Inverness v Queens

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Why would the pitch be waterlogged?

We have wildfire warnings right now up here in the Highlands and there have been fires breaking out, its dry.

Unless there is torrential rain between now and Wednesday this game should be on.

On 11/02/2021 at 16:29, RiG said:

Based on the forecast just now there is heavy snow expected on Saturday as well as a continuation of the freezing temperatures so the weekend game has little to no chance of being on.

On Sunday though the temperature appears to pick up a bit so it gives the Wednesday game a fighting chance. Whether the pitch becomes waterlogged as a result of any thawing I don't know. The drainage was improved at the expense of the USH.  I'd say 50:50 for the Queens one as things stand. 

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That was from 2 days ago. There isn't that much snow on the ground right now most of it has already gone. No new snow yet.

The ground is still hard from the frost, it will probably take a couple of days for it to properly thaw out if the temperature can stay above freezing. Same goes for the pitch, a concern might be that there could still be frozen patches where the sun doesn't reach for long enough for it to thaw out. With the amount of snow left I don't see a problem with any melt water logging the pitch and we will see if any melt from the river makes a difference to the water table which I doubt, we've had worse and its made no difference. Probably get a better idea on Monday, see where we are.

Given the forecast there should a significant thaw from Sunday through to Wednesday. Largely dry weather too.

ICT Met Office

Hope Queens can take the same degree of organisation and commitment into the ICT match as they did last night against the Hertz ......... but this is Queens isn't it - could we really do that two games in a row?  I'm gonna let optimism get the better of me here.  I never learn.

Could really have done with the game off as we have so many out with injury .

McKee McCabe Fitzpatrick Shields and now Pybus  5 key players all would have started if available 

Dobbie on his way back but at best will be on the bench nowhere near 100 % fit .

Hopefully can be as organised and up for it as the Hearts game but without Shields we will struggle to have a goal threat.

Edited by Northfield 53

Sadly that is the fact of the matter. But I still don't get the fact that AJ doesn't give Goss a run from the start, particularly with our injury list.  This is a game, with current injuries, where we'll struggle up front, and I'm not convinced that Mebude, on his own, will do much against big defenders. Goss may just unsettle defenders so is it not time to give him a start, and not the usual 89/90 minute appearance?

Could really have done with the game off as we have so many out with injury .
McKee McCabe Fitzpatrick Shields and now Pybus  5 key players all would have started if available 
Dobbie on his way back but at best will be on the bench nowhere near 100 % fit .
Hopefully can be as organised and up for it as the Hearts game but without Shields we will struggle to have a goal threat.

Sadly that is the fact of the matter. But I still don't get the fact that AJ doesn't give Goss a run from the start, particularly with our injury list.  This is a game, with current injuries, where we'll struggle up front, and I'm not convinced that Mebude, on his own, will do much against big defenders. Goss may just unsettle defenders so is it not time to give him a start, and not the usual 89/90 minute appearance?

It's not the fact of the matter. It's nowhere near fact, don't encourage him. We've just put in our best defensive performance in years and the type of performance required up at Inverness if we want to take anything and this guy wants the game off. It's possibly one of the most stupid things he's posted on here and there's a big list to choose from. The 5 players mentioned I expect some would start if they were available but there's no chance all 5 go back in after Friday's performance.

This lack of goal threat without Shields is a nonsense as well. There's no question he's a big miss but in the Morton and Arbroath games we had a whole 1 more shot on target than we did against Hearts. We looked threatening against Hearts and Dapo and Jones look like they can cause problems with their pace.

Again I'm not having a go at Goss but from what I've saw from him so far he just wouldn't be able to carry out the role required by the striker in that system. I don't think it's Dapo's game either but he'll be more effective at defending from the front and running the channels than Goss.

Given our record at ICT I'd be more than happy with a point and would be hoping for an identical performance to Friday (without the stupid penalty of course).

It's not the fact of the matter. It's nowhere near fact, don't encourage him. We've just put in our best defensive performance in years and the type of performance required up at Inverness if we want to take anything and this guy wants the game off. It's possibly one of the most stupid things he's posted on here and there's a big list to choose from. The 5 players mentioned I expect some would start if they were available but there's no chance all 5 go back in after Friday's performance.

