Inverness v Queens

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough. I wasn't really conscious you could pick up and drop at will. I thought if you committed to it you ran with it. Would they be able to run their own feed through Stream AMG though? Or would they need another streaming company?

I think it was still Pixellot when they did our game was it not? I'm sure it was Pixellot I watched but fair point it's not now. Is the camera angle not much the same though or have they got more height in it? Arbroath was the worst I've seen this year in that you couldn't tell who was doing what at the far touchline because the angle was so shallow.

I dont think they'd be able to run their own feed through the SPFL match centre and I dont know if Stream AMG would take it and compete with that. Plenty of other options available though ;) 

Almost certain Arbroath used Pixellot when we played them but they've changed since.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough. I wasn't really conscious you could pick up and drop at will. I thought if you committed to it you ran with it. Would they be able to run their own feed through Stream AMG though? Or would they need another streaming company?

I think it was still Pixellot when they did our game was it not? I'm sure it was Pixellot I watched but fair point it's not now. Is the camera angle not much the same though or have they got more height in it? Arbroath was the worst I've seen this year in that you couldn't tell who was doing what at the far touchline because the angle was so shallow.

Service provided by DLR media I believe. Far superior to pixellot. Now has replays and camera is manned. Up in top 5 for quality.  

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It is DLR. Top 5? I havent seen Dundee but quite likely ahead of ICT, Alloa, Morton and Ayr. So, yeah ... just ;) 

You think? I've been told Morton's coverage is good (not seen it myself) and I liked the Ayr coverage. Unless they've got the camera at a much higher angle then replays or no replays I'd be surprised if Arbroath were a top five set up. I guess we'll see in a fortnight.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You think? I've been told Morton's coverage is good (not seen it myself) and I liked the Ayr coverage. Unless they've got the camera at a much higher angle then replays or no replays I'd be surprised if Arbroath were a top five set up. I guess we'll see in a fortnight.

Mortons was ok. They have two cameras but I didnt think they used them all that well and theres no replays.

Ayr I dont particularly remember other than the low camera and commentary that wasnt great.

So maybe top 5, maybe not!

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Didn't really know the background - not great if its as you say.  Normally, my natural tendency is to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

This is why it is so annoying. We had fans who had done it before to a good standard and were willing to do it again but the club totally ignored that and now seem to be digging their heels in rather than just saying they made a mistake.

I don’t mean to be too harsh on the guy as it’s not his fault. He’s just not a football commentator. There has been no improvement or even an attempt to bring in a co-commentator to try and give him a hand.

When it comes to Pixellot, there seems to be a bit of nailing our colours to the mast with it at the start of the season and being too embarrassed to change it.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the only official word we've had from the club is the CEO claiming 'it wasn't as bad as people made out' and finding the whole thing funny.  Well it's not funny when we've all paid for season tickets and it's barely gotten any better.  

When it comes to the commentator and the whole production, I don't think our expectations are too high.  I'm not expecting some sort of Sky Sports-style extravaganza.  Arbroath are a smaller club than us and their set-up the other week was lightyears better than ours.  Their commentators were good value as well.  Some of the Highland League clubs had a better set-up before their season was halted.  It's been obvious from the first match that this guy isn't a commentator.  Match after match he's gotten the players names wrong, used bizarre football terminology ('penalty arc'?) and is a complete and utter motormouth filling in every silence with mundane facts off Wikipedia.  It's like he's never actually watched a match before.  There now seems to be a degree of smugness about him - he talks as if we're all idiots  and it seems like now he's deliberately trying to be as irritating as possible.  Tonight he told us that we'd had a lot of call-offs lately, it was very cold tonight and that Ghana is a country in Africa!  Does he think we've been in a coma since the last match?

There's loads of fans out there who'd love to help with commentary, streaming and whatever but the club aren't interested and it's no wonder people are turning away.  I said earlier in the thread if this carries on and fans aren't back at the start of next season, I'll not be renewing my season ticket - it's starting to sound like I won't be the only one.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Mortons was ok. They have two cameras but I didnt think they used them all that well and theres no replays.

Ayr I dont particularly remember other than the low camera and commentary that wasnt great.

So maybe top 5, maybe not!

I thought Ayr's commentary was excellent. Girl really seemed to know her stuff and the guy was ok. Camera angle wasn't brilliant either but it was better than Arbroath's (may not be now depending where they film from).

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Unless they've got the camera at a much higher angle then replays or no replays I'd be surprised if Arbroath were a top five set up. I guess we'll see in a fortnight.

