Inverness v Queens

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Was scrolling through the fixtures, Scotsman had done an article about who's ref'ing the matches but labelled this game as ICT v Queen of the South v Aberdeen. 

image.png.ebfcd77b1d1afde41c81d5b73191cc19.png

Good luck to all three teams in this first for Scottish football :D 

No you've misunderstood.

The referee in the ICT v QOS match is Victor Aberdeen. A young up and coming referee from Larkhall.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
39 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
No you've misunderstood.
The referee in the ICT v QOS match is Victor Aberdeen. A young up and coming referee from Larkhall.

Feel sorry for poor Aberdeen Wednesday making the trip on for Victor to get the gig.

I think it’s Sheffield Wednesday it will be Aberdeen Bon Accord that will turn up.

Re Tommy Goss.

Certainly from a couple of people I’ve spoken to about him, the cry for him to start is 1) he’s a local lad and 2) he scored 40+ goals in a season in the Southern Counties league - which then led to Gibson taking him to the reserves. But let’s face it, the southern counties league is a glorified amateur league and there’s a massive difference between that league and the one we play in. So the goals in that league doesn’t merit him a start. Also being a local lad doesn’t merit him a start before any loan players. Is he good enough for this division? Who knows, he might not even have been signed if this pandemic never happened and we had to make cut backs. We’ve certainly not seen enough of him to know whether he is good enough at this level. 

I do feel like Goss should get a bit more time, but he hasn't done anything to merit a start yet, and with Johnston's use of substitutions out means there isn't going to be much opportunity for him, unfortunately.

Play like Friday and we've got a decent chance here, hopefully Jones can do to them what Kennedy did to us last time.

I don't think there is a huge clamour for Goss to start games.  There is, or at least should be, a huge clamour for Johnston to start using substitutions more effectively though.

The conversation about Goss only really cropped up after he was brought on with minutes to play against Alloa, a crucial game in which we were losing 2-1 from around the hour mark.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Goss managed to get himself on the scoresheet against Raith after coming on with 10 minutes to play.  Granted the circumstances were different with Raith chasing the game on that occasion.  But it shows he has a goal in him if given the opportunity.

Fast forward a week and we are fighting tooth and nail to hold on to an impressive victory against the runaway leaders.  Does he make some changes to take the sting out of the game and slow things down, you know like every manager in the world would do?  Nah lets wait until after the equaliser then make a couple of changes that are going to have zero effect on proceedings.

Brining Goss or any other substitutes on for a minute at the end of a game does absolutely nothing for their confidence. Really poor management IMO.

I wouldn’t have trusted any of the subs to come on v hearts and do the job as effectively as those playing. The lack of reserve football is probably hampering these players development and chance of impressing, then getting their chance.

On tonight, hope Rhys McCabe is fit enough for bench at least. Can only see Dobbs coming in for Dapo if he’s not available.

55 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone have any team news on the Queens side? No updates on the OS yet. Any chance of Dobbs starting in place of Mebude if he is not available?

I don’t think Dobbie will be anywhere near fit enough to start. He has played about 15 minutes in the last 2 months and that was a month ago.

Edited by Flash

13 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
17 minutes ago, DavidWatt26 said:
Has a team ever released the line-up 10 hours before kick off? 

I wasn't asking about the line up. I was asking who is available.

I know, I was just playing. 

I’d be happy with the same line up that played against Hearts. Not sure if Fitzpatrick is still isolating so he might replace Dapo if Dapo is unavailable. Thought Nortey had a good game vs Hearts so would be content with seeing him keep his place. Buchanan as well, as much as he’s been poor for us - he was solid on Friday night. 

2 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone have any team news on the Queens side? No updates on the OS yet. Any chance of Dobbs starting in place of Mebude if he is not available?

Always a chance especially with limited striker options....