Inverness v Queens

Four points from the last two games is a great return. I wasn’t expecting anything from them.

Up to fifth as well, albeit with more games played than everyone around us.

Still, the points are the board, so we have to be happy with that tonight.

Great result - it wasn’t pretty but what an effort from a really depleted squad. Some great performances tonight - Gibson again was terrific, CBs did well, Nortey and McGrory were everywhere and Joseph did brilliantly for the goal.

Some of our resident P and B “experts” will no doubt find fault with the Manager again making no allowance whatsoever for the scale of the task he has had in building a squad in the first place and now having to deal with an unprecedented injury list. A long way to go but a huge result tonight.
Lets not sour the mood after a great performance and result but also let's not kid on there's not been more shite than good on show from us this season.

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Four points from the last two games is a great return. I wasn’t expecting anything from them.

Up to fifth as well, albeit with more games played than everyone around us.

Still, the points are the board, so we have to be happy with that tonight.

Thats a good point. In some ways it looks a false position because of the extra games played but not every team around us can win their games in hand

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:
Great result - it wasn’t pretty but what an effort from a really depleted squad. Some great performances tonight - Gibson again was terrific, CBs did well, Nortey and McGrory were everywhere and Joseph did brilliantly for the goal.

Some of our resident P and B “experts” will no doubt find fault with the Manager again making no allowance whatsoever for the scale of the task he has had in building a squad in the first place and now having to deal with an unprecedented injury list. A long way to go but a huge result tonight.

Lets not sour the mood after a great performance and result but also let's not kid on there's not been more shite than good on show from us this season.

Result all that matters could not care how we play as long as we win .

We had 6 key players out tonight this is our best result of the season 

19 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

I don't think there's any doubt about that. He pretty much acknowledged that in his commentary tonight when he said 'so I'm here to annoy you'. 

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thought he was amusing at first but it got a bit annoying as the match went on.  But then again I'm sure he's a volunteer and I'm damned sure I'd be worse if I tried it - so hate to criticise too much.

I don't care if he's a volunteer, we've persevered with a guy who doesn't support the club, is unprofessional, doesn't seem to know the first thing about the club or football and seems to treat it all just as a laugh.  Don't forget, the fans have paid for this.  The only acknowledgement we've had from the club about the coverage is the CEO saying it 'wasn't that bad' and finding it hilarious.  It's not good enough.  If we don't have fans back at the start of next season, I'll not be renewing my season ticket.  I'm not paying £200+ for another season of that.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I don't care if he's a volunteer, we've persevered with a guy who doesn't support the club, is unprofessional, doesn't seem to know the first thing about the club or football and seems to treat it all just as a laugh.  Don't forget, the fans have paid for this.  The only acknowledgement we've had from the club about the coverage is the CEO saying it 'wasn't that bad' and finding it hilarious.  It's not good enough.  If we don't have fans back at the start of next season, I'll not be renewing my season ticket.  I'm not paying £200+ for another season of that.

Didn't really know the background - not great if its as you say.  Normally, my natural tendency is to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Yep I'd feel the same if it was my club. Thankfully we have an excellent service.

A number of classic moments for me. 

1. Describing events from the last game at the exact time ICT were firing a corner into the danger area. WTF.

2. As stated earlier, I'll just check Twitter to see if there have been any changes at HT. Deary me.

The stunning lack of creativity in this team was on full display tonight. We might have been missing players but so were QotS so I am not having that as an excuse. Storey and Mackay, whilst willing and hard working on the flanks did not create enough throughout the time they were on the pitch to have us in a more comfortable position. A good cross by Mackay in the first half which found Storey who saw his effort deflect over / wide was as good as it got. When MacGregor came on later on and popped up on the left side he was continuously looking to cut back in on his right and with no support down the left side he was easily nullified.  Keatings, despite a nice effort from a free kick in the second half, was largely anonymous and there was a huge gap between him as the 10 and the 6 and 8 at the base of the middle triangle. 

Defensively I thought we were mostly fine save for the moment that mattered. Grim defending and after that Queens sat back with 9 men behind the ball and challenged an insipid ICT, who had struggled to break them down for most of the game prior to the goal, to work their way through a superbly drilled defensive line. Needless to say it did not go well for us although Harper put in a nice ball for Toddy who probably should have scored.  Apart from that though...

For all our possession, as alluded to above, we did previous little with it and as such I cannot begrudge Queens the win. Maybe if we had created numerous great chances and Ferguson had pulled off a string of saves then I might feel aggrieved at being "robbed" but from the small number of really good chances we did have I cannot recall him being overly troubled.

The streaming though - josemourinho.jpg. From the mobile going off, to regularly getting ICT players wrong (I won't criticise him for not getting all the Queens players right as I wouldn't do much better in fairness), the garbage quality of the camera itself....it just reeks of doing stuff on the cheap as has been the case with us for some time now and, based on the reaction on social media, it's seeing a lot of fans turn on the club. They've had weeks to improve the offering. The camera used for highlights offers significantly better picture quality and has been tested for streaming yet it remains unused as the main match camera for seemingly no reason. 

I'm off to edit Wikipedia pages about Alloa players to see what made up rubbish appears in next weeks commentary...

Edited by RiG

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm sure I have a vague recollection of Narey's Toepoker doing an audio commentary. It was really good.