Arbroath's coverage the other week for our game was decent.  The camera maybe was a bit low but I suppose they don't have many choices of where to put it.  The commentators were good, both in terms of knowledge and banter, even if they did sound like an audio version of the Broons.  They also had replays, post match interviews and a pre-match/half time interview feature with Paul Sheerin.  I was pretty impressed with their coverage to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought Ayr's commentary was excellent. Girl really seemed to know her stuff and the guy was ok. Camera angle wasn't brilliant either but it was better than Arbroath's (may not be now depending where they film from).

I had a quick look on youtube and the camera is pretty low, and too tight in my opinion anyway, so pretty similar to Ayr from what I remember.

Might still make them top 5, might not.

To be fair, I dont think theres an awful lot between most of the clubs in terms of overall production in the league. Everyone does some things well and others not so and with almost all being run by volunteers there are always going to be reasons behind that.

Apart from ICT, Im afraid :( 

Edited by Mr X

Same reason as the other posts really. The information isnt in the public domain and whoever told him has, I assume or at least hope, told him in confidence, not so he could go running to post it on here.
If his source is identified then they are the ones who'll get the shit for it. I guess "stevie" is ok with that.
That's up to the person not to tell him not you, plenty of other teams post ITK type stuff. Why would you censor that?

3 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:
6 hours ago, Mr X said:
Same reason as the other posts really. The information isnt in the public domain and whoever told him has, I assume or at least hope, told him in confidence, not so he could go running to post it on here.
If his source is identified then they are the ones who'll get the shit for it. I guess "stevie" is ok with that.

That's up to the person not to tell him not you, plenty of other teams post ITK type stuff. Why would you censor that?

Thats fine if the person knows about it. I havent censored anything. 

I've pointed out that I disagree with what he's posting. Much like you've just done

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine they are contractually committed to the SPFL set up with Pixellot and won't be able to change it, although it should be at least possible to adapt it a bit as Alloa have. @LeodhasXD would be the one to know

Don't know about Inverness' agreement to be honest. They might've sold their soul. We got to do what we wanted because we deal straight with pixellot and I did have a decent relationship with their UK lead before he left the company. StreamAMG won't care. I'd imagine they have made their installation fee back by now and have started getting their generous share of the gate money. I don't even want to think about the money being pissed up the wall every week to those guys. Reflects badly on everyone that agreement.

While I'm on it though. Inverness commentator is by far the most bizarre and jarring experience out of everyone in the Championship. I'd prefer to watch Pixellot on mute than listen to him. Why they didn't stick with what they had in terms of audio commentary is another glaring error.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Probably not the right thread for it but my personal chart of Championship PPVs:

1) Raith Rovers - easily the best I have used so far. Picture quality, commentary replays all good! No hesitation in recommending it to others. Pre match and half time features IIRC.
2) Dunfermline - Not too bad at all. Solo commentator so not as good as Arbroath and others below but the quality of the picture was good, decent view of the pitch and replays.
3) Arbroath - good picture quality, commentary knowledgeable but relaxed and quite funny. Replays also thrown in. Also had pre and HT interviews.
4) Morton - picture quality not great but we had replays, pillars of the stand in the way however commentary was reasonable if a bit Falkirk TV at times.
5) Alloa - lost the stream for the second half. Commentary and picture quality for the first half was better than ICT.
6) ICT - absolute pish. Picture quality is poor (seems awfully grainy), no replays, commentary poor, camera tracking still flawed even if it is meant to be manually operated now. We are doing the bare minimum compared to everyone else in this league and it shows.

N/A - Hearts (didn't use it and found a stream online) and QotS (game was on BBC).

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I highlighted lots of bits on here but generally I found it quite amusing (although I did scream Joseph at the screen every time he said East was getting booked in the last minute, and he did say it at least 4 times!). I imagine it gets tiresome to listen to so much wrong every week though.

Exactly. Away fans find it amusing because for them it’s a one off.
For us who’ve sat through it since day one with the baldy linesman, complained to the club and been ignored, we’re fucking angry.

Just seen the goal again. Joseph controlled the ball well with his first touch and went by the first ICT guy like he wasn’t there. What is more interesting is that Norte started deep in his own half and sprinted 40/50 metres to be there for the pass. Two ICT players seemed to be jogging back until Norte was ahead of them and by then it was too late. It was still a great pass from Joseph and a tidy finish.

