Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

45 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

How many games in the championship have been postponed as a result of Covid since testing started. Is it just the 2 Dunfermline games ? That would be 2 games out of about 40 ?

If there were a whole bunch more, I could understand the argument about the extra split matches in L1 & L2 causing a problem

Rovers vs Inverness also called off.

Even a 18 game season has Clyde playing twice a week, every week until the end of the season without an extension in place.  Even if an extension gets given they need to have 18 games played by that point to be ready for the split.  Why happens if they are forced into isolation for 10 days?  That’s going to be at least 3 fixtures missed.  Where are they fitted in?

I think it’s a near certainty a side are going to have to call games off due to Covid,    2 championship clubs in the last 6 weeks have found positive cases. I think it’s highly unlikely that none of the 20 clubs restarting will find positives in a similar time frame.

Edit- it should be remembered that the split proposal guarantees some clubs will be playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday at some point within those 2 weeks extension being seeked.

Edited by parsforlife

11 hours ago, Dunderheid said:

League 1 & 2 clubs bracing themselves for fresh sanctions by the SFA/SPFL as a punishment for Rangers fans actions?

They were only just getting back after being punished for the Celtic overseas jolly!

That might be the case, but one thing is certain... Rangers will get absolutely Zero punishment for the disgraceful scenes yesterday! Sickening

11 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

The scenario of SG shutting down all Scottish Football on the back of this afternoon’s events and the Premiership being declared Null & Void crossed anyone’s mind? 

Because the police aren't bothering their arse to do their job? Nah, won't fly.

Rovers vs Inverness also called off.
Even a 18 game season has Clyde playing twice a week, every week until the end of the season without an extension in place.  Even if an extension gets given they need to have 18 games played by that point to be ready for the split.  Why happens if they are forced into isolation for 10 days?  That’s going to be at least 3 fixtures missed.  Where are they fitted in?
I think it’s a near certainty a side are going to have to call games off due to Covid,    2 championship clubs in the last 6 weeks have found positive cases. I think it’s highly unlikely that none of the 20 clubs restarting will find positives in a similar time frame.

Edit- it should be remembered that the split proposal guarantees some clubs will be playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday at some point within those 2 weeks extension being seeked.

I guess the Clyde situation is a reasonable argument for not extending, except that all 20 L1 & L2 clubs voted for the split. I expect that one or two clubs will have postponements - but not the wholesale situation that the SPFL’s statement suggested.

Have you seen a proposed schedule for the split. If it is a two week extension and each club has 4 games to play, does that not mean just 2 games in a week ?

20 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I guess the Clyde situation is a reasonable argument for not extending, except that all 20 L1 & L2 clubs voted for the split. I expect that one or two clubs will have postponements - but not the wholesale situation that the SPFL’s statement suggested.

Have you seen a proposed schedule for the split. If it is a two week extension and each club has 4 games to play, does that not mean just 2 games in a week ?

One or two clubs requiring postponements has a knock on effect on 5 or 6 clubs.  

All 20 clubs might have backed the proposal,  But that doesn’t make it workable,  clubs like Clyde or Brechin have good reason to seek to play more games, but they need to provide an answer on how they can fit them in, or what to do if they can’t.

The split is 4 games each,  but you need 5 rounds of fixtures to account for the spare team every week,  so unless they move game 18 forward a few days(which as shown will be a very difficult task) the fixtures would need to be along the lines of

Tuesday 4th may

Saturday 8th may

Tuesday 11th may

Thursday 13th may

Saturday 15th may

Each team will sit out 1 round of fixtures. So if your the side that sits out the first Tuesday you have a very busy schedule going into the playoffs.  You can move the Thursday games to the first week but I’m not sure that helps much.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Because the police aren't bothering their arse to do their job? Nah, won't fly.

Tbf It's probably not the right place for this discussion however I don't think it's fair to blame the police for the scenes yesterday. They were hugely outnumbered so wading in and nicking folk was not going to end well. That being said, it was no secret there was going to be thousands of them descending on ibrox as it was all over social media for weeks, as is the planned gathering at George Square. Maybe a bit of pro active policing wouldn't have gone astray.

One or two clubs requiring postponements has a knock on effect on 5 or 6 clubs.  
All 20 clubs might have backed the proposal,  But that doesn’t make it workable,  clubs like Clyde or Brechin have good reason to seek to play more games, but they need to provide an answer on how they can fit them in, or what to do if they can’t.
The split is 4 games each,  but you need 5 rounds of fixtures to account for the spare team every week,  so unless they move game 18 forward a few days(which as shown will be a very difficult task) the fixtures would need to be along the lines of
Tuesday 4th may
Saturday 8th may
Tuesday 11th may
Thursday 13th may
Saturday 15th may
Each team will sit out 1 round of fixtures. So if your the side that sits out the first Tuesday you have a very busy schedule going into the playoffs.  You can move the Thursday games to the first week but I’m not sure that helps much.

Thanks for that.

32 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Tbf It's probably not the right place for this discussion however I don't think it's fair to blame the police for the scenes yesterday. They were hugely outnumbered so wading in and nicking folk was not going to end well. That being said, it was no secret there was going to be thousands of them descending on ibrox as it was all over social media for weeks, as is the planned gathering at George Square. Maybe a bit of pro active policing wouldn't have gone astray.

Eh?

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

If Celtic fail to win today, the zombie hordes are descending on George Square.

In that case... Hire a couple of crop dusters, fill the tanks with boiling oil, and empty over George Square.  Problem solved. 

17 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

In that case... Hire a couple of crop dusters, fill the tanks with boiling oil, and empty over George Square.  Problem solved. 

GIF by NarcityMedia.

Is third the kind of thing you advocate....   Maybe a little bit extreme....

34 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

In that case... Hire a couple of crop dusters, fill the tanks with boiling oil, Agent Orange and empty over George Square.  Problem solved. 

FTFY. Surely more appropriate?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Mental to think that after everything rangers and Celtic will have done from the start of this season till tomorrow morning they will have faced not a single punishment yet leagues 1 and 2 have been shut down for weeks.
Also that 2 years ago an admin error warranted 4 points deducted but nothing those 2 scum bag clubs have done is worthy of any punishment.

Can all 40 clubs get together and vote to kick them both from the leagues...oh wait they practically run the fucking leagues

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Clubs had the chance to consign that mob to history in 2013 and shat it.

Richard Gough today, congratulating Glasgow Rangers FC on clinching the Scottish Premier League title...

"To get put down to the bottom tier of Scottish Football was an absolute disgrace."

Nothing like a bad winner!

2 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Richard Gough today, congratulating Glasgow Rangers FC on clinching the Scottish Premier League title...

"To get put down to the bottom tier of Scottish Football was an absolute disgrace."

Nothing like a bad winner!

Knowing the likes of him and Souness on Sky today are still bitter means I can take something from the day.