Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

^^^^^^knows MorTEN are going to finish ninth and crapping it imo...

Quite likely to be finishing tenth IMO. But the last thing that should be on our already substantial to-do list for this summer is 'sit on our hands for three weeks first because some made-up, diddy split format needs to finish'. Either finish your leagues and nominate your candidates on time or don't get your play-off. 

Quite likely to be finishing tenth IMO. But the last thing that should be on our already substantial to-do list for this summer is 'sit on our hands for three weeks first because some made-up, diddy split format needs to finish'. Either finish your leagues and nominate your candidates on time or don't get your play-off. 

Where are you getting the £2m to pay off Golden Casket?

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I know, it’s entirely our own fault that the football authorities stopped our teams playing, and we should be penalised for not completing on time and upsetting the big teams in the pond above....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I know, it’s entirely our own fault that the football authorities stopped our teams playing, and we should be penalised for not completing on time and upsetting the big teams in the pond above....

Well, this proposal is entirely made up by League 1 and 2 clubs, so it kind of is our fault. We have enough time to complete 18 games and start the play-offs on time. It seems the SPFL board want that and presumably the Championship clubs have no issues with it, as their schedule stays the same. For some reason which ahs not yet been explained, League 1 and 2 clubs want to add a bizarre split, to play some more games that aren't required, and to delay the schedule of the play-offs. 

Well, this proposal is entirely made up by League 1 and 2 clubs, so it kind of is our fault. We have enough time to complete 18 games and start the play-offs on time. It seems the SPFL board want that and presumably the Championship clubs have no issues with it, as their schedule stays the same. For some reason which ahs not yet been explained, League 1 and 2 clubs want to add a bizarre split, to play some more games that aren't required, and to delay the schedule of the play-offs. 

Good point if it wasn’t for the small factor that the proposal is for 22 games rather than the 27 that the helpful SPFL would impose upon us......
I guess I also ought to mention that the 22 games is to satisfy this bizarre voting approach of 8 out of 10 clubs needing to agree, but the ludicrous nature of this system we have has been discussed many times.....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Good point if it wasn’t for the small factor that the proposal is for 22 games rather than the 27 that the helpful SPFL would impose upon us......

The SPFL don't impose anything on us. They're literally letting us sort it out and if we can't sort it out we will play what we originally agreed. 

Please god for my own sanity, start to understand how things work. 

The SPFL don't impose anything on us. They're literally letting us sort it out and if we can't sort it out we will play what we originally agreed. 

I do.
But if we did not have this stupid charade, we would have 18 games and a published list of dates by now....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I do.
But if we did not have this stupid charade, we would have 18 games and a published list of dates by now....

What charade? League 1 and 2 clubs have literally just proposed a 22 game season off their own back. Explain how we would have an 18 game fixture list by now?

What charade? League 1 and 2 clubs have literally just proposed a 22 game season off their own back. Explain how we would have an 18 game fixture list by now?

I genuinely can’t be bothered anymore. Move on.
One things for sure, we wouldn’t be mulling around discussing and split and 22 games, trying to get 8 clubs to agree then having to appeal to the wider SPFL for agreement....

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I guess I also ought to mention that the 22 games is to satisfy this bizarre voting approach of 8 out of 10 clubs needing to agree, but the ludicrous nature of this system we have has been discussed many times.....

The statement agreed between all League 1 & 2 clubs literally says that the SPFL board have told them their preference is an 18 game season.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

And mine!

The statement agreed between all League 1 & 2 clubs literally says that the SPFL board have told them their preference is an 18 game season.

Exactly my point.
So make it happen then and stop fucking about with all these self interest based discussions.....

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I genuinely can’t be bothered anymore. Move on.
One things for sure, we wouldn’t be mulling around discussing and split and 22 games, trying to get 8 clubs to agree then having to appeal to the wider SPFL for agreement....

The human riddle strikes again. On ignore. 

Only certain clubs know why it's 22 and I would only presume it's to try and save their own skins at the bottom or give them more chance at the top. As per usual though the sensible option is being bypassed again through sheer self interest.  If we can't play 27 then the fairest option is 18 and a playoff not 22 then a split playoff then a promotion playoff against virtually the same teams but two. Completely ludicrous.

With moaning about the cost of testing and the distribution of government funds previously, why on earth would the clubs want to voluntarily pay for an extra 4 games worth of testing?

Surely they aren't banking on loads of income from a few extra proxy streams? Unless they are looking to reduce any potential refunds to season ticket holders?

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Exactly my point.
So make it happen then and stop fucking about with all these self interest based discussions.....

How do they "make it happen" when the clubs in the summer explicitly voted against an 18 game season, and also explicitly voted against giving the SPFL Board the executive power to do so? I'm pretty sure you'd be outraged if they decided to go against the wishes of the clubs in any other scenario.

How do they "make it happen" when the clubs in the summer explicitly voted against an 18 game season, and also explicitly voted against giving the SPFL Board the executive power to do so? I'm pretty sure you'd be outraged if they decided to go against the wishes of the clubs in any other scenario.

A. What happened in the summer has no relevance to the current scenario.
B. How-many times do I need to state that I do NOT want clubs to control these decisions?