Sorry I can’t name the ICT players, I’ll let one of the ICT fans do the honours. It was typical of the many goals we were conceding until the turn of the year, good attacking play but woeful defending.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Probably not the right thread for it but my personal chart of Championship PPVs:

1) Raith Rovers - easily the best I have used so far. Picture quality, commentary replays all good! No hesitation in recommending it to others. Pre match and half time features IIRC.
2) Dunfermline - Not too bad at all. Solo commentator so not as good as Arbroath and others below but the quality of the picture was good, decent view of the pitch and replays.
3) Arbroath - good picture quality, commentary knowledgeable but relaxed and quite funny. Replays also thrown in. Also had pre and HT interviews.
4) Morton - picture quality not great but we had replays, pillars of the stand in the way however commentary was reasonable if a bit Falkirk TV at times.
5) Alloa - lost the stream for the second half. Commentary and picture quality for the first half was better than ICT.
6) ICT - absolute pish. Picture quality is poor (seems awfully grainy), no replays, commentary poor, camera tracking still flawed even if it is meant to be manually operated now. We are doing the bare minimum compared to everyone else in this league and it shows.

N/A - Hearts (didn't use it and found a stream online) and QotS (game was on BBC).

Ours is pretty much the same as Dunfermline but with 2 commentators and £2 cheaper. It's the exact same streaming system. I've only actually watched it once as I'm usually at the game but it seems to go down very well with other club's fans. Commentators are knowledgeable and reasonably impartial. Camera-work is (generally) great although the game I watched the tripod broke in the first half which caused real problems for about 10 mins. We have replays and a clear view of the pitch with no obstructions. In the last 2 or 3 weeks we've added a half time interview feature where one of the commentators has recorded an interview with one of the players through the week in advance which fills the interval nicely. The only minor criticism I think you could make is that it's quite late in actually starting commentary at about 2 or 3 mins before kickoff and there's no pre-match entertainment other than silent footage of the warm ups for about half an hour.

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

Just seen the goal again. Joseph controlled the ball well with his first touch and went by the first ICT guy like he wasn’t there. What is more interesting is that Norte started deep in his own half and sprinted 40/50 metres to be there for the pass. Two ICT players seemed to be jogging back until Norte was ahead of them and by then it was too late. It was still a great pass from Joseph and a tidy finish.

Sorry I can’t name the ICT players, I’ll let one of the ICT fans do the honours. It was typical of the many goals we were conceding until the turn of the year, good attacking play but woeful defending.

I noted that at the time. Nortey isn't even one of our quicker players but he burst past the two Inverness players very easily. Not sure if they showed no urgency or are just very slow. One is Deas who to be fair has had to pick himself up off the floor first after diving into a stupid challenge but the main offender is Allardice who is very slow to react to the situation.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Exactly. Away fans find it amusing because for them it’s a one off.
For us who’ve sat through it since day one with the baldy linesman, complained to the club and been ignored, we’re fucking angry.

Yep.  The main issue here is not just the dreadful PPV, it's the attitude of the club.  Before the start of the season, the CEO said the fans had been 'fantastic' in renewing season tickets.  Well, they've been treated like dirt since.  Don't forget, we've bought a season ticket and as a result are paying more per game than those who didn't buy one and are paying £10 a game.  This is of course after the club asked people to pay the price for a regular season-sized season ticket and asking us not to ask for a refund on last year's one as a 'donation'.

The club used to wonder why crowds were dropping and the answer is very clear - people just don't feel wanted.  What kind of club hails it's fans as fantastic and then gives them the bare minimum?  The standard of the product reflects what the club feel the fans deserve.  

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Yep.  The main issue here is not just the dreadful PPV, it's the attitude of the club.  Before the start of the season, the CEO said the fans had been 'fantastic' in renewing season tickets.  Well, they've been treated like dirt since.  Don't forget, we've bought a season ticket and as a result are paying more per game than those who didn't buy one and are paying £10 a game.  This is of course after the club asked people to pay the price for a regular season-sized season ticket and asking us not to ask for a refund on last year's one as a 'donation'.

The club used to wonder why crowds were dropping and the answer is very clear - people just don't feel wanted.  What kind of club hails it's fans as fantastic and then gives them the bare minimum?  The standard of the product reflects what the club feel the fans deserve.  

You've been well warned about the CEO. I won't labour the point, but it's shocking mismanagement from your owner to appoint a guy that's been punted from both clubs he's been at previous for incompetence and with Dundee, had an extremely negative relationship with the fan base.

One can but hope your owner susses him out before he causes real damage as opposed to what are easily rectified issues like the above!

You've been well warned about the CEO. I won't labour the point, but it's shocking mismanagement from your owner to appoint a guy that's been punted from both clubs he's been at previous for incompetence and with Dundee, had an extremely negative relationship with the fan base.
One can but hope your owner susses him out before he causes real damage as opposed to what are easily rectified issues like the above!
Send him our way, he'd fit right in.