best option 

As for the EOS ,,,, totally absurd after all this time off to expect all teams to return , thrash in 3 games a week just to get to 50% for PPG to allow a champ and relegation , NO MONEY , NO FANS ,NO CAR SHARE ,NO SHOWERS, Not enough players ( most of our team actually work ) NO EFFING POINT ,,,,,,,,,, 

PPG now means Jeanfield are champs ,,,,,,think its safe too say that stretching it that they are worthy to be champs,,,,,,,,,,if for example Tranent were champs on PPG now i think it would already have been done by now ,,,,,,

Options - 1 and the official sensible only 1 is sadly Null and Void and stop wasting everyones time and lets get on with Next Season 

that being said i dont think anyone wouldnt mind Leith and Luncarty coming up and then sorting relegation out be it 4 or 6 teams the following season 

Option 2 - PPG right now  , Hand it to Jeanfield and no relegation promote Leith and Luncarty and lets just move on  for FKS SAKE PLEASE 

RANT over and good luck to all teams and Players X lets hope next season is a real football season 

14 hours ago, the tin man said:

Teams in Upper regions in league want to come back in May for 6 games probably wid get support for teams in top 6s for no conferences again

Then the following season would have no more than 30 league games as it should be. Sensible outcome at this point given how close things got to 50% games played.

16 hours ago, the tin man said:

Teams in Upper regions in league want to come back in May for 6 games probably wid get support for teams in top 6s for no conferences again

When you say teams , i take it you mean clubs/committee etc and not the Players whom you expect to try playing in these conditions and time scales ,,,, get a life eh 

just move on to next season and stop squabbling over what ifs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On 01/04/2021 at 23:45, Bundesliga Boy said:

As far as I am aware - and I’m pretty confident 99% - that the  agreed precondition at the start of the season was 50%+ or null and void. 
It’s a given that not everyone will be happy,,,it’s also a given that there’s a fairly significant element of unfairness in the actual teams that have played each other. 
Basically, squeaky bum time for a lot of people.

On 02/04/2021 at 15:59, Scrappydoo said:

When you say teams , i take it you mean clubs/committee etc and not the Players whom you expect to try playing in these conditions and time scales ,,,, get a life eh 

just move on to next season and stop squabbling over what ifs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gonny calm down? The volunteers that have to make these decisions aren't trying to get them wrong or piss anyone off. They've got a lot to weigh up and whatever way they go they shouldn't get abuse or criticism for it.

Also, just while I'm here, there's never any need for more than one comma at a time and it doesn't help you make your point.

18 hours ago, GordonS said:

Gonny calm down? The volunteers that have to make these decisions aren't trying to get them wrong or piss anyone off. They've got a lot to weigh up and whatever way they go they shouldn't get abuse or criticism for it.

Also, just while I'm here, there's never any need for more than one comma at a time and it doesn't help you make your point.

What decision? Its 50% or null and void. Clear as day. Only decision is whether there's a restart.

19 minutes ago, Swifty said:

What decision? Its 50% or null and void. Clear as day. Only decision is whether there's a restart.

That's the main decision I'm talking about. And in these completely unprecedented times the league organisers and the clubs should be able to go back and reconsider previous decisions without getting abuse for it too, if they feel the need. If they want to change their position based on what other leagues have done then, though I might disagree, I'll respect the position they're in at the moment.

59 minutes ago, Swifty said:

I don’t recall any decisions or voting being made by the clubs at any meeting, there were only 4 proposals on the table put forward by the fixtures secretary:

full start, a split season, PPG if 50% of the games are played and null & void.

No club commented on the proposals and no votes were cast so I guess the next league meeting will be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Anychance said:

It was the right thing to do last season it benefited and disappointed clubs and will do the same this year 

Wee bit different this season.

Some clubs have only played 8 games out of 34 and if ppg the champion club aren't even top of the league having only played 9 games. 

A difficult one to call for sure by the EoS committee especially when the other pyramid leagues at the same level called it a day. 

I don’t recall any decisions or voting being made by the clubs at any meeting, there were only 4 proposals on the table put forward by the fixtures secretary:
full start, a split season, PPG if 50% of the games are played and null & void.
No club commented on the proposals and no votes were cast so I guess the next league meeting will be interesting.

Interesting. What club were you representing at the meeting Truthy?