Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Who do you think should run it, are you suggesting a model where member clubs have no input? They would pay an independent body to manage and decide issues?

I would say the government should have a controlling interest, given taxpayers are underwriting the whole thing. 

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

I would say the government should have a controlling interest, given taxpayers are underwriting the whole thing. 

At the moment they are finding it, but that isn't normally the case @roman_bairnseems to be looking for a long term arrangement. 

In this situation, what do you think the result would be if you asked Government to decide if the season should continue? Do you think Sturgeon and the cabinet would then move on to decide on whether it should be null and void or PPG?

Who do you think should run it, are you suggesting a model where member clubs have no input? They would pay an independent body to manage and decide issues?

I think an independent system would stand a better chance of doing what’s best for clubs on the whole.
No doubt infighting would continue, but at least the decisions taken would not be solely for the interest of bigger clubs if it was run fairly.
It would be the responsibility of whoever that body was to listen to the differing views of individual clubs to come to the fairest conclusion, so clubs would have input, but would not have any say in the decisions reached.....
Ps. At no point have I suggested this should be run by the government....

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At the moment they are finding it, but that isn't normally the case @roman_bairnseems to be looking for a long term arrangement. 

In this situation, what do you think the result would be if you asked Government to decide if the season should continue? Do you think Sturgeon and the cabinet would then move on to decide on whether it should be null and void or PPG?

I think if the government had balls, they would have voided the Championship, L1 and L2 from Boxing Day and the cash handed out would have been explicitly to help clubs hibernate. 

And yes, I think Sturgeon's got the balls to do it. 

Govt would take the bigger picture into account and the public health message in late December was to shut up shop.   

I think if the government had balls, they would have voided the Championship, L1 and L2 from Boxing Day and the cash handed out would have been explicitly to help clubs hibernate. 

Govt would take the bigger picture into account and the public health message in late December was to shut up shop.   

In fact let’s throw the Premiership into that too. That would have been hilarious....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think an independent system would stand a better chance of doing what’s best for clubs on the whole.
No doubt infighting would continue, but at least the decisions taken would not be solely for the interest of bigger clubs if it was run fairly.
It would be the responsibility of whoever that body was to listen to the differing views of individual clubs to come to the fairest conclusion, so clubs would have input, but would not have any say in the decisions reached.....

You didn't answer who would pay for it. If you expect clubs to pay and then stand back and let this new independent management body run the show you're deluded.

How far would this body go, just the big stuff or right down to suspensians, appeals etc that the governing bodies do now? Are suggesting all functions  of both SPFL & sEA should be outsourced?

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I've no doubt they have the balls to close football down right now if someone was daft enough to ask them. If you think they'd bother with the minutae of void, PPG etc you're as deluded as @roman_bairn.

I've no doubt they have the balls to close football down right now if someone was daft enough to ask them. If you think they'd bother with the minutae of void, PPG etc you're as deluded as [mention=2605]roman_bairn[/mention].

Don’t disagree I’m deluded and it’s never going to happen. A body such as the SFA, with some restructure, could run it without the need for the SPFL....

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Appreciate you are thick as two planks but I did say, ‘with some restructure’....

Restructure how exactly? With whom taking over? Who would they be responsible to within the game, so that they're not just making their own brand of arbitrary and idiotic decisions instead?

There has not been a single problem in Scottish football for which the solution has been 'let the SFA handle it'. 

Restructure how exactly? With whom taking over? Who would they be responsible to within the game, so that they're not just making their own brand of arbitrary and idiotic decisions instead?
There has not been a single problem in Scottish football for which the solution has been 'let the SFA handle it'. 

Don’t get so hung up on the term SFA. Ultimately we just need some independent decision makers. That’s the key point of my argument.
You can completely disband the SFA in its current form as far as I’m concerned.
However the fact that not a single problem has needed the SFA, or whatever, to intervene, perhaps is at the heart of the problem....

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t get so hung up on the term SFA. Ultimately we just need some independent decision makers. That’s the key point of my argument.
You can completely disband the SFA in its current form as far as I’m concerned.
However the fact that not a single problem has needed the SFA, or whatever, to intervene, perhaps is at the heart of the problem....

Who would make the rules these independent decision makers have to abide by? Would it be new body set up within football, or an arbiter like a legal firm? Who would run the day to day stuff, referee appointments, discipline etc. Who'd run the Scottish Cup?

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's thaim that's at fault. Sumhin' must be dunn!

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Or we can continue to stand still. Much better....

You can can continue to shout nonsense into the ether. You clearly have no idea how football either is or could be run. Or the impact years of poor decision making history has painted the organisations in to this particular corner.

You can can continue to shout nonsense into the ether. You clearly have no idea how football either is or could be run. Or the impact years of poor decision making history has painted the organisations in to this particular corner.

It doesn’t take too much to work out that things are wrong you clot....[emoji3]

Yes, of course. The key word in my post was precisely. A single plan made in August could not cover all scenarios. 

They could have had a plan. It could have been decided that if the season was ended prematurely then pts per game would decide the outcome if a certain proportion of games had been played and null and void if less than that. They could even have included at what point it would be impossible to complete the remaining games.

23 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

In August, nobody could have foreseen precisely how things would turn out. A 'Plan B' to sort out any unknown scenario would have been impossible. They would have needed Plans B, C, D, E, F etc.. The clubs did not abdicate their responsibility. They refused to give the SPFL carte blanche to impose a solution without further scrutiny. After the debacle of last season, I don't blame them. Of course clubs will vote to suit their own agenda. The board of any company has a duty to do so. 

23 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Disagree. All the scientists were talking about the winter being worse than the 1st wave.

33 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

They could have had a plan. It could have been decided that if the season was ended prematurely then pts per game would decide the outcome if a certain proportion of games had been played and null and void if less than that. They could even have included at what point it would be impossible to complete the remaining games.

In my original  post I stated that they would need plans for multiple scenarios. You disagreed but now you are stating precisely the same. I'm struggling with this 'debate'.