Sign in to follow this  
Scottydog

20-21 Season of the Hammy

Just watching the QotS v Jambos game the night and see that Dan Pybus limped off after pulling up with a hamstring injury, seems to me there have been more of them this season than I can ever recall seeing before.

By my reckoning Rovers have had at least 5 issues so far. Vaughan (although more understandable than the rest), Duku, K MacDonald, Benedictus and J MacDonald. Add in the early injuries to Ugwu, Musonda and Spencer which I cant recall the nature of and the latest one to Gullan which is as yet unspecified. Even if none of the last 4 are hamstring related 5 is a hell of a lot for half a season.

Edited to add, it is actually at least 8 hamstring injuries as I'd omitted early injuries to Tumilty, Mendy and Gozie Ugwu the latter having indeed had hamstring issues.

Anyone else seeing similar at their club?

Edited by Scottydog

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Just watching the QotS v Jambos game the night and see that Dan Pybus limped off after pulling up with a hamstring injury, seems to me there have been more of them this season than I can ever recall seeing before.

By my reckoning Rovers have had at least 5 issues so far. Vaughan (although more understandable than the rest), Duku, K MacDonald, Benedictus and J MacDonald. Add in the early injuries to Ugwu, Musonda and Spencer which I cant recall the nature of and the latest one to Gullan which is as yet unspecified. Even if none of the last 4 are hamstring related 5 is a hell of a lot for half a season.

Anyone else being similar?

Add Tumilty and Mendy with hammy issues in early Oct,  Ugwu was groin at first and then later hammy, Musonda was foot, Spencer was never explained.

52 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Maybe they need to change the pre-match warm up?

So none up at Dens then?

43 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

So none up at Dens then?

I thought Liam Fontaine might have had against Arbroath, but he's fine and training now so thankfully not.

Josh Ginnelly - our only competent winger despite having signed five of late - gubbed his hamstring (ending his season) a couple of weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Football player gets injured. Stop press.

Wow!

How insightful!

.......................and pertinent to the thread.

It’s wrong but I’ll admit it....when some opposition player is speeding towards your goal & usually just when he’s past your past defender crumples to the deck hand on rear thigh area is funny 😄