This lack of goal threat without Shields is a nonsense as well. There's no question he's a big miss but in the Morton and Arbroath games we had a whole 1 more shot on target than we did against Hearts. We looked threatening against Hearts and Dapo and Jones look like they can cause problems with their pace.

Again I'm not having a go at Goss but from what I've saw from him so far he just wouldn't be able to carry out the role required by the striker in that system. I don't think it's Dapo's game either but he'll be more effective at defending from the front and running the channels than Goss.

Given our record at ICT I'd be more than happy with a point and would be hoping for an identical performance to Friday (without the stupid penalty of course).

Actually thought Dapo did fine on Friday, the one moment he got, he was taken out. But he stuck to the task and worked hard. There’s no doubting he needs to bulk up but I’m more encouraged by that performance than the week before.

Actually thought Dapo did fine on Friday, the one moment he got, he was taken out. But he stuck to the task and worked hard. There’s no doubting he needs to bulk up but I’m more encouraged by that performance than the week before.

Early on I thought Dapo was really struggling on Friday with the ball coming straight back almost every time it went forward. He stuck at it though and ended up putting in a great shift for the team.

Guest TOPFITTER
1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:
Midfield defends = Chance
Midfield disnae defend = Nae Chance
Prediction  1-1
Goss to get a grudged 5 minutes.

’Mon The South

Do you think Goss would have done a better job than Dapo the other night?

Very quick reply suggesting you’re not for giving local boys a fair shot  maybe? As for versus Hearts, he would have offered something different and more of a challenge at high balls, his hold up play would have given the defence some respite and the midfield a chance to support.

What’s the point of a Club Academy and Player Parhway to the Club if the participants have little or no chance to develop and flourish in the 1st team and hopefully transfer on to raise funds ? Continually firefighting relegation and developing other teams up and coming players at ours expense seems profligate, you could do away with all but 1st team and save money for central belt “proven” players.

35 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Midfield defends = Chance

Midfield disnae defend = Nae Chance

Prediction  1-1

Goss to get a grudged 5 minutes.

’Mon The South

Are you going to post that on every thread?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Early on I thought Dapo was really struggling on Friday with the ball coming straight back almost every time it went forward. He stuck at it though and ended up putting in a great shift for the team.

This. Pace is far more threatening and difficult to defend against than physicality.

Very quick reply suggesting you’re not for giving local boys a fair shot  maybe? As for versus Hearts, he would have offered something different and more of a challenge at high balls, his hold up play would have given the defence some respite and the midfield a chance to support.
What’s the point of a Club Academy and Player Parhway to the Club if the participants have little or no chance to develop and flourish in the 1st team and hopefully transfer on to raise funds ? Continually firefighting relegation and developing other teams up and coming players at ours expense seems profligate, you could do away with all but 1st team and save money for central belt “proven” players.

I think it's more accurate to say you'd rather we play local boys ahead of better players. I haven't seen Goss play apart from his appearances in a QoS jersey so can only judge him on those but I've not seen anything so far to suggest his hold up play is worth writing home about. Dapo wound up the Hearts defense, harried them, gave the defence an out ball and was comfortably one of our best performers, which says a lot given there were no failures. To swap him for Goss against ICT would just be a ludicrous decision. Again, I've maybe not watched Goss as much as you so you may well know more about his game but from his appearances in a QoS jersey I really don't get why folk are getting so worked up about his lack of game time. For him to play more we need a system that suits him. And for those who think it's a dig at the boy, I'd say it's exactly the same for Dobbie. If Dobbs is 100% fit on Wednesday I would still play Dapo ahead of him as the system is better suited to the latter.

The training academy is a different discussion entirely. Of course we want to see boys come through it but I'm sorry, survival is more important at this stage. I don't care a jot that a loanee is getting in ahead of local players right now. You play you're best players available to you to get results - that includes local boy and trainee graduate Wullie Gibson...

Guest TOPFITTER
1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Are you going to post that on every thread?

Yes until the penny drops, if it's against site rules get the Mods to ban me.

You’re letting your son in law down by constantly posting this p!sh....