Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

2 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Just to clear something up, if the Spfl board and the league 1 and 2 clubs agree on a plan, does it have to go to a vote of all 42 clubs or just the 20 involved?

I could be wrong here but I think if we are voting on a 22 game season/split with the play-offs moving out by two weeks then we need the Championship clubs to vote on this. If we weren't proposing to move the play-offs I think we could vote it through ourselves (L1 & L2). Premiership clubs are not affected and thus do not need a vote on the matter. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only certain clubs know why it's 22 and I would only presume it's to try and save their own skins at the bottom or give them more chance at the top. As per usual though the sensible option is being bypassed again through sheer self interest.  If we can't play 27 then the fairest option is 18 and a playoff not 22 then a split playoff then a promotion playoff against virtually the same teams but two. Completely ludicrous.

Whit? 

Whether you agree or not, they'll know why it was proposed.

Intrigued to see how, regardless of the outcome of this, Falkirk fans manage to convince themselves its all part of a "self interest" conspiracy to stop them getting promoted.

Yes they are asking the clubs themselves to say what the punishment will be for teams unable to play. If they do, they will provide a fixture list and say "on ye go then".

Pretty smart I suppose, and avoids any complaints of unfair impositions.

Yes they are asking the clubs themselves to say what the punishment will be for teams unable to play. If they do, they will provide a fixture list and say "on ye go then".
Pretty smart I suppose, and avoids any complaints of unfair impositions.

I don’t know about you, but whilst I can live with 22 games over 18, I wouldn’t be happy if this forces clubs to forfeit games to accommodate the constrained timeframe....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I don’t know about you, but whilst I can live with 22 games over 18, I wouldn’t be happy if this forces clubs to forfeit games to accommodate the constrained timeframe....

I would have preferred a straight 18 game shootout too. As would the SPFL. But if the clubs want it, and they end up getting hammered for some unfortunate circumstances or other, it will be their own lookout I fear.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

^^^ Bricking it as the Covid Capital of Scotland 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Well, it’s what clubs deserve for forcing this absurd extension to an already fairly crammed schedule. If you happen to be one of the unlucky ones to get hit by a covid postponement, take your forfeit and move on. If your club loses ground on a rival because they’ve been given 3 points by default, suck it up. All 20 clubs put this forward so there can be no qualms when difficulties arise.

Well, it’s what clubs deserve for forcing this absurd extension to an already fairly crammed schedule. If you happen to be one of the unlucky ones to get hit by a covid postponement, take your forfeit and move on. If your club loses ground on a rival because they’ve been given 3 points by default, suck it up. All 20 clubs put this forward so there can be no qualms when difficulties arise.

Correct. Yet another example of why the current structure doesn’t work in coming up with what’s commonsense for the game....
But here we are.

Can't understand how 22 games with a split is popular. Playing 18 seems much more sensible.

Clyde only played 8 league games until the season was suspended and we are now going to play 14 plus cup games in a shorter period? There will be little to no room for any postponements for any reason.

They might be in favour of the split just now but wait till they see the fixture list and find out your away to your promotion or relegation rival post split. Then you'll have clubs sitting out the last round of fixtures could end up with the Germany v Austria World Cup situation again with teams knowing what they need to do to get a play off place etc.

Genuinely can't even think why they all want 22. I maybe get that the likes of Falkirk might as a bit of an insurance policy if they start slowly (although it could also be another 4 games to chuck the title away if leading after 18), but can't see why every other club would want it. For clubs like ourselves, Montrose or East Fife the less games the better - one hot streak of form could win you the league.

18 games is a fair split and it's virtually guaranteed to have time to fit the games in even with the inevitable postponements. 22 games is likely to lead to issues getting games completed, thankfully it looks like the SPFL are putting this onto the clubs to ensure no farcical end to the season - although it still would be regardless of whatever they come up with.

Can they not just get on and agree to 18 games, then we can relax and enjoy an exciting end to the season without worrying about getting games completed in a ridiculous schedule. Then we can move on and forget this season ever happened and start properly in July.