Inverness v Queens

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not the fact of the matter. It's nowhere near fact, don't encourage him. We've just put in our best defensive performance in years and the type of performance required up at Inverness if we want to take anything and this guy wants the game off. It's possibly one of the most stupid things he's posted on here and there's a big list to choose from. The 5 players mentioned I expect some would start if they were available but there's no chance all 5 go back in after Friday's performance.

This lack of goal threat without Shields is a nonsense as well. There's no question he's a big miss but in the Morton and Arbroath games we had a whole 1 more shot on target than we did against Hearts. We looked threatening against Hearts and Dapo and Jones look like they can cause problems with their pace.

Again I'm not having a go at Goss but from what I've saw from him so far he just wouldn't be able to carry out the role required by the striker in that system. I don't think it's Dapo's game either but he'll be more effective at defending from the front and running the channels than Goss.

Given our record at ICT I'd be more than happy with a point and would be hoping for an identical performance to Friday (without the stupid penalty of course).

Still think better to have the game off for a change I don't think it is stupid surely you want to go up to Inverness with your best players not have 5 out and a half fit Dobbie .

Jones and Dapo are  wingers surely Goss up top would be our best option look at the goal he got at Raith a  cross him in the middle goal   Dapo is not big enough or strong enough to hold it up or win anything in the air .

Drop East from the team just does not do enough for me 

4 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Yes until the penny drops, if it's against site rules get the Mods to ban me.

I dont want to speak for other posters but Im pretty certain that penny dropped for everyone on here a long time ago.

Spamming is against the site rules, so ... who knows

Edited by Mr X

Still think better to have the game off for a change I don't think it is stupid surely you want to go up to Inverness with your best players not have 5 out and a half fit Dobbie .
Jones and Dapo are  wingers surely Goss up top would be our best option look at the goal he got at Raith a  cross him in the middle goal   Dapo is not big enough or strong enough to hold it up or win anything in the air .
Drop East from the team just does not do enough for me 

Dapo is a striker.

And am glad your not manager as while Fitzpatrick is missing there’s no better option on the wing than East. Not the answer with everyone available but the boy does a lot of the donkey work effectively

59 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Any others noticed a few more were out for your last game?

McHattie and Toshney are permacrocked though they are allegedly coming back to something approaching full fitness. Personally I'd get rid of them. Some of our fans seem to think that Toshney is going to be brilliant when he comes back but I just haven't seen anything to suggest this will be the case though I would love to be wrong.

Deas and Devine had been out as well but they should be back for this one. Doran and McDonald out as I mention above and Keatings went off injured in the Arbroath match as well.

I expect something along the lines of the following to start on Wednesday:

Ridgers
Duffy Devine Deas Harper
Welsh Allardice
Storey Vincent Mckay
Sutherland

Dapo Mebude was one of the Rangers players allegedly at a house party at the weekend.
Could that be another selection problem for Queens?
No problem, we have a local boy far far better who's been biding his time. He'll start in his place and easily score at least 7 goals against Caley.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Dapo Mebude was one of the Rangers players allegedly at a house party at the weekend.

Could that be another selection problem for Queens?

Brilliant isn't it, we have half a dozen mainly forward players out injured and we finally get a couple of decent loan signings in as cover and one of them straight away goes and has a Covid brain fart.  I like the wee lad Dapo but dearie me ..... in his defence, to be fair he is a fitba' player .....

This game has all the makings of which set of fans can moan the most about our injury lists and get in as many excuses pre-match as we can ..... game on folks! 😄

On 14/02/2021 at 11:17, 19QOS19 said:

............................ We've just put in our best defensive performance in years and the type of performance required up at Inverness if we want to take anything ............... Given our record at ICT I'd be more than happy with a point and would be hoping for an identical performance to Friday (without the stupid penalty of course).

Have to say, I'm with 19QOS19 on his view above - ICT are a strong, pacy side and at home - I'd go with a similar shape/performance as the Hearts one.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Pace is a relative thing though ....

True! I would interested in knowing the yardstick given the heifers normally pounding around our pitch :lol:

Toshney is a good example of someone who's looked better by not playing.  He's only played about half a dozen games and did look reasonably solid.  Nothing to suggest that he's the defensive maestro some people seem to think he is though.

After the hearts game I think it would be harsh to change it to much tbh.
On the Goss debate what I will say is if he's ony going to get 1 minute here and 30secs there we will never find out what he's like he's a big strong lad who you would hope could hold the ball up and lay it off for dapo jones sheilds etc to run on to.
I'd have had him on with 15 minutes left the other night as the front guys were fecked

3 hours ago, gogs said:

After the hearts game I think it would be harsh to change it to much tbh.
On the Goss debate what I will say is if he's ony going to get 1 minute here and 30secs there we will never find out what he's like he's a big strong lad who you would hope could hold the ball up and lay it off for dapo jones sheilds etc to run on to.
I'd have had him on with 15 minutes left the other night as the front guys were fecked

You think Dapo will still be a Queens player? 

Was scrolling through the fixtures, Scotsman had done an article about who's ref'ing the matches but labelled this game as ICT v Queen of the South v Aberdeen. 

image.png.ebfcd77b1d1afde41c81d5b73191cc19.png

Good luck to all three teams in this first for Scottish football :D 

Edited by ATLIS