Inverness v Queens

A great result especially given the players we had out but probably an undeserved one. 

I dont think Caley should be too pessimistic though, they clearly have some awesome dudes in their team and if they can improve their shooting from around the penalty arc will be sure to smash some results in the games they have in hand.

Fine win.  Rode our luck a bit, some great work by Ferguson in goal, great run from Joseph and finish from Nortey.  Thought Nortey was quite good tonight.  Also thought we had a better balance when Dobbs went off.  Bit disappointed in Jones tonight - he talked himself up in his interview on Friday night but the ICT defence looked a bit strong for him tonight.  This defensive shape with big Ayo in midfield is suiting us better I think - looking more solid.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Meh. This is an amateur trying his best and volunteering for his club. I'm not listening to it, so can't comment on how bad it is, but is it any worse than so called professionals on Sportsound who get the goalscorers name wrong on a weekly basis or even Pat Bonner who doesn't know any of the player's names unless it's Celtic?

Yes.  He's worse.  Much much much worse.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He isn’t volunteering for his club. He is a Ross County “fan”.

Handpicked by the CEO apparently, who has ignored all complaints about the coverage since the start of the season.  I have a theory that this commentator knows he's unpopular and is deliberately trying to be as irritating as possible.

Outstanding. Wasn't magic stuff but shorn of so many starters (probably 5 or 6 missing in Shields, Fitzpatrick, Mebude, McCabe, McKee, Pybus) we dug in, and worked so hard for a result. Wee bit fortunate with the long ranger that hit the post but we did otherwise keep them pretty quiet. Got a bit deep late on but that's understandable and we didn't really give them any chances from it.

Brilliant work from Joseph on the goal. Nice finish from Norts. Only disappointment being as it wasn't at home we can't use the 'Ebeneezer Goode' music that's ready for it!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Get in there! Regardless of Caley's position that's a fantastic result for us. A draw was probably a fairer reflection but even though Caley had the better chances they never really cut the defence open. They were shots from distance which Ferguson dealt with comfortably. I actually thought we looked as solid tonight as we did against Hearts but this time we avoided our usual defensive brainfart and held on.

No failures for the 2nd game in a row and our weakest player was probably Dobbs. Just not his formation at all sadly. Joseph did what that role requires almost immediately after coming on and we get our goal.

A hard game again on Saturday but as I said before this one, if we put in the same defensive performance we should take something from Dundee.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Handpicked by the CEO apparently, who has ignored all complaints about the coverage since the start of the season.  I have a theory that this commentator knows he's unpopular and is deliberately trying to be as irritating as possible.

Good old Scot Gardiner. :lol:

Starting to think we could be in real trouble now. We seemed to have far more of the ball in both halves but did f**k all with it in the final third; by the second half it looked like Queens defenders knew that we had no-one capable of really stretching them or breaking their line and that they could  sit back and wait for the chance to counter. And of course, when it happens, we have no-one tracking Nortey's run. Anyone watching that will know exactly how to play us.    

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you not have enough fans to get volunteers?

The worst thing is we do have volunteers at the ground filming the game from the other side of the pitch, plus plenty of our own fans saying they would commentate but as mentioned above it has been completely ignored by the club.

Great result - it wasn’t pretty but what an effort from a really depleted squad. Some great performances tonight - Gibson again was terrific, CBs did well, Nortey and McGrory were everywhere and Joseph did brilliantly for the goal.

Some of our resident P and B “experts” will no doubt find fault with the Manager again making no allowance whatsoever for the scale of the task he has had in building a squad in the first place and now having to deal with an unprecedented injury list. A long way to go but a huge result tonight.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I don't think there's any doubt about that. He pretty much acknowledged that in his commentary tonight when he said 'so I'm here to annoy you'. 

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The worst thing is we do have volunteers at the ground filming the game from the other side of the pitch, plus plenty of our own fans saying they would commentate but as mentioned above it has been completely ignored by the club.

Thought he was amusing at first but it got a bit annoying as the match went on.  But then again I'm sure he's a volunteer and I'm damned sure I'd be worse if I tried it - so hate to criticise too much.