Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

What’s the story with the Scottish Cup if the league is declared null and void? Are clubs expected to come back for 1 game with no preparation? I’m not against an 18 game season as I just can’t see a 27 game season + playoffs being feasible. Since the MLS moved their season to Orlando I’m all for every club basing themselves in Auckland too.

11 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What’s the story with the Scottish Cup if the league is declared null and void? Are clubs expected to come back for 1 game with no preparation? I’m not against an 18 game season as I just can’t see a 27 game season + playoffs being feasible. Since the MLS moved their season to Orlando I’m all for every club basing themselves in Auckland too.

I don't see how it can possibly continue this side of the summer without being rendered a complete farce. Hold it over until the start of next season and run at least a few rounds alongside the Betfred Cup groups would be my preferred solution. 

What I actually meant at the start of this thread was, home and away played rather than 50%. I overlooked the 28 game season thing. Home and away played would give a fair reflection and would be hard to justify not promoting/ relegating teams based on that. It's looking unlikely even that could happen though, through the ineptitude of the spfl.

As the Scottish has no sponsor this year imo so no financial penalties will be invoked unlike last season if it wasn’t played to an end. It would have been interesting if we had a sponsor for the leagues if any ramifications fir this season, but as Barry Hearn said if you can’t find a league sponsor then the guy that couldn’t find one should be shown the door, but it’s clear Doncaster is only there as a shield for any bullets aimed at the spfl board, those in charge are more than happy for him to take the flak.

You think that in August someone at the SPFL could have predicted how many games would be played before shutting down again. Are you sure? Why did they start the season then?
There is most likely external factors in the decisions I.e they have to keep the positive cases down or it is all shut down. Take all bar two leagues, out of the equation and it more than halfs the risk of that happening while keeping the TV deal, sponsors etc happy. That is obviously a bit conspiracy but not beyond the realms of possibility when it comes to Doncaster or whoever.

14 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes, you should.
Consistency and fairness should always be the core values for the game.
Trouble is, it’s never been the bywords in Scottish Football....

They shouldn't take account of changing  circumstances either generally or within the individual club, just vote the same way they did last time?

As the Scottish has no sponsor this year imo so no financial penalties will be invoked unlike last season if it wasn’t played to an end. It would have been interesting if we had a sponsor for the leagues if any ramifications fir this season, but as Barry Hearn said if you can’t find a league sponsor then the guy that couldn’t find one should be shown the door, but it’s clear Doncaster is only there as a shield for any bullets aimed at the spfl board, those in charge are more than happy for him to take the flak.

The Scottish Cup still has a TV deal that would be breached if they competition isn't completed.

The SPFL still has tons of sponsors, it may not have a headline sponsor, but there are still several companies who are official SPFL partners. The truth is, I doubt even one of them will be bothered about League 1 or 2 being stopped, because that's not what gets them the exposure.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you seriously expect a club to potentially vote for themselves to be relegated?

Exciting times coming up for us as football fans.

Every time we don’t like what position we may finish in the table we’re going to have a vote to decide if relegation or promotion stands that season. We’ll have votes coming out of our ears. It’ll be like Leitch announcing variants. 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Exciting times coming up for us as football fans.

Every time we don’t like what position we may finish in the table we’re going to have a vote to decide if relegation or promotion stands that season. We’ll have votes coming out of our ears. It’ll be like Leitch announcing variants. 

That isn't what is happening in this case though.

I'm aware of previous, convenient reconstruction, but this is different.

Do you seriously expect a club to potentially vote for themselves to be relegated?

We have had this conversation already.
The REAL issue is that it’s with the clubs to decide at all.
As long as this remains the case Scottish Football will struggle to progress because what’s best for the game will be stifled due to individual self interest...

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We have had this conversation already.
The REAL issue is that it’s with the clubs to decide at all.
As long as this remains the case Scottish Football will struggle to progress because what’s best for the game will be stifled due to individual self interest...

Who do you think should run it, are you suggesting a model where member clubs have no input? They would pay an independent body to manage and decide issues?