This is why it is so annoying. We had fans who had done it before to a good standard and were willing to do it again but the club totally ignored that and now seem to be digging their heels in rather than just saying they made a mistake.

I don’t mean to be too harsh on the guy as it’s not his fault. He’s just not a football commentator. There has been no improvement or even an attempt to bring in a co-commentator to try and give him a hand.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

This is why it is so annoying. We had fans who had done it before to a good standard and were willing to do it again but the club totally ignored that and now seem to be digging their heels in rather than just saying they made a mistake.

I don’t mean to be too harsh on the guy as it’s not his fault. He’s just not a football commentator. There has been no improvement or even an attempt to bring in a co-commentator to try and give him a hand.

I imagine they are contractually committed to the SPFL set up with Pixellot and won't be able to change it, although it should be at least possible to adapt it a bit as Alloa have. @LeodhasXD would be the one to know.

The co-commentator thing is a really obvious thing to fix to improve it a bit though, fill silences, get a bit of knowledge. I thought the guy was ok to be honest. I highlighted lots of bits on here but generally I found it quite amusing (although I did scream Joseph at the screen every time he said East was getting booked in the last minute, and he did say it at least 4 times!). I imagine it gets tiresome to listen to so much wrong every week though. Him not being able to see the pitch directly and look beyond the camera to what's actually happening doesn't help him either.

It's certainly the worst streaming set up in the League though. I think I can confidently say that without having seen Dundee yet. It's probably only marginally worse than Arbroath because their commentary is better. Their pictures are worse though, mainly because their stand isn't high enough to offer a proper view.

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

The stunning lack of creativity in this team was on full display tonight. We might have been missing players but so were QotS so I am not having that as an excuse. Storey and Mackay, whilst willing and hard working on the flanks did not create enough throughout the time they were on the pitch to have us in a more comfortable position. A good cross by Mackay in the first half which found Storey who saw his effort deflect over / wide was as good as it got. When MacGregor came on later on and popped up on the left side he was continuously looking to cut back in on his right and with no support down the left side he was easily nullified.  Keatings, despite a nice effort from a free kick in the second half, was largely anonymous and there was a huge gap between him as the 10 and the 6 and 8 at the base of the middle triangle. 

Defensively I thought we were mostly fine save for the moment that mattered. Grim defending and after that Queens sat back with 9 men behind the ball and challenged an insipid ICT, who had struggled to break them down for most of the game prior to the goal, to work their way through a superbly drilled defensive line. Needless to say it did not go well for us although Harper put in a nice ball for Toddy who probably should have scored.  Apart from that though...

For all our possession, as alluded to above, we did previous little with it and as such I cannot begrudge Queens the win. Maybe if we had created numerous great chances and Ferguson had pulled off a string of saves then I might feel aggrieved at being "robbed" but from the small number of really good chances we did have I cannot recall him being overly troubled.

The streaming though - josemourinho.jpg. From the mobile going off, to regularly getting ICT players wrong (I won't criticise him for not getting all the Queens players right as I wouldn't do much better in fairness), the garbage quality of the camera itself....it just reeks of doing stuff on the cheap as has been the case with us for some time now and, based on the reaction on social media, it's seeing a lot of fans turn on the club. They've had weeks to improve the offering. The camera used for highlights offers significantly better picture quality and has been tested for streaming yet it remains unused as the main match camera for seemingly no reason. 

I'm off to edit Wikipedia pages about Alloa players to see what made up rubbish appears in next weeks commentary...

It would only be on the cheap if they had to buy lots of equipment to do the stream themselves. As you said, they've done test streams with existing equipment.

The club would make a reasonable amount more by not using the SPFL system.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine they are contractually committed to the SPFL set up with Pixellot and won't be able to change it, although it should be at least possible to adapt it a bit as Alloa have. @LeodhasXD would be the one to know.

The co-commentator thing is a really obvious thing to fix to improve it a bit though, fill silences, get a bit of knowledge. I thought the guy was ok to be honest. I highlighted lots of bits on here but generally I found it quite amusing (although I did scream Joseph at the screen every time he said East was getting booked in the last minute, and he did say it at least 4 times!). I imagine it gets tiresome to listen to so much wrong every week though. Him not being able to see the pitch directly and look beyond the camera to what's actually happening doesn't help him either.

It's certainly the worst streaming set up in the League though. I think I can confidently say that without having seen Dundee yet. It's probably only marginally worse than Arbroath because their commentary is better. Their pictures are worse though, mainly because their stand isn't high enough to offer a proper view.

I dont remember there being any contracts required to use the SPFL setup. Pretty sure they said that clubs were free to use it as and when, even just as a one-off.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Arbroath use a professional companies equipment not pixellot

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont remember there being any contracts required to use the SPFL setup. Pretty sure they said that clubs were free to use it as and when, even just as a one-off.

Fair enough. I wasn't really conscious you could pick up and drop at will. I thought if you committed to it you ran with it. Would they be able to run their own feed through Stream AMG though? Or would they need another streaming company?

16 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Arbroath use a professional companies equipment not pixellot

I think it was still Pixellot when they did our game was it not? I'm sure it was Pixellot I watched but fair point it's not now. Is the camera angle not much the same though or have they got more height in it? Arbroath was the worst I've seen this year in that you couldn't tell who was doing what at the far touchline because the angle was so shallow.